June 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp Great report and a great race!!! First in your age group is outstanding, especially considering all you have been dealing with.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I think you should all come for a visit and run a race here. Málaga (my nearest city) has an awesome marathon and a couple of halfs, Sevilla is also meant to be really go, so is Valencia which is a little further away but still in the same country!
    I might look into those! I'm thinking I want to (slowly) collect marathons in different countries :)

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile happy belated birthday, I swear my computer doesn't show me all the posts on this thread, I think I read everything but then someone refers to something I haven't noticed. Either that or this perimenopause lark is totally addling my brain!

Pretty sure all of us miss at least some posts, I know I do!

@rheddmobile happy belated birthday!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 8.0 miles
    6/2 – 2.0 miles + lower body PIYO
    6/3 – 5.0 miles + yoga
    6/4 – 1.2 miles TM + upper body PIYO
    6/5 – 5.0 miles + yoga
    6/6 – 1.1 miles TM + PIYO Sweat (20 minutes)
    6/7 – 5.0 miles
    6/8 – 11.25 miles
    6/9 – 1 mile
    6/10 – 4.65 miles
    6/11 – 1.20 miles
    6/12 - 4.64 miles + yoga
    6/13 – 1.61 miles
    6/14 – 1.11 miles + 40 minutes strength training
    6/15 – 3.1 miles + 11 miles hiking
    6/17 – 5.01 miles

@rheddmobile – Happy Belated Birthday! What a great way to enjoy your day!
    @simcon1 – Glad you got to run in Detroit. The last marathon I did (and probably the last I will ever do) was in Detroit. I don’t think I ever would have chosen to visit Detroit otherwise but I ended up really enjoying the city!
    Congratulations @eleanorhawkins, @katharmonic and @mobycarp on your races. Loved reading all the race reports. (Hope I didn't miss anyone.)
    @lazy_Bones_85 – Yes, I think burnout from running is very normal. Not only is taking a few days off good for your mind, but it’s good for your body as well, especially if you aren’t in the middle of training for a big race. If you are in the middle of a training cycle, try to limit the number of days off and just power through your scheduled runs. Some runs you feel great. Others suck. But you will feel better after powering through them!

Beautiful full moon on this morning’s run. 68F and 98% humidity made it a real sweat fest.