kpaing121 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I think slimfast shakes then a meal
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    kpaing121 wrote: »
    What’s soylent

Soylent is a meal replacement shake meant for people who honestly don't like food/eating. I haven't tried them, but since you seemed dead set on wanting shakes instead of food then you might be interested: https://soylent.com/
  • kpaing121
    Options
    I buy small chicken breasts
  • kpaing121
    Options
    I get these apples as I’ve found I do like them I have smoothie with my dinner and usually one during the day
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    https://soylent.com/

It started as a thing for Silicon Valley types who find food passe and don't want to waste time cooking and eating. (Well, in reality it started as a movie: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green, but you might not want to go there.)

You can order it from the site or at amazon, although lately 7-11 here seems to sell the flavored ones. I've tried it and think the flavored ones are disgusting, but the plain, although bland, is pleasant enough to me. I vastly prefer to eat (I occasionally like a grab and go breakfast and was curious, so decided to try them).

They are high-ish cal -- 400 cal a bottle. The concept is that someone drinks 5 for 200 cal and gets all their nutrients for the day and balanced macros (kind of higher fat, which is fine): 100 g protein, 180 g carbs, 105 g fat. 3 drinks for 120 cal would not necessarily meet nutrient goals and would be a little lower protein than I'd like (60 g), but probably better than your average day and definitely calorie controlled and easy to log. If you really wanted to eliminate the burden of eating and logging you could try them and see how you do.

(If not, you are getting excellent advice on logging above.)
  • kpaing121
    Options
    My job makes it hard too but will try weighing if not I might try the drink I am drink that during the day then is it o my Amazon that’s do it
  • kpaing121
    Options
    Wow it’s pricey for 12 bottles £39
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    kpaing121 wrote: »
    My job makes it hard too but will try weighing if not I might try the drink I am drink that during the day then is it o my Amazon that’s do it

are you bringing a lunch you make at home, or buying a lunch every day?
  • kpaing121
    Options
    I take a Brazil nut biscuit and a apple to work sometimes a banana but usually 2 apples
  • kpaing121
    Options
    I could hide in locker but hard when I’m on duty that’s y I take snacks bits