WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    soooooo tired again. it's 83° at 6:30 pm. big heat wave expected for Monday seems to be here today.

had hayfever. need to wash hair and rest. it makes me so tired.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I think I feel my age. I get so tiiiired sometimes. not like when I was 30.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @auntiebk Barbara, you are so kind, writing to everyone. thank you!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    June check-in

Health
    1. Track all I think so :)
    2. Lose at least a kilo (2.2 lbs) i don't think so :/
    4. Average 1100 calories net no :/
    5. At least 30 min exercise 6 days a week yes :)
    6. Five minutes meditation 5 days a week some days :)
    7. Write what I'm grateful for here daily yes :)

Long term writing
    8a.Spend at least 2h/day on long term writing project average got that done! :)
    8b.produce at least 2 pages per day average did what was needed :)
    8c. Send 26 pages to correctors by June 10did what was needed :)
    8d. 76 pages sent off by the post by June 17th yes :)

Home
    9. Average at least 15 min/day of cleaning average yes :)

Paper
    11. Average at least 5 min/day of filing no :/
    11a. Take care of at least 3 short term (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill per week. no :/
    11b. Make a list of short term tasks, etc and prioritise them, and do them. yes, yes, no :):):/

Art
    12. do 5 min of artwork or music/day no :/

Remaining from May to do in first week of June: Make appointment with dentist
    2. dentist 2 and acupuncturist no, no, no :/:/:/
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,405 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Gorgeous day on tap. Will garden and visit MIL today. Deep breath the end of the school year is imminent :D

Doc says I have to lower my cholesterol :( so no more whole milk yogurt for me :'( I will take a break from yogurt for a while before I experiment with lower fat or even soy substitutes.

NYKAREN

I lowered my cholesterol and got off meds by doing low card high fat (not strict KETO) for a natural way to lower, read labels and eliminate grains and sugar. Substitute nut flours and Stevia (sugar alcohols work too but more expensive). Please don’t take offense. This is simply what worked for me. Wouldn’t hurt. I fixed my glucose and H1C numbers within 3 months too!

RV Rita on pg. 70 now

Rita - what's your daily carb target? Do you still have your daily food diary open so we can see what/how you are eating?

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ You are blessed to have a hubby who is so into playing/teaching your grand children. :)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    RV Rita - Did not know about that at all premade bacon sounds good! 👌 I’ll have hubby keep an eye open.He’s still looking for my pop chips y chilly Cow I want but Sams Club didn’t have it yesterday we tried Walmart together.Swear if you want it poof* Don’t want it they have 3 shelves full! They had that enlightened ice cream spilling out of the isles didn’t look like even 1 carton had been grabbed...taking that as a sign on taste probabilities.Found the powdered peanut butter in the peanut butter isle but we looked at it thought it looked unappetizing.

JR ready for nap time has decided even tho his knee has a scratch he can walk y run again. So tough Lol...Carried him everywhere all morning he sat with blankets on his legs hammin it up since 6am-12 .
    Got to admit he’s a dedicated actor lol.

Amber Tx.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    afternoon ladies~ stunner of a day outside, and here I am inside... going through a bunch of photos and trying to sort some to give to my kids and important ones to put on the wall..was looking through tax information and was supposed to send 2 checks last week to the IRS and state department, instead of paying 2,000 in taxes for alimony in one lump sum,im paying it 4 times a year which isn't horrible.. so they will get there money in a day or 2..
    going down in a couple hours to feed DFIL .. everyone was there today lol.. Toms older brother Doug and his wife Iris are back from Florida so they were there, and then DFIL brother and SIL and niece where there and Tom and I so he had a whole table full.. he ate pretty well.. and promptly fell asleep.. so everyone left..
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ Wonderful photos! She has such black hair and pretty eyes.

Burglar alarm went off again at BnL's house so DH is on his way to check it out. Yesterday, he had to call the insurance company because two huge trees came down. Don't know if the house is damaged but he doesn't think so.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    Saturday stat for the day:

spin bike- single leg, crossover, reverse- 60min, 131ahr, 153mhr, 77ar, 99aw, 14.5mi= 551c
    Apple Watch- 501c

total 551 cal
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Bananas: Your fatigue sounds like misery, and so does hayfever. Have you had a checkup with your physician recently? I hope there isn’t anything serious causing your fatigue. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I envy your ability to see your grandchildren regularly. I am happy for you. I haven’t seen DD’s children in over two years. I will get there this summer, one way or another, RV or airline. :star:

Rebecca: I love the baby pictures. :bigsmile:

We got some necessary medications from the veterinary office but didn’t see a live vet. Still thinking about whether to switch to a different office. Yoga friends recommend a practice near here. I may go in and see what I think during the week.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

ski machine- 30min, 110atrpmin, 15incl, 20-25resist, 146mhr, 2mi= 256c
    Apple Watch= 260c
    other, jumping, single scissors, backwards- 30min, 140ahr, 167mhr, = 310c
    Apple Watch- 303c
    standing core machine- 4.50min, squats, single leg arm cross jump, 1set of 10each (4 diff exercises) repeat set twice- 126ahr, 142mhr, = 70c
    Apple Watch- 65c

total 636c
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Katla - I'm sorry it's so difficult to see your grandchildren, but I know you have to consider your husband. I'm sure there is a way for you to make that trip sometime soon with a bit of planning and determination. <3 Where there's a will, there's a way.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Thanks for your encouraging words. :heart:
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- She gets cuter with each day! I’m loving the blue onesie.I couldn’t put JR in them my hands have trouble with buttons so everything from jewelry to clothes has things to accommodate me. Part of working decades after many decades with our hands. I had to put him in the regular shirt with pants. My Mother-in-law prefers the onesie so we bought zipper ones for us to use.

NYKaren/Rita/Lisa - for high blood pressure we have lemon juice we add it to our water,teas,or hubby the brace one takes a shot of it in the morning. Then friendly diet for it we print out diets for each condition put it side by side crossed stuff out what’s lefts our can haves lol. Not much left with that but oh well will survive. Here’s a link to where we download our lists for IBS to gout! Some pictures from another site that you can also print.We also get salt free to reduced everything .gimu4eaw80il.jpeg
    pcu08glrr457.jpeg
    https://www.freeprintablegrocerylist.com/preview/High_Blood_Pressure_Grocery_List