• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kim - Well done! I hope you get at least some of what you want, but you should be proud of yourself. :flowerforyou:

Tracey - CONGRATULATIONS,! :drinker: You must be so relieved!

My news is that I HAVE LOST 2 lbs !!!!! In one week! !! :D

I know a pound of it is water, but I am still delighted. My middle is definitely feeling a bit less pudgy. :laugh: Now to get off the other 2 lbs. I'm aiming at a pound a week.

Going to make tandoori chicken for dinner. Not too fattening.

Hope to run after lunch, but the sun has come out at last and the forecast is for it to heat up this weekend. I'm not good in the heat, but a sea breeze should help. Plus plenty of suncream.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Tracey ~ Congrats on getting the job! I know you will be an asset to them.

Rebecca ~ So glad you are enjoying Grandma time!

Kim ~ Fingers crossed that your boss is able to accommodate you.

Carol in GA
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Friday!
    Tracey- Eeeeeek! I am so happy and excited for you! It is great that they are willing to work with your wedding schedule for a couple of weeks! lol crazy time for you...wedding and a new job...but how exciting!
    BArbara- Sorry to hear about Joe! Sending hugs, strength and peace for you both!
    New girls- Don't despair of knowing/not knowing everyone on here. Most of us know each other only through our posts and like others have said, lives and circumstances change. Some of us have been able to meet up IRL! That makes a stronger connection and is always fun. As far as keeping up with the posts; most of us do a fair amount of skimming. Some of us take notes. At 52, I try to rely on my memory (and am finding my memory fails me quite often). lol But please, hang out. Comment where you feel moved to do so. Commenting and posting is not even a requirement to be a part of the group. Just read, soak in info, use it to help you...(((hugs)))
    Kim- Well, I think that meeting with your bosses boss went really well! I hope that they can come back with the $1/hour more!
    Rebecca - keep those Athena pics coming!
    Pip- I love the picture a day of Bullwinkle! Such a sweet face!

Oh! I forgot to tell you ladies, my youngest son is, once again, gainfully employed! Yea! He got a job at a company here in Grand Haven. He is making $1/hour more than he was at his last job. He will be driving fork lifts and other heavy machinery. Full time. *sigh of relief*

I have been eating a bit better this week and getting some "intentional" exercising in and this morning I finally feel like I woke up less stiff. I will do a weigh and measure on Monday to see where I am sitting. Kids arriving. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Machka- Oh, those trip pictures! I bet it seems like yesterday! I glanced at the first few, I will take a little more time and go through them this afternoon. Thank you for sharing! What a wonderful trip that must have been! KJ
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    Tracey congratulations!

Kim glad you were able to work it out. The job seems a good fit for you.

:heart: Margaret
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,123 Member
    Options
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    thanks again for all the welcomes. :)
    Is everyone one here on weight loss or are some on maintenance? Just curious.

Renée in the Netherlands
  • Machka9
    Options
    thanks again for all the welcomes. :)
    Is everyone one here on weight loss or are some on maintenance? Just curious.

Renée in the Netherlands

I float between maintenance and weightloss. But then IMO, that's what maintenance is ... gain a little bit of weight. Oops! Lose a little bit of weight. Good. Gain a little bit of weight. Oh dear! Lose a little bit of weight.

Right now I'm gradually going down again.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited June 2019
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Rori, Machka - I hope you can both feel the support that's extended from this group to you and everyone who's caretaking someone they love. You are such strong women, and so glad you're here!

Love y'all,
    Lisa --putt-putting along in the slow lane on the information superhighway in AR

I do. And thank you ... I appreciate you all. :heart:

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- Oh, those trip pictures! I bet it seems like yesterday! I glanced at the first few, I will take a little more time and go through them this afternoon. Thank you for sharing! What a wonderful trip that must have been! KJ

The first page is Hong Kong.
    Pages 2 and half of 3 is Taiwan.
    The rest is Japan.

We were in Hong Kong about 3 days, Taiwan about 6 days, and Japan about 10 days.

And then it was off to the UK.

But I'd love to go back to Taiwan and Japan especially.

M in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Frozen Blackberries a Savealot,Kroger,SamsClub ,y Walmart brand made by a name brand company all 3 types made by the same company having a recall today check your codes before you eat they recalled a week ago but discovered it’s bigger than they thought so oopsie norovirus y Hep A Here’s the Links check the codes https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/living/food-drink/article231805468.htmlhttps://www.fda.gov/food/alerts-advisories-safety-information/public-health-alert-concerning-hepatitis-virus-contamination-kroger-brand-frozen-blackberries-and
    yfv0j3rzk739.jpeg
    https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/alma-pak-voluntarily-recalls-frozen-blackberries-due-possible-health-risk-norovirus
    Tracy congratulations 🎉🍾🎈🎊
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Tracey Congratulations!
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    LISA said: At the moment, I'm just trying to leave out wheat because I feel better when I do, and get back to exercising at least five times a week. Do I want/need to lose weight? Yep, but right now, I'm just trying to get one good habit going at a time. When I try to do everything, I end up throwing up my hands when I fail at one. When I'm only trying to succeed at one or two things, I do better. I'm basically staying steady, weight-wise, but would like to be 30 to 40 pounds lighter.

LISA: That is exactly where I am! :)

JANET: So, so sorry about the bad news you have received. Prayers for you, your friend, and your sister!

Carol in GA