WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Going to go to the gym and try to do the elliptical for a few minutes. I have tried twice now and could only do it for a minute before my heart rate got up to 130. Can't understand what I am doing wrong. Have been able to walk on the treadmill and use the stationary bike for 10 minutes each.

Carol in GA

The elliptical moves all four limbs, so I think it gets the heart pumping faster more quickly. (Well, I mean we swing our arms when on the treadmill, but not to the same degree.) I find the elliptical quite difficult to sustain for very long.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla This is my idea of blackout shades:

Karen in Virginia
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Katla This is my idea of blackout shades:

Karen in Virginia

I love that movie so much! We have shades like that in our Skype conference room at work. They aren't completely black out, but they cut all of the glare on the screens. The automation always makes me so happy.

Felicia, easily amused in
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies💖,
    In the downhill slide of my visit here in Vancouver WA. My kids have been such great hosts, and I told my son that he will be so relieved to be on their own after I travel home. He smiled and said yeah..but its been great having you here.
    His mother in law the first month, and me the second month! Can't we just live already. If course her mom really went big wild while she was here! Bought a wetvac to clean up the endless doghair, ( pointless actually). Then she bought all new utensils like a knife set, new spatulas, and stuff because she didn't like the ones they had. She bought them a membership to Costco, and ootles of other stuff. My son was kind of taken aback with all she did in his kitchen. I mean he is the major food prep person, and she never asked to do all she did.

I have been sleeping well, and eating fairly well. Last night we used the huge *kitten* pressure cooker/instant pot to cook the chicken breasts. Put in salsa, taco seasoning, frozen peppers and onions, water and it was wonderful! Its strange the noises that came out of it though, like its gonna blow up! Then in 15 minutes voila! you have chicken done, son shredded it with two forks. I will price a smaller one, (theirs you could cook a whole turkey, it was huge). I think it will help my healthy eating, because you can fix healthy stuff so quickly. There is something weird when you saute', and simmer something all afternoon, then have a bowl and eat it in 10 minutes. You end up eating quicker, not as healthy just because you are lazy. I try to not be that lazy person.

💖Rebecca

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Yay!!! Congrats!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    When I am at the gym, and get done using the weight room I am at about 125 beats per minute. When I walk on the treadmill I average 135-145. When I jog or really hoof it, I am up to 155. I do about 2 high points then get down to 130's. When I have about 5 minutes left on the machine I get down to 115/120. Then go sit in the sauna for 10/15 minutes. The end.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited June 2019
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Lovely pics Rebecca :D:D

Kate UK <3

Me too! So cute!

☘️ Terri
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Amber- have you tried eating what you love to eat just enjoy the serving size and log everything. I do mostly Keto but I have my donut and Coke days. I found that really restricting what I love to eat only makes me want it more than the slippery slope happens...
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Sharon NbBaby- Since Birth Deadly stomach issues -IBSD/ulcerative y microscopic Colitis/ fully inside out uterus (which means lining traps in my abdomen endometriosis in a way) that exploded recently during a post menopause placental abruption Csection massacre birth of JR I’m a late in life mum),plus multi abdominal surgeries to fix the post birth,y going through menopause a 2nd time around so I totally understand stomach issues.

I’m messing around with new ways to cook my favs my stomach hates or to lower calories see if my stomach rejects it or not.
    22minutes Steaming bacon 🥓 then 15minutes baking or air fryer then bam 💥 pat it dry with a paper towel so far no stomach issues if I do all that. I can stomach broccoli but not cabbage 🥬 too easily gas ⛽️ producer. Trick is eating things for my ethnicity y taking all grease out I can. I fry in water a lot with a tab of margarine if needed. Olive oil a tsp or less. Says here Broccoli is 0 calories but I doubt that If I remember right it should be 31-50 per cup when I worked in restaurants. Also finding appliances that turn off after finished I have fog brain forget I’m cooking.
    Amber Tx

Oh yes found out bacon 🥓 can be cooked in a Dehydrator then vacuum sealed in a bag to eat later.Supposed to be less greasy too. Problem is can’t find a reason to buy machine for bacon since Hubby sticks to his Jewish diet y I occasionally eat bacon 🥓 since Mom wasn’t Jewish decent like Dad lol. Mom got me hooked on a bad food oh noooo as 2yr old JR would say.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Took the water class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cathe Friedrich Lower Body Pryramid DVD

Tracey – congratulations on getting the job!

Kim – very proud of you not crying. I know for me that takes work if I feel strongly about something, I will start to cry.

Working on a Diamond Dotz for our bathroom right now. Made one for Colby, Jess, Denise and one for Pete, now making one for us.

Jess told us that she and Colby are going to Idaho next week. I can’t help wondering if Colby isn’t feeling a little bit homesick. When he and Jess first got together, it was years before he went to Idaho. They were there this past Christmas now less than a year later, they’re going back. It’s not like it’s cheap to fly there. I just can’t help wondering if he’s a little homesick, at least for his mother. He’s said many times that there really aren’t a lot of opportunities out there. I just wonder….

Jess called, Colby mentioned how much cheaper it would be if she rented a trailer. Actually, she was thinking about renting two, one for her to pull and one for Vince. I know Vince isn’t crazy at all about this. You have to go over a lot of hills, she doesn’t have a towing package, what would happen if something happens to her car? Towing 1,000 miles puts a strain on the brakes and the engine. He suggested that she rent a truck and tow her car, he’d drive with her, help her unload and then fly home. She didn’t know what Colby was going to do. In a way I would hope he’d fly to Iowa, help Vince unload and then fly home. I don’t know if he will even think of that.

KJ – yea for your son!!!

Renee in Netherlands – I’m on maintenance. It’s really a mix, some on weight loss, some on maintenance.

Janetr OKC – so sorry about your friend and your sister.

Carol – give yourself time. In time it’ll take longer and longer for your HR to get to 130. Pip has a good point. Use a HRM for YOU, those numbers on the machines can be very misleading. Good advice from Lisa

Exercised, stopped at the Salvation Army, came home to have breakfast (forgot to eat when I went to exercise), went to the soup kitchen but she’d forgotten to tell me that they have a group there to serve so I came home, went to Petsmart, then in the pool, getting things ready for a friend to come to dinner

Welcome everyone new. Keep coming back

Rebecca – I tried the IP that I gave Denise, and I’m hooked. I have it on my Christmas list.

JR – one of my slow cookers doesn’t have a timer where it shuts off so what I do is I got a time at WalMart. The kind you plug into the wall and plug your appliance into it. Then I set it for when I want it to come on and go off and it shuts off automatically.

Michele in NC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard from Meg Blair?
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Michele NC- Hubby been looking but he hasn’t found a timer one yet the ones he keeps finding is for turning lights on y off so their am pm types set for the month . Having difficulty finding the timer minutes kind so we can turn it on for a short time.
    Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Tracey congratulations. They are lucky to have you

:)Kim. great job on your interview
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Pip- awww his stuff animal so cute!!! He’s lucky to have such comfort in his last days. My cat died of cancer but lived past 24yrs old we stopped counting after that because it kept going lol maincoon breed. Spoiled cat hid all our pens mom too.Dad y me found them in vents to holes in the carpet even. Good news is since Mom y Cat passed Dad has enough pens 🖊 to last his life y mine y probably the kids too....pens for all!!!

Saw this wish I could go to this restaurant in think it’s Singapore sounds so much fun! They have a eat then pay what you feel/can policy. The foods look delicious 🤤. Yum 😋
    https://youtu.be/55MBhekoicI
    Amber Tx
    Cleaning 🧹 today bleaching so much I can no longer smell so might eat something that I need to get rid of for my last meal of the day.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    ☘️