June 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent yeah yeah, I still need to get through this evening's zumba class too! :D:D

All I am seeing is excuses ;)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep - what a beautiful place to hike even if it was too short. I would love to have that view when I go for a run! Enjoy your vacation there!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: »
    01/06 3.13 miles
    02/06 1.37 miles
    06/06 2.11 miles

@Avidkeo - My steak went down the swanny, Monday and Tuesday and even still we had a storm with lots of heavy rain and wind so didn't get out. Yesterday my husband took me for an unexpected dinner and & cos I'd messed up my streak I had no motivation to get a mile in afterwards. But reading ur post this morning I thought hell or high water I'm getting out there this evening, so what if I missed a few day, there's plenty more left in the month!

exercise.png

exercise.png

Went down the swanny?? Lol love it.
    Good on you for keeping motivation, just gotta get back to it! Yesterday I split my 3k into two walks, a 1.7k walk at around 3pm,then straight after dinner, while there was still a bit of light I went and did 1.3.

@eleanorhawkins yay on the run! 11 miles is amazing! Sux about the knee, hopefully it's just temporary. How are the shoes? Not sue a new pair are you? I've done 500k in mine. They are still holding up ok but I know I'll need another pair in the next month or so. Waiting on them to wing over from the states!

Over night the wind was awful. It woke me up a couple of times sounding like it was going to lift the house up! At 520 when my alarm I was tempted to stay in bed but I wanted to come here and tell you all a how bad *kitten* I am going out, doing 5k while dodging mini tornadoes. Not to be. I hit a calm in the storm. It rained about 1 minute at the beginning ofy run, then stopped. Slight breeze from time to time, until I got home when it kicked off with heavy rain and wind again.

So I'm kinda bad *kitten* for getting out I guess bahaha.

And I had an amusing thought on my run that @PastorVincent could help with. I want a "get up and embrace the suck" alarm. Fancy doing some voice recording bahaha. Hmmm that does mean waking up to your voice every morning though...
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

@eleanorhawkins yay on the run! 11 miles is amazing! Sux about the knee, hopefully it's just temporary. How are the shoes? Not sue a new pair are you? I've done 500k in mine. They are still holding up ok but I know I'll need another pair in the next month or so. Waiting on them to wing over from the states!

Over night the wind was awful. It woke me up a couple of times sounding like it was going to lift the house up! At 520 when my alarm I was tempted to stay in bed but I wanted to come here and tell you all a how bad *kitten* I am going out, doing 5k while dodging mini tornadoes. Not to be. I hit a calm in the storm. It rained about 1 minute at the beginning ofy run, then stopped. Slight breeze from time to time, until I got home when it kicked off with heavy rain and wind again.

And I had an amusing thought on my run that @PastorVincent could help with. I want a "get up and embrace the suck" alarm. Fancy doing some voice recording bahaha. Hmmm that does mean waking up to your voice every morning though...

@Avidkeo ha! kilometres, not miles. Shoes, I have wondered about shoes but it shouldn't be... I have 2 pairs I rotate, they've both been in use since September so quite a few months but I've only run around 750km so less than 400km on each pair. I was intending to get new ones in the July sales, but guess it might be time to start looking for a new pair and seeing if that makes a difference.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

@Avidkeo ha! kilometres, not miles. Shoes, I have wondered about shoes but it shouldn't be... I have 2 pairs I rotate, they've both been in use since September so quite a few months but I've only run around 750km so less than 400km on each pair. I was intending to get new ones in the July sales, but guess it might be time to start looking for a new pair and seeing if that makes a difference.

Oops, well even 11km is AWESOME!!! and the shoes might be a red herring. I just automatically jump to shoes because for me, sore knees is my queue for a new pair. My current pair are holding up really well atm! last one only lasted 500k before I HAD to get a new pair.