WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    On baby duty today. The kids have friends up from California, so they went to a local mall. My DIL was feeling so guilty, I said just go have fun, I need to get as much Athena time as I can.👍
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Kate - that photo of you and your husband is just adorable! Two cuties. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of you with such a big smile like that. <3

Pip - Wishing a Happy Anniversary to you and Kirby and many, many more. Learning about your strength and resilience with all you've been through in your life has been such an inspiration. Some guardian angel had been looking out for you and I think he materialized as Kirby, don't you think? You two remind me of newlyweds, lol. <3 Maybe you two are the reason "get a room" was coined, lol.

Michele - here's the "Hamstring Rehabilitation" from that website. Some of these are what I'm using: https://www.thephysicaltherapyadvisor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Hamstring-Rehabilitation-Exercises.pdf So nice to do squats again without getting a big old pain searing through my.... sit bones, lol. >:) That piriformis stretch helps a lot... who would have thought? I need to put some air in my exercise ball and work it in as well.

You'll find these on the "Resource Guide" page about halfway down. They have some for Morton's neuroma too... I don't have that but the podiatrist said my foot is close to it, so why not try to head any more damage off at the pass?

Lanette
    SW WA State

Oh that’s sweet of you to say that thank you, that means a lot. This is true, after all that I’ve been through in my life KIRBY is truly an angel that came for me.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    udrgnvf3mi1z.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :)Michele, contact your doctor and tell him/her what happened and ask for assistance getting a replacement pill to last until your prescription is renewed. It's an important medication and if it costs you money to replace the pill you lost, then spend the money. No matter what, you'll need your doctor's help.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    I dont feel.old.. I don't look my age.. other than work. My life is well...
    Fed DFiL and am home and in bed.watching t.v.

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Ended up not having Trentin today; his mom's work shift (client) cancelled. I will still get paid plus I got a day off. Woo hoo! I got my yogurt and food prep for the week going, then my DYS, Colin, asked me to help him get the hard top and doors off his jeep. (Yes, summer has finally come to Grand Haven) We got that done and he asked if I wanted to go for a ride with him! Yahoo! Off we went, took our road straight into town and did the beach circuit, then crossed over the highway and into the "old town" east end area. A new local ice cream place opened last week, so he pulled in and bought me an ice cream. Wonderful! But at the same time BIG MISTAKE! Their portions are HUMONGOUS!! I asked for a small and got about two cups of ice cream. I ate down to the cone (threw the cone and remaining ice cream away). I logged it all. We walked for about an hour down town so that will help with the calorie overload. We are having a vegetarian meal of stuffed mushrooms and stuffed peppers. I am only having the mushrooms, as the I can't have all of the rice that is in the peppers after all of that ice cream. Fair trade, I say. I got a full 1 1/2 with my son, and a windy ride in a jeep! I feel young!
    Pip- Happy Anniversary! OF course I love all pics of you and Sir Kirby! But I love the pic of Bullwinkle and baby Floyd, as well!
    Karen VA OMG! Lump in my throat!

Trentin tomorrow at 3pm, which means I will be doing some yard work before he gets here. Yard work = big calorie burn!

ttfn KJ
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Kim I don’t know if this is too late but I had a job paid by the month, but later the employer found out they were breaking state or federal law. Can’t remember which. So they changed me to hourly wages. But then they found out how much time I was working! So then they reduced my hours. Well I talked to them about it. They agreed to pay me a stipend for my insurance to make up for the difference. I had insurance thru my husband’s job.
    Anyway, that’s an option?
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kelly I know, right? Sweetest Father's Day story.

Dana I second that "Yeah, you!" Way to go!
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I can’t get the edit button to open, so I’ll boldly go here to explain “Yes, I do know how!”
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    1j8jb4p4xqdv.jpeg
  • askrukowski
    askrukowski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with sweets and carb cravings. Any ideas?
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    JR – I just got Chilly Cow ice pops for 110 calories each. I know that WalMart carries Chilly Cow in cups, don’t remember the calorie count on them, as I recall it wasn’t real bad. I very seldom get food from Sams only because you have to get such a large quantity and I know that we’d never use it before it went bad. Plus, I don’t have anywhere to store that much. I don’t like keeping things in the freezer for months on end.

Katla – I did read in the paperwork that there is a once monthly version of aldronate available. Don’t know how effective that is. I think I’d go crazy with the once/day one. Once/week is a pain for me. I really wish insurance would pay for the Prolia again, that was so much more convenient. Once every 6 months, and you can just forget it until 6 months later. Only now they won’t cover it for me. I usually take the once/week one on Sundays and then exercise for an hour. I just do exercises where I’m only sitting or standing, like walking DVD’s or riding the recumbent bike.

Lanette – the only hamstring exercise I don’t do is the one on the foam roller. Wish I could think of a way to do it while I’m watching TV or doing some sort of other activity.

Rebecca – I was very surprised at how good the yogurt came out in the IP. To me, the only downside was that it took 8 hours to make. I just didn’t realize that it took that long. But once you know, you can allot for the time. Rice came out wonderful. The only thing was that I needed to make a decent size batch. But then again, I can always freeze it in individual servings, so that’s not going to be a problem

Barbie – that’s what I’m going to do at my annual visit. Until then, I’ll use the prescription that Aetna sends me. I can make do until I go to see him, but I’m planning to talk to him and see if he wouldn’t even make a prescription for 2 pills. We shall see. If it means I pay for 4, that’s only $10 so I don’t think we’ll die. Fortunately, this isn’t life threatening medication.

Sharon – (((HUGS))) How wonderful that you got that bike ride in!

Ask – when I got the sugar cravings a while ago, what I would do is take a sip of vinegar. That squelched them.

Went out by the pool and read. Been doing that a lot lately.

Dana – big congrats. Doesn’t a size smaller feel so so good?

Michele in NC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    n5w4lkdpvroe.jpeg
    Sharon Seattle- Don’t worry about the dark print we know your in a cast the button are hard enough for all of us without a brace on let alone with one immobiling your main typing ones. Just worry about healing up. Did they give an estimated healing time?

Askrukowski- I went through my pantry were slowly replacing our cravings with better versions of them y keeping more healthy options in the fridge too like corn on the cob to zucchini.

Michele NC- We use a certain Walmart we go out of our way to get there because less trashy people walking around to crime...problem is there bad at keeping the shelves stocked since their popular. We looked at all the ones they had in stock now wasn’t any 110 at the moment but they’ll have it in on one of our trips sooner or later we can grab a few boxes or more if it to hold us off.Hoping they get their popchips in been trying to get a bag to try for a few 54a2xrnlfdrn.jpeg
    akxwt4tosav8.jpeg
    months now.
    Amber Tx