June 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I set up a team for us on the Global Running page if anyone wants to join in - MFP Running Challenge is the team name!

Thanks! I joined the team!
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Global running day today!! I did an 8k run this morning in billowing wind that pushed me sideways a couple of times! Entertaining it was!

So are you guys doing anything to represent global running day?

PS I did not know this was a thing till everyone was going on about it but was kinda fun!

me too! just joined and pledged :smiley:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I set up a team for us on the Global Running page if anyone wants to join in - MFP Running Challenge is the team name!

oooo... if I get to run today, I will join!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @Teresa502 I don't know how @MobyCarp does his bananas, but I peel bananas and freeze them. If they are big I break them in half before freezing. Then take them out and allow just enough time for them to be soft enough to bite. They are so good that way and I never have to throw away bananas that have gone bad anymore.

I also have several stored bananas in my freezer, but I mostly use them for baking. Anytime one turns the corner to overripe, I pop it in the freezer still in the peel. Then I have wonderfully sweet ripe bananas for baked goods instead of the super green ones you always see in the store.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

I just added a half mile to my lunch run that I could pledge to MFP - since I had already pledged my 3 to my local running group :D
  • PastorVincent
    Options

I just added a half mile to my lunch run that I could pledge to MFP - since I had already pledged my 3 to my local running group :D

Oh, come on! Go run another 1/2 at least! :lol:
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Well I joined and pledged the 8k I did yesterday. Have to try remember in advance next year!

It's absolutely appalling weather today. Its torrential rain and windy beyond belief. We had tornadoes about an hr away from where I live yesterday (rare in NZ).

It's a running rest day so I slept in, but I need to do a 3k walk today for my June streak... Not sure how I'm going to get it in. Our gym doesn't have a treadmill anymore but it does have a elliptical trainer... Or I might just go out after work. Will see what happens.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the banana info @kgirlhart and @martaindale. I’ve mashed them for use later in baking but never frozen them in solid form. I usually only buy one or two at a time because I can’t stand for them to be overly ripe!

@shanaber – I made a pledge too. Thanks for setting that up!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Just saw this on the site of a trail race I was looking at and I'm dying :D

k9ztv2bmn376.png
    Hahahahahaha!
  • Butterchop
    Butterchop Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Thanks for setting up the MFP team for Global Running Day. I joined and pledged, after I ran. Is that cheating?

I think it's fine mainly because I did the same thing lol.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Butterchop wrote: »
    @shanaber Thanks for setting up the MFP team for Global Running Day. I joined and pledged, after I ran. Is that cheating?

@quilteryoyo and @Butterchop
    I don't think it matters at all - you got out and moved and that is what it is all about anyway!
  • PastorVincent
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Just saw this on the site of a trail race I was looking at and I'm dying :D

k9ztv2bmn376.png

Seems very reasonable. Which race?
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Butterchop wrote: »

Same ;) I pledged 11 miles right after I ran it. That way I know I make my pledge! LOL