WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    In the UK we seem to live with both metric and imperial. Beer is in pints. Petrol is in litres. Heights, weights come in both, though us older folk are attached to our stones. Cookbooks are usually written in both. Weather is in Celsius but they always translate it to Fahrenheit. I think in the old system, but I can easily translate the new, apart from measurements for clothes. ;)

Just back from my run. Hard going. We were worked really hard last night at the Shim Sham lesson!!! Phew! Still, I got out there for 5k.
    The thunderstorms last night were spectacular, but just missed us. I could see them flashing away in the east almost continuously. Could just hear them.

Love Heather UK XXXXXX

I can use US measure or metric, but I'm a bit more comfortable with metric. All hospital labs use metrics in the US. Everything is measured in milliliters or microliters (I have mechanical pipettes that can measure that small) and temperatures are in Celcius. I have to admit I get confused when I see a refrigerator with a Fahrenheit thermometer and go into a brief panic. The only time I use US measure is when I cook or weigh myself, but it wouldn't bother me if the scale was in kilograms

Going to be hot, steamy and rainy in KY again.

Connie in KY
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Next weekend there is Swing dancing at the bandstand in the early evening. The weekend after that you can go up the i360 pod for free into the sky to dance at the top. It's early in the morning, with follow on dancing at the bottom afterwards.
    I think we will just go to the later, down to earth, one, but here is a pic of the people in the pod last year doing the Shim Sham. I think I would be the bewildered one biting her cheek.!!!! B)

tn6j4vhzx4wy.png

Anyone who is curious, you can see the Shim Sham on YouTube. We spent an exhausting hour going over and over it last night. They play it at every social Swing dance session, which is mainly Lindyhop. I like the Lindyfest 2016 Shim Sham the best.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

P S - This is the i360. I haven't been up it yet!

6dhrtwh18nyq.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You’re lucky to have a large extended family. 🌹
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Michele love love love the princess cakes.

When I went to my voice lesson they were having a funeral. So sad. He was 33 going to work and hit from by a semi when traffic was stalled. He left behind a widow and two small children under 5. Yes that is the big stuff.

:heart: Margaret
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Michele NC - yes got an air fryer posted it yesterday their also on sale right now at Walmart . I’m still learning how to cook everything in it I can but getting better y better from warming tortilla chips to toasted cheese sandwiches so far want to try my hand at frying chicken in the air fryer next. Whole family can’t have grease for many reasons (Daughter Navy weigh ins lol) claims 360* 15-22min to fry a chicken leg. Trying to find recipes since you coat the chicken differently no milk y egg needed ... which is throwing me off a wee bit .So fat the fryer has cut down on grease for a lot of foods! I used to grill my cheese sandwich in 2 Tbls margarine now 1/2 that. Tortilla chips used to do it in olive oil or say oh well 😔 now bam zero oils! French fries no olive oil needed it’s amazing!

Here’s a video to laugh at young girl tries to go by serving sizes only for the day she says I’m going to starve lol . https://youtu.be/hoAYC7iKqoY

Steamer bacon 🥓 cooked on top of tilapia was delicious!!!! 22min To reheat it’s moist enough to put in microwave y pans even air fryer comes out nice again
    Can also put in stove to pan or airfryer to crisp it after

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    omxczguw7msx.jpeg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Fed DFIL his new thing now if refusing to eat for.me and then after I leave he eats.. only thing is when I'm not there he has to have pureed food. I did get mini ravioli in him and his ice cream with meds...but he kept his eyes closed...
    Ran to Aldi and Price Chopper for just a couple of things and then home put away and now relaxing.. I managed a nap this afternoon. Too
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Drkatiebug, what an ideal set-up! I definitely need some weight training for upper body strength. My legs are still pretty powerful excepty injured left hip, which has not come back well after they had to re-attach the gluteus medius muscle at the hip bone. I've had great medigap insurance through a Teamster program, but it isn't a HMO-type program.

BarbieAHMOD, can't wait to hear plant stories! I'm not planting anything this summer, so I'm living vicariously through all you other gardners.

Allie, my heart goes out to that father with teenage sons. It's the worst possible time to Lise a parent. I hope he pulls through to continue his fight for his life.

Rebecca, I hope you get back to the lovely isle of Whidbey soon, where the blessed roar of planes can blank out the most significant part of a phone conversation with 98% reliability. Your son looks quite dapper and I'll bet he'll have a fine time in Brisbane, which I hear is a terrific port city.

Renee in Arnheim, welcome! We are from all over, so getting along in metric, while not oblugatory, is useful. Whether I feel fat in pounds, stones or kilograms, we all sympathize with the feeling. Same thing for celebrating losses!

Oh, Machka! What a trial with your tooth! I need to save up for another appointment soon too. At least I probably won't need a difficult extraction this time, just fillings, which I almost dread worse.

This page won't let me copy, so I'll need to post a second time today. I am not able to select suddenly.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

day 2 - new schedule TEST 2-
    left gym at 5:08am, got on train at 5:15am, got to puyallup station at 5:42am, got to wrk at 6:03am

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.32min, 14.6amph, 122mhr, 1.58mi= 75c
    apple watch- 69c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.50min, 18.2amph, 131mhr, 1.46mi= 60c
    apple watch- 47c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.19min, 12.7amph, 146mhr,3.02mi= 153c
    apple watch- 118c
    jog sra 2 wrk- 5.14min, 155mhr, 9.48min mi, .53mi= 62c
    apple watch- 63c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.19min, 149mhr, .15min mi, .46mi= 83c
    apple watch- 76c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.13min, 146mhr, 7.6amph 2.54mi- 198c
    apple watch- 144c

total cal 631
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My son's ship has arrived officially in Brisbane Australia! Happy for him, hope he takes a bunch of tours, but missing him fiercely! Rebecca

How long is he in Australia for?

M in Oz

His ship is doing some joint exercises with the Australian Navy.👍
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Lanette, I'm amazed at how very tender my sitting bones have become! I have MUCH less padding now, and they let me know it. I have a special Rojo cushion that is designed especially for wheelchair-bound patients so they don't developed sores, and I'm thinking of getting one for my car. An hour's drive can be torture at the end of the day.

KJ (Kelly), your geodes look like so much fun! Do they last! Or does the moisture in the air eventually dissolve them?

Machka, dear, how ARE you doing? A lot of the feelings you express are tied to anxiety, but I'm sure you know that. I hope you're seeking some relief.

Janetr OKC, I always get a warm glow when I hear of long-term friends helping each other! My nearest friends are a couple to many states away, so I don't see them often, but Facebook helps a great deal. However, there's no replacing a hug.

Amber, your little JR is such a little sweetheart! Your live for him shows in every photo you post. The meal looks great too!

Sharon Near Seattle