WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Connie ~ My husband and I were at Ft knox in 69 til 72.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.33min, 12.6amph, 122mhr, 1.58mi= 58c
    apple watch- 60c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 20min, 118ahr, 128mhr, 84floors, lvl7= 157c
    apple watch- 144c
    Standing core machine- 15.23min, 118ahr, 144mhr, 1st of 10 then standing fast alternate leg crossovers, bounce single leg toe touches, repeat entire thing 5 times= 137c
    apple watch- 120c
    MANUAL TREADMILL- slow jog- 15.25min, 125ahr, 143mhr, 1mi= 142c
    apple watch- 144c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.23min, 16.6amph, 131mhr, 1.48mi= 61c
    apple watch- 43c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.29min, 12.5amph, 146mhr,3.02mi= 143c
    apple watch- 115c
    jog sta 2 mtg- 2.29min, 9.14min mi, 145mhr, .26mi= 41c
    apple watch- 26c
    jog wrk mtg 2 wrk- 3.09min, 155mhr, 8.43min mi, .36mi= 56c
    apple watch- 45c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.28min, 9.32 min mi, 155mhr, .46mi= 56c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.11min, 146mhr, 8.2amph, 2.61mi= 177c
    apple watch-142c

total cal 1028
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Katla – quarterly vet payments – NOT! That’s crazy --- ok as I read more and heard the ideas of it including well visit appointments etc… maybe there is some good…

Machka – love the red/brown color

Rebecca – The pictures are great! Sorry to hear “grandpa” won’t be coming to pick you up and met his darling granddaughter! But you’re going to be the pro on how to make the greyhound connection work.

Lisa – it’s always sad to hear about the childhood trials, but your mom was amazing.

Kim from N. California
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    PS I got asked to make a princess cake for a birthday, Looked it up - other bakers have you made this? I looked at the Great British Baking show's recipe and at Martha Stewart's .... they are very different...It's pretty time consuming and I don't want to have to do it more than twice, a first try and then the final. But starting from a good recipe will help and I have never had this so am not sure what is "true" and what is just the quick version.

thanks Kim
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Connie ~ My husband and I were at Ft knox in 69 til 72.

I have occasionally placed a phlebotomy certification student at Ireland Army hospital. It’s pretty much closed now. The base sends most of their people to Hardin Memorial in Elizabethtown or to the VA in Louisville.

My uncle was buried in the military cemetery in Radcliff. It’s really beautiful.

Connie in very humid, slightly foggy KY
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    The past couple of weeks in my daycare we have been studying science and art. We have done science experiments and created art projects from most of them. Yesterday, I tried a new one with the kids; making egg shell geodes (we studied crystals/rocks yesterday GEOLOGY was the word for the day). Anyway, the geodes were really easy and turned out so beautiful. I will post a pic later, after I do the big reveal for the parents and kids. Other projects we have completed is the walking rainbow, the color changing volcanos, water surface tension (bubbles and bubble painting), how many drops of water will fit on a penny. Today we will be studying science terminology (chemical reactions, catalysts, exothermic reactions, gas, and pressure). We will be making unicorn toothpaste and taking prints of the "outcome" on paper. We will also be making color explosions on a large piece of paper outside using sandwich baggie "color bombs".
    KJ (Kelly)

Sounds like fun!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Heather UK, i can get extremely irritable if I’m trying to follow a complex train of thought, whether it be a tax problem or a bus schedule and someone interrupts me. I think it’s because I’m afraid I’ll have to start over from the beginning of the process again. If the interrupting conversation is of much length, I will. If I’m close - or think I’m close - to a resolution of the problem, I’ve even heard myself snap “Not now!” quite sharply. The more intense the concentration needed, the sharper I can get, I’m afraid. My adult daughters don’t suffer this gracefully. I try to remember to say “Give me a moment, please!”, but I’ve been known to fail at that.

Sharon Near Seattle

Me too! :)

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Just had the news from my brother that I am a great, great aunt. :drinker: My first!
    Poor great niece had a horrible time with pre-eclampsia, early induction and then, eventually, a cesarean. :o But mother and baby girl are well. I will pop a card in the post this afternoon. No one likes her useless boyfriend and they are living with her parents, so not ideal, but I'm sure they will pull through.

Expecting my food delivery any moment this morning. They charge you for plastic bags, which they refund when you give them back. They charge you for delivery, which I was told would be refunded, so I'm looking out for that. I am on their case!

Our recycling wasn't collected yesterday. There was a union ballot about a trash collection strike, so I guess that got in the way. I have reported it. There's not supposed to be a strike yet. Our bin is full to the brim!

CONGRATULATIONS Kate UK! :flowerforyou: That is a LONG marriage! :D<3

Lisa - I know just how you are feeling! :(;):/ What a waste of your valuable time.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx