WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    Hot again today but quiet at the park. Enjoying the rest!

Got my website updated and doing some reading of a book called “undoctored” written by the same heart doctor that wrote “Wheat Belly” by Dr. William Davis. Very interesting and eye opening!
    er]fbc8tbx1acqe.jpeg

RV Rita

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: Thanks for the Wheat Belly information. The titles make me want to explore the contents. DH has been off of wheat for months now and is doing better. I still eat sourdough bread from the store. I eat much less of it now, but once in a while I crave a grilled cheese sandwich. :devil:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    That sounds like as good as you could have hoped for, Kim.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    I was going to do this DVD, or what I thought was a DVD. The gal sent me a CD..grrr. So I did another one she sent Cathe Bi & Tri. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class.

M – that is so true

JR – That expression on JR’s face is priceless

Runlaugheatpie – I don’t think someone on this thread EVER gets to know everyone. I’ve been here a few years and I *still* don’t know everyone. One of the things is that people come and go, situations change. So don’t feel bad if you don’t get to know everyone.

Barbara – so glad Joe is getting things looked at. M – my first thought was kidney stone, too. Possible pneumonia?????

M – I know you love Australia, but I’m so sorry that you can’t go back to Canada for some “family help”

Green Room later today. Then I want to stop at Food Lion on my way home to get a chicken for tomorrow and a few other things. I also want to try making the jelly bars again. This time I’ll melt the jelly before putting it in the oven. The directions don’t say to, but I really think that’s what should be done. Really, this is probably going to be the third time I’ve ever made them and each time I find something that wasn’t in the recipe that should be done. Oh, the couple who is going to host the pool party is going to come over. Her hubby likes to talk to Vince about NASCAR stuff. I think they’re probably the only 2 in Newcomers who are into it.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

day 3 - new schedule TEST 3-
    left hm at 4:22am, got to gym @ 4:39, start treadmill at 4:45am,
    left gym at 5:32am BARELY made train at 5:40am
    got to puyallup at 5:52am, got to work at 6:22am

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.37min, 14.4amph, 122mhr, 1.58mi= didn't recordc
    apple watch- 73c
    TREADMILL jog- 24.25min, 9.57min mi, 5.8-6.3sp, 145mhr, 2.45mi= 246c
    apple watch- 243c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.36min, 19.3amph, 146mhr, 1.47mi= 59c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.47min, 11.7amph, 140mhr,3.06mi= 141c
    apple watch- 112c
    jog sra 2 wrk- 4.46min, 148mhr, 9.03min mi, .52mi= 68c
    apple watch- 60c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.07min, 8.55min mi, 149mhr, .46mi= 67c
    pple watch- 62c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, windy- 18.30min, 8.2amph, 151mhr, 2.54mi= 178c
    apple watch- 139c

total cal 832
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Still here ..just read y go tough day ( severe eczema/KP plus crying equals worse skin issues so today was a hold JR Day)
    No excersice just holding JR he didn’t want to be put down.
    Ordered him pizza 🍕 cause couldn’t put him down. Reheated luckily had premade meal for me so my calories are perfect today! Even for 34cal left but I’m full.Made hubby egg 🥚 y salad 🥗 with microwave broccoli 🥦 while JR in his toy car holding onto my leg 🦵.
    Lotion 🧴 on JR
    Potty time 🚽 well we had a sprinkler accident it went straight up onto me,ceiling,y floor cause he panicked. Was bound to happen when a little one gets tired of sitting slouches. Lysol all purpose cleaner
    A tsp in a bucket of water 💦 easy done.
    Hubby holding him on the bed distracting him so I can get a shower wash the pee off me.
    Watched so much Netflix today while he snuggled that theirs nothing left to catch up on. Fixed what JR messed with on my cell somehow he managed to switch my cousins home phone with her hubby’s cell one. Luckily family member found their work place tech guy (poor young 20yr old lol) dragged him over to fix my cell over the phone y fix their computer as well lol. The young man 👨 just said why don’t you have the 2yr old fix it? “ Well cause he’s not cooperative that’s why! “My cousin said lol said “her IT guys kind of a one man wrecking crew lol”. (2yr old IT tech joke).
    Amber Tx.
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    q1h8ta8ouic3.jpeg
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Shannon in Ontario, anything Mr. Rogers related delights me. I loved both names.

Rebecca, you are being a terrific MIL and DGM! Fixing burritos was a great way to give your DIL a bit of a treat, although it COULD contribute to Athena's gigantic after-bath poop, since it all comes in through the milk. That pudgy little dog makes the funniest meerkat! And Athena is gorgeous, asleep or awake.

Barbara AHMOD, I hope they're right about the pneumonia. A chest image would show that, so that's a good start. Will he drink hot tea or broth? Those will help thin the mucus and get it moving out of his chest. Have lots of tissues handy. It gets messy when that begins.

Kim, you won't haven't hung, but you can always start an IRA, And it will help tax-wise if you get a traditional one. But, a Roth IRA is not tax-deductible but you pay no taxes on it when you take both what you've put in and anything it's earned after retirement. Either way, start saving a bit now if you can.

Machka, sometimes you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. I'm very glad your dear husband seems to have improved enough that you can go to work/class safely. Is there an activity he likes in town enough that he could do that while you have a getaway to a park, movie, or whatever makes you happy? I'm thinking of small group things like a sport or interest group that isn't too large and meets for a few hours once a month. Perhaps an academic or sports or astronomy - something along those lines. Of course I know you also enjoy things like cycling together.

Well, it's possible I've broken my left thumb. They took X-rays today, but there is souch arthritis in the joint that they were inconclusive. I have it in a thumb brace until next Wednesday, which was the nearest available appointment. I may take some of my CBD oil tonight. That will teach me to grab for a cat without watching what I'M doing as well as what THEY'RE doing.

I seem to be plateaued again right around 182#. I'm delighted I'm still losing, but it's so slow! I bought a new bathing suit, but the slack skin pouches hang down from the leg holes! I think I can fix it with a plateau, however. I need to get in to renew my passport and get hepatitis A and B immunizations.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kim You handled your meeting amazingly well, and you gave your boss's boss a way to make partial amends. I do hope she comes through for you. No tears & lunch afterwards bode well for your future relationship with this "higher up". Now let's hope she can give you that extra dollar an hour. It doesn't seem like that much, considering what was promised. I'm glad you have this part behind you.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka in OZ: I have never taken a flight of the length it would take to get from Tasmania to Canada. I hope you’re able to travel in the future. Would Canadian health care be available to you? Could your DH eventually apply for Canadian citizenship?
    Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
    Yes, Machka, I also meant moving back to Canada, where there must be warm support for you. You would have no trouble getting a job, I'm sure. You may not realise it, but I'm struck by how alone you seem. Is your husband's old company not paying comp for the accident? I would have thought there would be a huge insurance payout. Health care in Canada would be an issue clearly, but as an immigrant and married he would eventually be entitled to it.
    Battling on alone with an uncertain future doesn't seem very attractive.

Sending love and hugs. <3
    Heather UK xxxxxxx

Thank you both! :heart:

Yes, my husband is getting Worker's Compensation in the form of regular payments, just as if he were working (except at a slightly lower pay rate than when he was working). They are also covering his accident-related medical bills.

The law here in Tassie is that if a person is on WC, that person has to be available for work-related stuff (interviews, work, etc) 24/7 until they return to their previous positions or one that is comparable. Except for medical issues.

That's all right if you broke your leg and you're laid up in the hospital for a week, and then home for 3 weeks, and then you gradually return to your job. 8 weeks later you're off WC and back to normal life.

But my husband's situation is different. He's been off now for 15 months, will not return to his previous position, and may never be able to obtain a comparable position. For 2 years after the accident, he will continue to be paid as though he were working and must be available 24/7 (as mentioned above).

So until next March, we're stuck here.

After that, they could opt to continue paying him as though he were working etc. until he retires or slightly beyond. Or they could decided to go the settlement route. We don't know what they'll decide yet. So we wait ... and stay here ... and comply with what they say.

But yes, at some point after his retirement, we could move to Canada and are thinking about doing so. My parents may need care by then, so I'd just transition into caring for all three of them!

Fortunately for me, I have a good job with supportive work colleagues who I talk to now and then while at work. I work in health, which helps. And I've got university to distract me and give me a personal goal and a little bit of control over something.

Also fortunately, he's got good medical professionals working with him: doctors, physiotherapist, etc.

Otherwise, it is just one day at a time and I never know what tomorrow is going to bring.

I have been able to simply a few things ...

We get groceries delivered.
    We get our lawns done.
    We occasionally get a housecleaner in.
    We will get our windows done in spring.

But I wish I could find a reasonably priced person to help me tidy, organise, file, scan etc. etc. I'd love to have my home office organised and easy to manage! Once in a while, it would be nice to walk into my house after work and not feel like I need to spend the evening doing something. :)

Machka in Oz
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Checking in! Missed a day and 173 new posts. Wow!

Lanette I cut up zucchini squash and coated them with olive oil spray, then sprinkled garlic salt and pepper on them. Cooked under broiler till brown. Sprinkled with Parmesan. One med zucchini serves 2.

Good night! Catch up tomorrow.
    Dana In Arkansas
  • Machka9
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Kim: Proud of you for representing yourself and putting forward a win-win solution.

Barbara: Sending Joe healing energy.

Matchka: The caregiver meme is so, so, painfully true. I think you are doing a great job getting your DH out for rides, music events and short getaways. I hope every good day you have together feeds your hope for brighter and more fulfilling times ahead.

I submitted an online application for DH to get his VA Health benefits, so waiting on word. He and I have started taking 4oz of tart cherry juice in late evening, and he has been getting to bed at a decent hour and staying asleep much more regularly. When he sleeps well, I notice such a difference in his cognitive abilities and mood. However, I am also in the market for a GPS watch for him. Will have to artfully fib about why he needs to wear it. :#

Speaking of which, it's time to turn in. Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

I notice the same thing with mine ... if he didn't sleep well, it's not good. But if he does sleep well, it's much better.

We've rearranged the bedroom so that I think we're both getting better night's sleeps. Plus my cocoon of silence is helping me. I might have to see if he'd like to try an eye mask too (one part of my cocoon of silence :) ).

M in Oz

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Sorry pics are dark, it was dark!
  • Machka9
    Options
    I had a second interview on Tuesday for the job at the nursing home that is within walking distance. They called me back later that afternoon and offered me the position which I of course, accepted. I started today as my first day. I will work all week next week except Thursday afternoon, and then work sporadically until July 15th when the company for the wedding has gone home. The timing could have been better for this offer, but I couldn't afford to pass up the opportunity.

Tracey in Edmonton

Congratulations!!