Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    jewelziejewels welcome to the group. Read along as best you can - we're very chatty. Ask, answer, laugh, commiserate. We do it all. Give us a name we can call you and a little geographic info so we don't mix up names. I'm

Sharon Near Seattle
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    I'm over at my son"s house. Managed to cook the kids dinner. We ate outside. :D My son is going to cook us our adult dinner tonight. Kedgeree. Yum.
    Last night's dancing was fun. We did two new moves. One was called the Doughnut. :open_mouth:
    Not doing well calorie wise, so I think we will walk home as well as having walked here. Need the burn.
    Tomorrow DH is going to watch cricket at our local ground. His friend is coming down to join him. I will have to tidy up. He hasn't seen the house so will want a guided tour! Don't know if they want me to cook an evening meal or not.
    Much love to all, Heather UK XXXXXX
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️1. weigh in
    I think so 2. log all
    ✔️ 4. five minutes meditation
    ✔️5. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️6. At least 15 min cleaning
    x7. At least 5 min day filing
    ✔️8. average 1100 calories net

• Overall Feeling : not bad
    • Log all: I think so
    • Exercise : 30 min elliptical plus walking and cleaning
    • 1100 calories net average : sure
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week: did 1
    •cleaning : yes!
    •filing: no

Grateful :
    1. gym
    2.lease
    3.some colleagues
    5.some neighbors
    6.checked off bits

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Paper mess
    my landlady came by today and I had to clean and hide or consolidate paper mess.
    talking to my colleagues we all seem to be in the same boat. we all seem to have piles that we never get to.
    my landlady (seeing my piles) said everyone's in the same boat (in regards to paper piles). we were saying as teachers we plan to sort through stuff in the summer and plan all in advance but often don't get to it all, and also that overvplanning is not good- it's important to adapt to students and groups.

So : my home looks better.

Lease
    I didn't have a lease and have been paying under the table for ....19 years!

So: now I have a lease for next 3 years.that's goo.

The place was getting really run down so I really fixed it up in around 2016 and painted walls and ceilings and sanded floors. I actually hired a professional painter friend to do the painting at a very low price and helped him, but did the sanding all by myself.
    When landlady came by a year later, she saw how nice it looked and wanted to kick me out. she didn't know that even without lease it was as if we had one (legally I had found out a few years before). i had sms saying I was paying her rent and her saying ok, and how much plus withdrawing that amount every month and her calls and sms coming by to get rent. she's been dragging but finally I have a lease. here the usual leases are 3 years. ssince I've been here for so long the rent is very low, around half market price. (prices went way up after the euro.) landlady and her Dh are both doctors. doctors are not ultra rich here but 2 doctors will generally do well. she didn't want to pay taxes (around 50% income tax in upper bracket) which is why there was no lease to start. (her choice not mine). of course neither of us thought I would be there so long, but then it was cheap for me, and she didn't want to deal with it or have to bother fixing up (she was too busy with 2 then young kids).

my landlady is an MD but she has a drinking problem. she kept repeating the same thing 20 times in a kind of condescending argumentative way. but at the end she laughed when I said, "can you repeat that I didn't understand".

I have never mentioned her drinking problem as its not really my place to do so, I think.
    we're on a friendly basis (mostly) but I feel like that's an untouchable zone for her. she must be a high-functioning alcholoic.

when she'd come by to pick up rent at 10 or 11 on a Saturday she'd smell like alcohol.

now her kids are 16 and she's thinking about an apartment for them. she brought the 16 year old girl saying she was "taking her shopping" but when I asked if she hadn't brought her to check out the apartment she changed the subject. not my problem.

I'm an owner (still paying off credit till 2025 and 2028 - so the rent pays for the credit) of 2 tiny studio apartments, and stayed a renter for this place since it worked out better. that will make me a tiny retirement bit since, as it stands, I'll have barely any retirement fund.

Thesis
    my thesis director sent a mail saying I had "progressed" but there were some bits to redo.

I am very succinct (but polite and professional) with her now since she's been not ideal.

Union stuff
    it seems like we made quite decent headway in union stuff but I'll wait for concrete confirmation.

so it's been a good 10 days in terms of concrete accomplishments.

I don't feel elated at all but I feel less ever-present underlying pressure.

I'm not really feeling in a joyful moment in life, but if things are calm and not stressful that is really not bad.
    I can feel moments of joy, but it's not my dominant feeling at all these days. (years)

I feel like I'm so often nose to the grindstone, (economic necessity) so when I can lift my head up some, I feel like that is already not bad.

it's so hot this week- into the 90s.

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    thank you @trucker743
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @JRsLateInLifeMom so funny :D thank you!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @b4leaving I don't make my diary public cause I would find that invasive.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday. I am going from here and reading the back a little at a time. Yesterday was a better day food wise. Summer has decided to show up in all it's heated glory. Going to be high 80's low 90's rest of week. So not sure how much outside things I will get done.
    Barbie--Great news about Jake's blood work.
    Shannon--I do not have mine open, I know what I do and don't need any neg feed back.
    Kelly-- I want to spend my days at your daycare. So much fun and learning going on.
    Well I am up to page 64. Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    So sorry Sharon. :'(
    Guess what we passed on our way home today. Do you know what they are?
    p5s7e1g9wykq.jpg

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    So sorry Sharon. :'(
    Guess what we passed on our way home today. Do you know what they are?
    p5s7e1g9wykq.jpg
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX

Morris Dancers?

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Meg - happy 60th! <3 Glad you are doing better; congrats on the A-1C! And bet you'll do fine on your weight loss journey ;)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    💪💖😁