June 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on the race! Awesome job!
    Tramboman wrote: »
    noblsheep wrote: »
    0614-5k total-23.5k, goal-80k

Not doing very well in keeping up with plan or thread. Is summer over yet?

I don't think it's even started...

Depends on what country you go by. In the USA the first day of summer is June 21, but some other countries use different days:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/30/first-day-summer-2019-uk-9738658/

If you're in the UK it is rumoured to start at some point in July or August and last approximately 45 minutes, during which 16 hosepipe bans will be enforced and 784 people will need treatment for heatstroke. Foreigners will be forced to remove a layer.

also, I just lol'd at my desk and I needed a laugh so thank you for this! :D
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I had a coworker tell me she and her husband saw me running yesterday.
    I told her at that point I was debating to turn and go home for water or keep going. She said, "Yeah you were going really slow." Thanks! 🤨
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    I had a coworker tell me she and her husband saw me running yesterday.
    I told her at that point I was debating to turn and go home for water or keep going. She said, "Yeah you were going really slow." Thanks! 🤨

I hate that. Why is it your friends always catch you on a tough running day?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Was coming down from my post-race high following a slow, stiff and awkward morning run. Legs spent most of it arguing about which one was meant to go first... was it left, right, left or right, left, right? Definitely wasn't supposed to be both at the same time! Also miscalculated and ended up finishing a good mile from home, by the time I got back I wasn't feeling to good.
    But look what was waiting for me in my email..... a race photo that was not only free but also the first one I haven't absolutely hated!!!
    s5h24eqmafei.jpg

June goal: 75km. Run so far: 49.89km

You got a floaty picture!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Nike is finally realizing that not all of us athletic wearers are a size 2!

"The athletic wear giant debuted curvy mannequins this week on the new women’s floor at its flagship store in London to showcase figures of all shapes and sizes. The women’s floor in its Oxford Street store features a plus-size mannequin front and center dressed in a black sports bra and matching leggings with her hands stretching above her head."
    https://marketwatch.com/story/nike-becomes-latest-retailer-to-add-plus-size-mannequins-2019-06-07

This link would be a good time to remind everyone, that on the internet - in general, do not read the comments. I am sure these will degrade quickly. :neutral:
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well, I am late to the game this month.

The last two months, I've been able to get 110 miles, so I'd like to set my first goal to 110 miles and my stretch goal at 120 miles. Marathon training is in full swing; I gotta get on the ball.

June 1 - 6 miles
    June 2 - 10 miles
    June 4 - 3 miles

19 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 91miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 101 miles

June 5 - 3 miles of speed work

22 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 88 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 98 miles

June 6 - 7 miles after work to help clear my head

29 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 81 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 91 miles

June 8 - 3.1 miles (5K with hubby, he got a new PR)
    June 9 - 14 miles

46.1 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 63.9 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 73.9 miles

June 11 - 4 miles
    June 12 - 6.2 miles

56.3 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 53.7 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 63.7 miles

March 14 - 7.11 miles

63.41 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 46.59 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 56.59 miles

Oh my...I think I'm overly tired. March 14 should be June 14.

June 15 - 6.14 miles
    June 16 - 8.15 miles

77.7 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 32.30 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 42.30 miles

June 18 - 6.32 miles

84.02 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 25.98 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 35.98 miles
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Was coming down from my post-race high following a slow, stiff and awkward morning run. Legs spent most of it arguing about which one was meant to go first... was it left, right, left or right, left, right? Definitely wasn't supposed to be both at the same time! Also miscalculated and ended up finishing a good mile from home, by the time I got back I wasn't feeling to good.
    But look what was waiting for me in my email..... a race photo that was not only free but also the first one I haven't absolutely hated!!!
    s5h24eqmafei.jpg

Nice! I have those same shorts - pretty much my go-to for long runs and races now. They are so comfortable!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    s5h24eqmafei.jpg

You got a floaty picture!

Not any old floaty picture either, a FREE floaty picture!!!

...and a bad*kitten* floaty picture to boot!!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    6-1 7.5k slow
    6-2 11k easy
    6-3 rest
    6-4 7k moderate
    6-5 7k easy
    6-6 rest
    6-7 7k slow
    6-8 9k slow
    6-9 7k easy
    6-10 rest
    6-11 7k intervals
    6-12 7k moderate
    6-13 rest
    6-14 7k easy
    6-15 7k moderate
    6-16 9k slow
    6-17 rest
    6-18 7k intervals

June Total: 99.5k
    June Goal: 150k

January Total: 131k
    February Total: 159.5k
    March Total: 183k
    April Total: 126k
    May Total: 128k

Monthly average: 145.5k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k.
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen

Cloudy, mid-60s F and humid today. Intervals started off fairly well, but I faded a little toward the end. Guess that's why I need to do interval training.

2019 Races:

4-13 Shine the Light 5K - 31:12 chip time; First Place male 65 and older
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K
    7-27 Solon Home Days 5K
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    s5h24eqmafei.jpg

Nice! I have those same shorts - pretty much my go-to for long runs and races now. They are so comfortable!

They're good aren't they. Cheap and comfy. They're also the reason I have strange tan marks across the middle of my thighs lol