May 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    taxgirl1 wrote: »
    Did 3.05 miles today. It was a hot mess. It included a dog that I thought was limping half-way through the run, I then called my husband to pick up the dog because I didn't want her to walk too much, and then when my husband met us by the trial said dog proceeded to easily jump into my husband's car. By the time I finished the rest of the run and got home my husband said that the dog was walking around with no limp and he believes that she was faking it to get out of the run. This is not the first time the dog has done something like this, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. We will see how she feels tomorrow, but I've decided that regardless of how much she whimpers and whines I am not taking the dog out anymore on runs. I just realized that I sound like a crazy person. :D

Hahaha! Dh had a cocker spaniel that faked a limp and whined when she wanted to be babied. We have a pup, half his half my border collie, thankfully she only whines when she wants you to throw the piggy or hot dog.

So funny. Crazy dog. What breed is she? I wanted a running dog, but mine had heart worms and we did a rogue self treatment after the vets plan “killed” one. No heart worms. I think I got lucky and they probably didn’t have them very bad. But, I can’t be sure of remaining heart damage, so I’m reluctant take them out like that. She’d have been a good running pup.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @KatieJane83 oh thats so sad. Nice to see a company with a heart. Kia kaha
  • tess453
    tess453 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    Took the dogs for a 1.28 mile run. I was considering 1.5 miles but a neighborhood cat made that tough. Heh. Dogs make life interesting!

Haha for sure! There are days when Marvin gets me through a run and then there are days where he's just a nuisance.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @KatieJane83 oh thats so sad. Nice to see a company with a heart. Kia kaha

I am very sorry for this family's loss. :(
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Way behind- need to put the pedal to the metal

cMm5m8.png
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    5.5 miles run/walk - about 2.5 running. Ankle was very sore yesterday after running almost 4 miles, but fine this morning. Seems okay at the moment but icing it just in case.

@KatieJane83 I believe I saw the news article on the young man who was found deceased - missing since Friday - what a horrifying way to spend Mother’s Day weekend, and such a tragic end to the search. My thoughts are with his family.