June 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Like Ketchup on hotdogs. ;)

Ketchup on hotdogs is an abomination unto the world :s:D #sorrynotsorry

GOOO MUUUUSSSSTAAAAARD!! and relish or kraut!
  • Elise4270
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Squish815 wrote: »
    I'm finding it relatively easy to get back in to a running/gym routine, but less easy to remember to check/post on the forum!

The only downside has been my Strava app playing up on my last 2 runs outside. It could be the GPS dropping out but I've run the same route many times without issues. Looks fine when I hit the 'finish' button then I get a completely different set of data - It's making it difficult to keep track of miles/pace. I might have to switch to a new app just to make my life easier.

Do you close the app during your run? I found it pauses the gps. And if your phone has a setting where it times out and closes apps could be an issue. If not like @shanaber said, sent them a report. Good luck!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    I would like to redesign the app to remove/ change the Done button so it will post my replies if I'm in the middle of one.

@PastorVincent I thought we were saying basically the same thing, with a different perspective or I would not have tagged you in my previous post. Thanks for being clear on your opinion. I disagree with some of your response but that's just my opinion.

Cross training for 30 minutes on the indoor bike done. Hopefully I can fit in yoga later.

I agree with the PRINCIPLE of the chart and would have liked to have quoted it, but the values are too optimistic and not at all suited to most runners. But I am not a trained coach, nor doctor and my opinion is based solely on my experience and the experiences of those I interact with or follow.

Running is a highly personalized sport so values always need to be fuzzy at best anyways :) It is all good. Not everyone agrees with me on all things. Like Ketchup on hotdogs. ;)

For what it’s worth I also think the chart is overly optimistic. It seems accurate at the lower temperatures, but not at the high end - high humidity and 100 degrees is just unsafe for runners who aren’t used to it, and takes way more than 10% off my times compared to 50 degrees and low humidity.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic WOOO you can do pull-ups now!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs themselves are yuck enough without adding ketchup to the mix... after which, it may not be safe for human consumption.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,973 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I think that is one that I have looked at before. You took some really awesome pictures with it. Thanks for the information.

@polskagirl01 Why would basketball player be the first thing that came to his mind when he saw you running? That's not the first thing I think of. Maybe I'm weird. Looks like you have some pretty scenery, despite the buzzards.

@shanaber That is so cool that your hawks are back. What kind are they?

@katharmonic Yeah! Congratulations on doing an unassisted pull-up. You've been working hard for that!!

@kgirlhart Love the new shoes! Sounds like you had a great run today.

I got home from work early today, so did a one mile walk and then spent 2 hours mowing the lawn. Plenty of exercise for me today.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Love the bike! Beware of the fella. I’m always afraid they are “basement” types that strike up random conversations.

@MobyCarp Cats and pills don’t go well. My males are quick to put every claw in to you. But one will actually take capsules if you just put them on his plate. We are doing 2 liquid antibiotics twice a day... better than a pill that’s for sure. Hope your kitty is back to normal soon. Our females tend to hold grudges, so... maybe a special treat? New toy? She’s a pretty kitty!

I sure miss running with everyone...
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic - not sure how I missed this but Huge Congratulations!! I still cannot do one.
    @MobyCarp - beautiful kitty!
    @polskagirl01 - love the bike!
    @quilteryoyo - we have red tails and sharp shinned. The nesting hawks are sharp shinned. Apparently it is unusual to nest in a urban/suburban area. They are much more common along the river where I run but I have never seen a nest there.

Back to the hot dog discussion... just in time for the 4th of July! I love the all beef dogs bbq'd crispy on the outside (same for a brat) with some good mustard and onions. I also like them with sauerkraut. My DH eats them with ketchup only...

No run for me today. It was strength training day and the trainer left me with shaky, quivering muscles. That hasn't happened in a long while. I have a feeling I will be sore again tomorrow. I won't have a chance to run tomorrow morning but I hope to at least get out for a walk in the afternoon or evening then running Saturday and Sunday.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,973 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Sorry you are all feeling poorly. Hope you get to feeling better quickly.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well, I am late to the game this month.

The last two months, I've been able to get 110 miles, so I'd like to set my first goal to 110 miles and my stretch goal at 120 miles. Marathon training is in full swing; I gotta get on the ball.

June 1 - 6 miles
    June 2 - 10 miles
    June 4 - 3 miles

19 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 91miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 101 miles

June 5 - 3 miles of speed work

22 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 88 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 98 miles

June 6 - 7 miles after work to help clear my head

29 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 81 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 91 miles

June 8 - 3.1 miles (5K with hubby, he got a new PR)
    June 9 - 14 miles

46.1 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 63.9 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 73.9 miles

June 11 - 4 miles
    June 12 - 6.2 miles

56.3 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 53.7 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 63.7 miles

March 14 - 7.11 miles

63.41 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 46.59 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 56.59 miles

Oh my...I think I'm overly tired. March 14 should be June 14.

June 15 - 6.14 miles
    June 16 - 8.15 miles

77.7 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 32.30 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 42.30 miles

June 18 - 6.32 miles

84.02 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 25.98 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 35.98 miles

June 19 - 6 track miles (I hate the indoor track sometimes, but gotta do what you gotta do).

90.02 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 19.98 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 29.98 miles

June 20 - 3.14 miles
    June 21 - Rest Day
    June 22 - 4.12 miles

97.28 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 12.72 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 22.72 miles

June 23 - 10 miles

107.28 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 2.72 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 12.72 miles

June 25 - 4 miles
    June 26 - 3.19 miles

114.47 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - Check :smile:
    Miles until Goal #2 - 5.53 miles

June 28 - 4 miles

118.47 miles for June

1.53 miles until goal #2 of 120 miles for June.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @katharmonic - not sure how I missed this but Huge Congratulations!! I still cannot do one.

Missed this too! Back when I had access to a full gym, I was trying to get to that point also, never did though.

Congrats! That is very impressive.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Sorry you are all feeling poorly. Hope you get to feeling better quickly.

This, but also cool that you got a sitter so you can get out in the clean air away from all those mean germs!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Today's long run was the last run of the month for me, as I've jiggled my schedule about a bit to allow for our trip to Madrid and that concert I haven't mentioned I'm going to for at least 5 minutes :-)
    Got up at 6am, thinking 7-9 wouldn't be as unbearably hot as later in the morning. I also had the bright idea of freezing my water bottles last night. Great in theory, and it was nice to have cold water. Not so great when you get to listen to the most annoying sound ever of ice bouncing about and hitting the sides of the bottles for what felt like forever. Got me a few funny looks too, but I'm kind of over worrying about getting funny looks now lol. Amazing how many other crazy people are out walking and running at that time of day, too. At least you could just about cut a path between the zombie tourists.
    Think I'll be heading for the river trail for my long runs for the rest of the summer though. Today I decided to stick to the sea front because I was trying out my first gel (isotonic energy thingy) and as I wasn't sure what my stomach would have to say about that I reckoned it was safer to stick to an area where bathrooms were readily available. Didn't actually need them, no real issues with the gel at all. Good to know as I'm down to my last 5 or 6 jelly babies!
    Was supposed to do 7 miles today, ended up doing 12.1km which puts me at 84.83km for the month. How annoying is that 0.83? I might have to run round the lounge a few times to stop that bugging me. Still, goal was 75km so happy with that. Time to start thinking about July.

You are going to a concert? I had not heard this* Who? Hootie and the blowfish maybe?
    ;)

*at least not yet this morning lol