WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.12min, 13.1amph, 138mhr, 1.57mi= 79c
    new SKI MACHINE- 40min, 103aw, 885astrpm, 122ahr, 139mhr, lvl5-6 out of 10, 15.9km= 325c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.59min, 130mhr, 17.8amph 1.48mi= 64c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.24min, 11.8amph, 148mhr,3.03mi= 150c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.10min, 10.05min mi, 145mhr, .51mi= 65c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.35min, 10min mi, 147mhr, .45mi= 76c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.43min, 8.4amph, 155mhr,2.61mi= 204c

total cal 963
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    11 days off has begun!! I love it when ANZAC Day is this close to Easter. :):)

Still lots to do, but no work or university.

I've had to be up early today :unamused: but I've sat at my table overlooking the bay and lingered over coffee for a long time.

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Rebecca – when we moved to NC we rented 5 storage units, moved a truckload at a time from PA, moved here, found a home, and moved from the storage units to the house.

Vicki – genius taking a selfie (not)

Wish I could go for a walk, but I don’t think I’ll have time. We need to eat dinner early and then hopefully pick up Loki’s medicine and then go to ceramics. Tonight need to stop at Lowes Foods.

Carol – glad to hear the surgery went well.

Barbie – I don’t know what it is, but ceramics is so very relaxing to me. One part of me thinks it may have to do with being able to enjoy the finished product. But I can enjoy a quilt, but to me that just isn’t relaxing at all. But ceramics is Oh, I think my PigPen (Peanuts character) will be ready to be fired Monday. Then I’ll work on Snoopy and at the same time Charlie Brown since Snoopy is really just black and white. That should go quite fast.

Bev – I showed this one guy at ceramics tonight a picture of my frog and he asked where I got the pinwheel stake. He at first was surprised when I told him “the dollar store”.

Pip – I was looking forward to learning to use the ski machine at the Y, but by the time I wanted to, they’d gotten rid of it. I’m suspecting that’s because very few people were using it. Didn’t you leave your YMCA?

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,
    Kind is a great thing. It is easy to get over involved in your own space and forget to look up, reach out - sometimes just a smile is the kindest thing.

Allie – So glad to hear that the office felt so good without him, and I’m sorry but he had his daddy call???? Grow up!

Katiebug – the livingroom looks great, and I love the idea of one room at a time.

Carol – so glad to see you back posting so soon!

The weather has gone to completely gorgeous – and the weeds are celebrating by growing !!! I think some have grown 4 or 5 inches overnight!!!

Kim from N. California
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »

I saw a sign on a board outside a church years ago. It said,”If in doubt be kind”. Such a simple concept but what a difference a bit of kindness can make.

Betsy in NW Washington

I'm also on a kind kick lately. Kindness is a lost art. The fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, thankfulness, and self-control, "against such things there are no laws." One of my colleagues pointed out that 'being right' is not one of the fruits. So many times we exchange being right for being kind.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon -- unofficial state motto -- "Be nice; you're in Oregon!"

:):heart:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Hey, Tracey, that sounds great! A steep learning curve, but that's just learning stuff, which can be a fun challenge and it sounds as if the knowledge would be useful to have anyway. :D I'm rooting for you. <3

Looking forward to seeing Edie. Got to do our exercises first as the family are all going to the dentist and she will be dropped off around 11. :bigsmile:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Rebecca – when we moved to NC we rented 5 storage units, moved a truckload at a time from PA, moved here, found a home, and moved from the storage units to the house.

Vicki – genius taking a selfie (not)

Wish I could go for a walk, but I don’t think I’ll have time. We need to eat dinner early and then hopefully pick up Loki’s medicine and then go to ceramics. Tonight need to stop at Lowes Foods.

Carol – glad to hear the surgery went well.

Barbie – I don’t know what it is, but ceramics is so very relaxing to me. One part of me thinks it may have to do with being able to enjoy the finished product. But I can enjoy a quilt, but to me that just isn’t relaxing at all. But ceramics is Oh, I think my PigPen (Peanuts character) will be ready to be fired Monday. Then I’ll work on Snoopy and at the same time Charlie Brown since Snoopy is really just black and white. That should go quite fast.

Bev – I showed this one guy at ceramics tonight a picture of my frog and he asked where I got the pinwheel stake. He at first was surprised when I told him “the dollar store”.

Pip – I was looking forward to learning to use the ski machine at the Y, but by the time I wanted to, they’d gotten rid of it. I’m suspecting that’s because very few people were using it. Didn’t you leave your YMCA?

Michele in NC

I don’t go to the Y anymore, we r at 24hr fitness now. This place has 2 different kinds of machines that I call ski machines , I already finished working out, I’ll try to take pics of them tomorrow
  • lisa196922
    lisa196922 Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Started my day off right with some Zumba.

Thank you to “ Johicks” for posting their recipe of the “No Bake Fake” I’m making it today. I’m a snacker so this will be a good treat for me.

Lisa in Ohio
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth turns out Notre-Dame was an accident due to renovation project.

I like to think whatever the reason the building is a symbol of the faith. The faith itself will survive whatever disasters are thrown at it. For me the flower I painted was my belief that even in the midst of horrible disasters I can find beauty. This is the theme of the film Life is Beautiful.

Also in the following poem:

I believe in the sun even when it is not shining;
    I believe in love even when feeling it not;
    I believe in God even when he is silent.

— An inscription on the wall of a cellar in Cologne where a number of Jews hid themselves for the entire duration of the war.

We sang a version of this poem in our choir.

Margaret - my choir has sung two beautiful versions of this. "Even when God is Silent" - so incredibly powerful, and "I Believe" - has a beautiful soprano obligato over the middle line of the poem. I sang the obligato. The last stanza is a solo that my then 14 year old daughter sang. Not a dry eye left in the church.

There are many gorgeous places of faith representing many faiths in our world. I'm so glad Notre Dame has been ruled a construction accident. I feel horrible for the person or persons who accidently may have started this blaze. You are correct; faith will survive.

My sister and I are still trying to figure out what to do with my mom's finances. Ultimately, we may have to sell her house. Mom can't work her little part-time job since her stroke. Her social security check is too small to cover all expenses. But I keep my head up and try to power on. Physically, mom is doing great, but returning to work just isn't happening.

Good day though...I lost 2.5 lbs since last week.

Connie in KY