WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Prayers please. Joe asked to be taken to hospital as what he thought was back pain just kept getting worse. After taking blood and urine samples they just took him to cat scan “take pictures of his belly” Scared.

{{Hug}}

Kidney stones?
  • Machka9
    Options
    Goal: More than May!!

Saturday, 1 June 2019 … 1.0 km walking + 32.3 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Sunday, 2 June 2019 … 0.0 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Monday, 3 June 2019 … 0.0 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Tuesday, 4 June 2019 … 2.0 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 14 flights of stairs
    Wednesday, 5 June 2019 … 2.7 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 2.5 km rowing + 4 flights of stairs + Pilates
    Thursday, 6 June 2019 … 1.8 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 3.2 km rowing + 14 flights of stairs
    Friday, 7 June 2019 … 5.4 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 3.2 km rowing + 14 flights of stairs

Saturday, 8 June 2019 … 2.8 km walking + 16.6 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Sunday, 9 June 2019 … 0.0 km walking + 27.1 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Monday, 10 June 2019 … 0.8 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Tuesday, 11 June 2019 … 2.6 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 14 flights of stairs
    Wednesday, 12 June 2019 … 1.3 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 6 flights of stairs + Pilates
    Thursday, 13 June 2019 … 4.4 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 4 flights of stairs
    Friday, 14 June 2019 … 0.0 km walking + 7.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs

Saturday, 15 June 2019 … 0.0 km walking + 29.4 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Sunday, 16 June 2019 … 0.0 km walking + 27.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Monday, 17 June 2019 … 2.0 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 14 flights of stairs
    Tuesday, 18 June 2019 … 2.0 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 14 flights of stairs
    Wednesday, 19 June 2019 … 2.5 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 4 flights of stairs + Pilates
    Thursday, 20 June 2019 … 2.5 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 4 flights of stairs

2019 Monthly June
    Walking Distance (km): 33.8
    Walking Time (min): 422.3
    Cycling Distance (km): 139.4
    Cycling Time (min): 467.0
    Flights Stairs Climbed Number: 106.0
    Flights Stairs Climbed Time (min): 84.8
    Rowing Distance (km): 8.9
    Rowing Time (min): 56.0
    Other Distance: 0.0
    Other Time: 90.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 182.1
    Total Distance (miles): 113.1
    Total Time (min): 1120.0
    Total Time (hr): 18:40:01
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    x1. weigh in
    ?2. log all yest
    -3. 30 min exercise yest
    -4. five minutes meditation
    1 5. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count) yest
    ✔️6. At least 15 min cleaning
    -7. At least 5 min day filing
    -8. average 1100 calories net yest

• Overall Feeling : ok
    • Log all : not sure yesterday
    • Exercise :
    • 1100 calories net average : went about 950 over yesterday!
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week: 1?
    •cleaning : 120 min today
    •filing:

Grateful :
    1.papers are slightly more organised for now in living room area
    2. summery weather
    3. several of my colleagues
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Barbara - Sending good thoughts for Joe. <3 He is in the right place.

Machka - With all your huge responsibilities that you shoulder alone, is there any possibility of going back to Canada for family support? If I remember, your husband is Australian. Would that mean he wouldn't get Canadian health care?

I've hidden anything valuable for the cleaner coming this afternoon. My son is backtracking on it being them, but it's a precautionary measure.
    My son "forgot" to ask us to do a whole day's babysitting in July for their 10th wedding anniversary. :#:o:# They want to go to London for the day. Hmmmmmm. Luckily we can do it. They got married on the same day that I married my first husband. This year would have been 49 years. It will be Bea all day and picking up the older ones from school.
    We are happy to do it and I will give him his cash 40th birthday present at last so they can enjoy themselves, but we have also agreed to do the nursery and school pickups the day before, not knowing about this. Oh well. He didn’t tell us about the Elton John concert until almost the last minute either! :grumble:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Barbara~ sending healing prayers....
    Jay still hanging in there but keep the prayers coming..
    I broke down and had a bagel with cream cheese.. I haven't had one and was really craving it.. tons of carbs, but that will be it for awhile..
    working 9:30 5 today...
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @trucker743 Sharon, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @auntiebk sending supportive thoughts your way
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Kim -In my experience, most insurance companies don't offer coverage for people that are part time. The hours required to be full time vary, but often it is 30-32 hours a week. I only work 12ish hours a week and my boss offered me life insurance, the insurance company flat out wouldn't write it. I know they wouldn't because I was the one working with them, it wasn't her just saying that. That said, they should have known that when they made the offer. I think your only option is to ask for an hourly increase to cover what you can like the other ladies suggested. I would ask for more than it will cost to cover your premiums, and then you can "settle" for less and still cover them. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I can only imagine how upsetting it is to have something you want so much dangled in front of you and then taken away. I too cry when I am frustrated.

Hugs!
    Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Barbara - Hope your hub is feeling better soon!

Okie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    P
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Kim - (((HUGS))) I agree, going in with the idea of negotiating for something is a good tactic. I don't know about California, but in WA State I'd be calling the State Labor & Industries Division and run it by them and see if they have any ideas. I bet they get these scenarios a lot.

Barbara AHMOD - pneumonia? He must have had a fever. My money was on a kidney stone. B) Hope the antibiotics are working and Joe is doing better. I give him kudos for wanting to go to the hospital. My DH's usual method of dealing with these medical situations is to get real grouchy, curl up on the couch, deny he's feeling sick/pain, and not talk much except to say "leave me alone!" My reaction is to engage a scene in my head of a virtual cast iron frying pan heading for his hard head.

Nurse Ratched, lol.

Make it a great day, Ladies! <3

Lanette
    Showery and cool SW WA State
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @Machka9 I finally was able to get into app on new smartphone and access weekly settings. it's weird that weekly exists on phone app but not on desk top. I think looking at weekly is much more appropriate and realistic for me.

one good think Is that I've been tracking every days of June

1st week of June 1312 net and not 1100 net goal for very modest weight loss.
    2nd week of June Seems to be on track due to lots of activity on Sunday
    3rd week of June (this week, in progress): 1258 net average due to going way over yesterday.still have the next 3 days to get through, to balance things out (or not) somewhat.
  • Machka9
    Options
    @Machka9 I finally was able to get into app on new smartphone and access weekly settings. it's weird that weekly exists on phone app but not on desk top. I think looking at weekly is much more appropriate and realistic for me.

one good think Is that I've been tracking every days of June

1st week of June 1312 net and not 1100 net goal for very modest weight loss.
    2nd week of June Seems to be on track due to lots of activity on Sunday
    3rd week of June (this week, in progress): 1258 net average due to going way over yesterday.still have the next 3 days to get through, to balance things out (or not) somewhat.

You can kind of see it on the website as well, but not quite as clearly.

Go to Reports (at the top).
    Choose the Net Calories report
    Choose a time period (like 7 days)

You can also select Weekly Digest ... which is something new, I think. I've just discovered it now. :)

gffj6yjgekcf.png

I haven't logged food since June 11 when I got really busy with my studying, so I need to get back into it again.

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

So I am sitting at my desk, feeling hurt, disappointed, betrayed….. I work at a kids camp as the gardener – it’s just 10 hours a week, but I really like the people, have learned a lot and get to eat there and bring vegies that are not perfect home. It is a great side gig to my main gig of owning my own machine embroidery business.

The embroidery business is small, and makes enough but no extras. I have health care via Covered California, but no vision or dental. I have tried all sorts of options for affordable dental care but it just doesn’t exist here. The closest dental school is 40 min drive each way and a cleaning is $65 plus more for xrays. So when the company that runs the camp that I work at changed and the new company came in offered me the same job with a few cents an hour more, dental, vision and a retirement program. I was delighted.

They have been who I have worked for, for 3 weeks now, and they still have not gotten info for insurance, retirement or how to use the online time card program to us. I emailed my boss, he cc’d me and emailed his boss and the head of HR. Forms for retirement program appeared, but not the booklet, nor forms for insurance.

My boss is on 5 days of vacation so I emailed the same group back, thanked them for the forms but asked how I could get the booklet and the insurance forms.

The response from my bosses boss in email was “ I’ll be there tomorrow and can talk with you about this. What I found out was that it requires employees to work 30 hours a week before they are eligible for the plan. I’m so sorry this message got garbled before I got the chance to talk with you. I will be there tomorrow or you can call me tomorrow to go over the information and if I can help find other alternatives for you.”

My response:
    This was offered in my offer letter, and was a huge part of how I made my decision to accept this offer.
    I will be at camp tomorrow morning, and will be happy to talk to you then.

Their response:
    Thanks Kim, yes, I figured this would be a big deal. Thanks for coming by to talk.

My vent to you guys –

“garbled message”? What the ??? you lied. It’s simple you didn’t do your homework, and lied. My offer letter says 10 hours a week, a pay rate and the opportunity to have vision, dental and 403 matching (retirement). This is not a contract but it is setting expectations on both sides.

There have been a few other red flags about how together this company was – and now this. And it appears that the boss has known for some amount of time and just didn’t tell my boss or me… what thought I’d forget? I was looking forward to the tax savings of the retirement program, and to go get my teeth cleaned. I just feel betrayed. And I know me… I am not good in these situations. If I get to flustered, disappointed, my eyes fill with tears, it’s not really sad crying but more like my frustration pouring out of my eyes…. I need to think this through and decide what will make this ok for me. Do I just accept? Ask for something to “make it better”? Or accept for now and find a replacement job and move on.

I can’t tell if this is that none of the benefits are available or if it is just part of them. I do need to verify that when we talk tomorrow. Right now I want to stomp my feet and call the boss a dirty name. Not what I will do…. But I need to go to bed.

Many of you have more experience than I do in these things, while right now my brain is angry, I'd love any insight especially before 7am pdt

Kim from N. California

Kim My advice is to look at this as a fact-finding and problem-solving mission. Don't leap to any conclusions. Assume they are going to make it right and keep aiming for that goal. Expect the outcome you were promised. xoxo Karen in Virginia