WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @grandmallie sorry yesterday was so bad and glad also they are usually better. I haven't followed why will you be demoted and have hours cut? is that legal? they can just do whatever they want with no justification? you seem to have the right words to give appetite.

@klanders30 keen is an unusual word. what is that about ? social is nice. great job on the grace confidence and positivity, and embracing change ! yes I've had receipts fade too.

@barbiecat Interesting about jeopardy. I have never watched it. so I looked it up on youtube for this guy on a roll. it's impressive to know so much about so many things.

it's in low 80s, not extremely humid, I like it alright. summer weather feels like good times to me.

once I got my 4 pages done today I kind of zoned out to some degree. went for walk to café, got a coffee and to pick up a couple of things. I was hankering for pastries so bought a store bought fruit salad. I NEVER do that. it wasn't worth it. too pricey and to high calories for what it is and not as fresh as just fruit. plus they put some cheap orange and apple slices in the bottom: sneaky. I bought a veggie salad too. I can save it for tomorrow I guess as I'm already 88 calories over today and I've been up as of late.

my tiny friend D (shorter than me but similar weight at present - usually I'm a little lighter but this past year or so as she rightly commented - she had never seen me with a belly before ) was surprised when I told her I have to have 1100 net to lose slowly, but she didn't doubt it. she's long struggled to lose or even to keep from gaining.

super-challenging ! not out of the woods.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yes Terri Tejas Spanish is Texas lol sorry I slipped out of English a minute.Got a Spaniard last name .

Yes hand full at my age everyone has grandkids yet My Daughter in the Navy (20’s no plan on marriage or kids yet )
    Son 2yrs old he’s a picky eating hyper cuddle bug. Potty Training

Between them was 2 losses so see my survivors as my miracles. Raised her as an only child now can do the same for him even tho he has a sister but she’s not in the home she’s on a ship talking over a iPhone video screen lol. 1 on 1 time easier this far apart but chasing a running streaker is not lol.

Sincerely Amber Texas.
    Oh my Roses looking good this year.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Prayers going up for all of you facing the raging rivers in the middle section of the country.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Machka – so I liked the idea of emergency numbers in a list on the fridge that I did it here… So after you wean yourself and DH off the list I guess you should come to CA and get me off it too… What a stupid request!

As for my calendar if I don’t have it I could completely melt down… I made a mammogram appointment and the first one they have is in October no possible way I would remember that without it on the calendar!

Rebecca – great !!! I’m so glad you’ll meet your granddaughter

Rita – you’ve done great

Terri – “
    @kevrit 👍🏻 Good goals! I hope you get that bowel issue sorted. My bathers are still okay, but I reckon I may need a new cossie soon, as they are on the verge of loose.” so I got caught by 2 words in your post – bather and cossie tried to look them up and both seem to mean what we would call a swim suit/bathing suit…. But then the sentence doesn’t make sense… so I’m guessing the American – Irish dictionary is wrong.

Katla - I have been wondering if CBD would help Levi with the anxiety he suffers with, most of the time all is fine, but loud noises (fireworks) and other animals wind him up - I live in an area with a lot of illegal fireworks, and not just on 4th of July (US independence day) but also for other cultural holidays. CBD for humans is under studied, and even less for our pets…

Heather – so glad you are finding new things you are liking about living in Hove… I am always surprised to remember that you don’t have screens on your windows. The bugs stay out at my house due to the screens.

Kim from N. California
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    NYKaren - Keen is cool! reminds me of younger days when I was keen of all sorts of things.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rori. No words. (((hugs))) and (((hugs))) and (((hugs)))
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Hugs from me to <3Rori Take it one step at a time, even if DH has had a bad week, it is important to line up more support and care for the future. Stay rested yourself as best you can. (((( <3 ))))
    NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Oh Rori- Bless you dear friend .. I see dementia every day and to be the spouse of someone slipping away mind wise is just so darn hard to watch.. I will keep both of you dear dears in my prayers. Xoxox..
    I am sitting waiting for DFIL and the poor lady at next table crying ,so sad to watch.. old age and what comes with it is cruel cruel beast..
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hate Dementia too Rori my father has had that plus a work related brain injury for years seeing them say cat when their reaching for the spoon is hard. Took care of a mother-in-law with it too she ran out of the house if I was giving my then 4yr old daughter a bath (now 20) she would be in her birthday suit. Hoping you have some sort of support it’s hard to get sometimes. Do you have Hospice Care y meals on wheels they were helpful.
    Sincerely Amber Texas
    Think I’ll stick with Amber Texas many can’t pronounce my last name unless their Hispanic ..my son goes by JR writing his full name would eat up a page lol.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Sending love Rori <3<3<3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    <3Rori, How difficult for both of you.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Local churches sometimes help too even if it’s sending some folks out to cut a yard it helps.
    Amber Texas