WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    RunLaughEatPie, join us now! Just give us a name you’d prefer to be called and your area so we can tell similar names apart!

My name is Renée and I live in the Netherlands (Arnhem, east side of the country bordering Germany) so I also talk in metric :smile:

As a Canadian-Australian ... so do I!

Welcome here!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    My son's ship has arrived officially in Brisbane Australia! Happy for him, hope he takes a bunch of tours, but missing him fiercely! Rebecca

How long is he in Australia for?

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,128 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Sue: So sorry. Hugs and prayers.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Miss Kelly please come to our house and teach us to play science and art!

Welcome @runlaugheatpie don't wait 'til next month, stick with us now, start where you are. Welcome!
    pip :love: the scooter and sidecar with golden. Love your long hair too!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Meditate 8/30, knee exercises 9/30, 60 g protein 16/30, vits+rx 15/30, play with Tumble 6/30, AF 16/30, steps: 5144
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for June might be equilibrium.

that's an old pic.. I am posting a photo a day of different winkle pics. that's when I first got that scooter when I had long hair and more weight. still have the scooter, I just don't drive it anymore since I started being a year round rider tho.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :) Decades ago there was a brief push for the US to use metric measurements, so teachers in my district got some training to help us prepare for the change. What I remember from the training was that living with the system was better than just using conversion charts. I started then to set my household thermometers to C rather than F. It annoys Jake to see the temperature and not know what it means. I can't convert in my head but I know that when it's 12 degrees in the morning, I need to add an extra layer to what I'm wearing and by the time it gets to to 21 degrees I won't need a jacket.

:)Kate, congrats on your anniversary.

:) I was awakened early by Sasha but I didn't get dressed and out fast enough to prevent Bessie from throwing up on the carpet. Now that we've walked and eaten breakfast, I have a few extra minutes before I meet my friend who walks with the dogs and me.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    In the UK we seem to live with both metric and imperial. Beer is in pints. Petrol is in litres. Heights, weights come in both, though us older folk are attached to our stones. Cookbooks are usually written in both. Weather is in Celsius but they always translate it to Fahrenheit. I think in the old system, but I can easily translate the new, apart from measurements for clothes. ;)

Just back from my run. Hard going. We were worked really hard last night at the Shim Sham lesson!!! Phew! Still, I got out there for 5k.
    The thunderstorms last night were spectacular, but just missed us. I could see them flashing away in the east almost continuously. Could just hear them.

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Macha- Same here was born taking care of I’ll Mom the minute I could figure out how. Classes on how to take care of her from the state when I couldn’t even tie my shoes. Then Dads injuries making his medical license useless only could preach y do pastoral counseling/ jobs that were repetitive with understanding bosses until he couldn’t do anything but once a year or two fill in for other preachers free so they can get medical care. I also got confused when asked how I was doing- CAREGIVER mode Dad called it. Caregiver lifespans can be lessened too from lack of care for themselves so take help when it’s offered just like a new mom it’s taxing on the mind cause sleep your not doing anything but worrying.Just do your best to take a moment for yourself even if it’s resting in a dark corner at physical therapy just tell them you need it the good ones understand.
    Amber Tx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I'm so pleased as I am back down to my lowest post bariatric surgery weight for a total 125# weight loss. I've decided to go for an additional 10 pounds which would take me to the lowest I've reached in my adult life. I stayed at that lowest weight for about five minutes I think. :)

We have two more grandsons getting married, one in July and one in December. Hard to keep up with, but I love our large family.

Michele, no the pecan tree is not ours, the orchard is between our house and the neighbors house. The neighbors have 11 acres. Floyd is in his late 70's and Jack helps with maintenance of property and equipment and also the llamas. Floyd and Jack have been best friends for over 40 years.

Love you my friends.
    Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Sue- I’m sorry to hear about your Husband <3 (((Hugs)))
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited June 2019
    Options
    OW-195
    CW-168 loss of 27lbs

Brunch 10am 🥗 eating light 💡
    4oz unsweetened apple juice (naturally sweet) ,water , steamed natural tilapia pepper y sliced cucumber 100calories,med corn Cobb 90cal, spinach with julienne carrots,yellow squash ,1/2tomato off the vine. No butter steamer makes it perfectly! 320calories total

Dinner 4pm - tea ☕️ y probably leftovers
    Night meal 7-8pm use up left over calories.
    Walk in house
    Amber Tx
    JR quesadillas y pizza 🍕 cookie blueberry muffins 🍪 peanut butter crackers water vitamin D drops prune juice who knows what he’ll want ...he’s on a high calorie diet to relevel his weight out growth spurt dropped his weight a few pounds again being hyper he runs calories off like water.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: I suspect that your Friends of the Park page on facebook could keep you very busy. I hope you enjoy it. :star:

Connie: Thank you for clarifying your location. Churchill Downs is an amazing place. Perhaps I’ll get to see it in person on race day someday. Our travel plans to go that far this year. We’ve been taking about going to Illinois to see our daughter toward the end of the summer. It will depend on DH’s health. He’s not doing very well at the moment. I hope the PT helps enough for him to be able to travel. He’s had one appointment and it was good, but it will likely take many appointments to make real progress. :flowerforyou:

Dr. Katie: My gym is also in the next town over. It is a friendly place and I enjoy it. :smiley:

Michelle: My sister in law and brother in law have Silver Sneakers and enjoy the benefits. They have been going to the gym for several years and it has helped them both. We have Silver and Fit through my retirement system and works well with our local gym. :star: My stevia is in a dropper bottle and I dribble in the number of drops that I want. It works well for me. I didn’t like the powdered version of stevia at all, although it can be taken on commercial airlines, & I take the packets with me if I fly. I don’t use an entire packet in one cup of coffee—WAY too sweet. :noway:

Lisa: I hope the day goes well and you have a safe trip home. :star:

Allie: Sending prayers for your friend’s son. :heart:

Heather: Happy Great Aunthood! I’m glad to hear that mother and baby are doing well. :flowerforyou:

Renee from the Netherlands: Welcome!!! :star:

Margaret: I love your practice of being there for a friend in trauma. Not sweating the small stuff is wise. :heart:

DH’s physical therapy appointment went very well. The therapist was highly skilled. She was in our local office filling in for someone. It would be great if she was there for every appointment.

I went to a county parks meeting yesterday and enjoyed the experience. I was there with my horse friends, but the meeting was about a proposed development in a riverside county park. Many things looked good, but they were planning on putting a boat ramp & docks too close to the centerline of the Columbia River. Many ocean going ships go right past there, too close to their proposed boat launch and docks. I spoke up about it.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Going to use my steamer try to make bacon wrapped tilapia this should cook out a lot of oils y fats but flavor the fish will see. IBS / colitis so grease is a foe! Doctors always recommend I cook more with water even when baking to help drain off stuff.
    Amber Tx
    Let’s see how this goes should be 18min to cook bacon 🥓 y 22min tilapia so going 22min let’s see the end results at dinner time.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Katla - I am now a Great Great Aunt. :o:D I managed to get a card in the post this afternoon. My family has a LOT of young children, including two very late arrivals for my niece, so I think she will have enough second hand equipment and clothes. She is also living with her lovely, caring parents in a small house. It was not a planned baby and no one, except her, likes the boyfriend. :o My extended family is HUGE! My lovely brother has a lot on his plate with six children, some procreating, (ten grandchildren), and this the first one of the further generation.
    I must say I'm glad I don't have to contend with all that, other than dipping in as and when I feel like it. It's a full time job. His youngest child is 17. My three grandchildren are quite enough for me!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx