WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    B4leaving, I would make my diary private or maybe even do as Barbie suggested and unfriend a person who tried to be the food police with me. I go through periods of making my diary private. Right now it is available to friends. I don’t react well to anyone who is judgemental of what I eat. Our bodies are all different.

Lanette, I’m no help on the underwear. I make no apologies for my expensive panties. I wear Wacoal to match my bras and buy them when they go on sale 3 for $39. I used to buy Jockey until our local outlet store closed. I tried ordering the same ones off Amazon and they were not the same. I’m very, very picky about my underwear. Having said that, I have, in the past when I wasn’t quite so picky, found good comfortable, reasonably priced panties at Ross.

Meg, welcome back! You have been missed.

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Michele NC - Depends on the breed of fish.
    Flounder to tilapia to tuna all different. If it’s frozen their should be information on the bag. If freash can google or type fish into this app see what you get. If fillet versus whole fish also changes calories.

Found out the food logs called diary huh guess I do write in one then.Still add no one so no one to nit pick. Lol like my cell phone the people in it are scarce if they wanna see me they can show up.
    Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    As I was coming home from mahjongg it was lightening and thundering out. Why Vince doesn’t go into the hot tub and turn on the jets is a mystery to me.
    Michele in NC

Perhaps he doesn't want to get electrocuted? :grin:

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    As I was coming home from mahjongg it was lightening and thundering out. Why Vince doesn’t go into the hot tub and turn on the jets is a mystery to me.
    Michele in NC

Perhaps he doesn't want to get electrocuted? :grin:

This actually made me laugh out loud. Michele did kinda run her thoughts together, but that did not occur to me. Sharp eye or was it wit? Anyway, thanks for the laugh :)

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Where's Beth. I haven't seen her post lately, or am I just missing them?

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Rita: We’ve experienced poor air quality like you describe a couple of years ago when there were fires in Canada and Montana. The smoke seemed to come from the coast and also down the Columbia River. All we could do was stay inside and let our furnace and air conditioner filter as much junk out of the air as they could. I hope things improve for you soon. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: I like jockey bikini panties for women. I order them from Amazon and have been happy with the speed of delivery. They’re 100% cotton. My mom was a fan of nylon panties. She liked hers to the waist. :smiley:

B4leaving: Like Barbie, I don’t share my diary or exercise with anyone except in general terms. :noway:

Kim: Congratulations to your nephew for graduating from Junior College and heading for California State University. I hope he does well and enjoys Chico. :flowerforyou:

My busy body neighbor was getting ready to prune my camellia for me again yesterday. I told her to leave it alone. It is my plant and I’ll manage it. My next door neighbor asked that I trim it to a lower height and I was happy to do that. This variety of camellia blooms in December and January. The hummingbirds who live here year around love it. We have two species of hummingbirds. The Rufous Hummingbirds migrate here for the summer and return south for the winter. The Annas Hummingbirds are year around residents. They enjoy the winter blooming Camelia blossoms.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Power outage this morning reminded me to be grateful for: propane stove to make hot tea, wood stove to take the chill off and caring husband to split more kindling. Oh and for the return of electricity only 4 hours later ;)

Nancy in MI Well done for building on your 7 lbs success with new weekly goal of daily activity.
    pip "what slipper???"
    Heather are there palm trees under that magnificent elm? Will you now return to the shop to browse their sun bonnets?
    Karen in VA and Lanette my thoughts exactly. :devil:
    Lisa your little grandblob is bound to be a cutie! Envy Corey's fruit trees and beans, just ate the 3 snow peas that were ready, and our 7 apples and 4 peaches are about the size of marbles, but OH the Persian Cucumber was delish!
    Amber It would take a lot to calm my nerves after such a near miss as your husband had.
    Rori scary! Praying your husband's appointment goes well.
    Michele Joe ate the raw zucchini I put in his veggie bowl and declared it delicious. He thought it always had to be cooked. Yuck. :sick: :noway:
    Connie in KY ((hugs)) Are your sister and mother nearby?
    Amber Maxine cracks me up ;)
    Vicki welcome back!
    Shannon in Ont Only share my diary with friends, my friends are all from this thread, non-judgemental and encouraging. Food/Diary/Settings scroll down to Diary Sharing and change it. If I had "friends" who are offered unsolicited judgemental advice, I'd either tell them "Thanks, but no thanks" or make the diary private. Oops, see Barbie and Kay beat me to it.
    Welcome @JewlzieJules. This is a great thread for motivation, support, wisdom and caring.
    Lanette so with you on the undies, price up, quality down. I'm a 100% cotton up to the waist brief fan. Loved "the most comfortable undies" Wal~mart carried back in the day. No more. Then loved Jockey 100% cotton briefs, can't find 'em anywhere. Just ordered "Fit for Me by Fruit of the Loom Women's Plus 6pk Breathable Cotton Classic Briefs" 6 (color may vary ;>) pr for $16 from Target, they may have a microfiber option.
    workoutaholic in VA " room full of ladies that have been the dearest of friends forever" Yes that's it, exactly how I feel.
    KJ had to Google the "naked egg experiment." V. cool!
    Barbie safe travels and well wishes for Jake's appointment. Ah see all went well, bravo!
    Tracey you really got me with that song! :laugh:
    Kim I am with you, no horror, no scary movies, definitely never wanted to see Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs.
    Janet was thinking about Beth too. Was her implant surgery scheduled for around now?
    Katla RV road-ready in time to get away for the 4th, hooray! "Academic words" ROTFLMAO! Maybe you should pray for your busy body neighbor like in Tracey's song?

Knees are telling me it's time to get back to morning matwork habit. Wish I wouldn't do this to myself :(

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Meditate 8/30, knee exercises 9/30, 60 g protein 22/30, vits+rx 18.5/30, play with Tumble 9/30, AF 20/30, steps:5519
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for June might be equilibrium.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Tracey in Edmonton- where do you work and what do you do?
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Good morning,beautiful ladies!2 cups of coffee and I’ll be working out in a bit.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening all,

The appointment with the university went quite well, they're enthusiastic, next meeting is set for August, all the decisionmakers will be invited, yesterday was preliminary. Exhausting for me... but still not quite got my usual stamina back. Better by far than a couple months ago! Still not quite where I want to be. The iron is helping... well, pretty much everything, in some ways I hadn't even anticipated.

Rori
    - missed the bit about your hubby's dizzy spell, was moving too fast, and had to go back and find it. Hope that's a one-time thing, and glad you're getting him checked out.

Kim - no horror movies for me either, don't even like the advertisements on TV. When I was married to my ex and we lived near my best friend, I used to send them to the horror movies together, and I would go watch a different movie at the same cinema complex. Never got the point of spending money to be scared.

Shannon - I don't share my food diary either, and don't read other people's. :)

On the subject of panties, I'm a fan of cotton, as well, and the Hanes Hi-Cut Cotton Briefs at Wal-mart are $15 for ten pair. Like many women, urinary tract infections have always been an issue for me, so cotton, particularly in summer, is really important to keep the bacteria load from skyrocketing from the heat. And the hi-cut in the legs keeps the elastic from cutting off the circulation in my legs. :) From the waist up, I'm fairly small, but from the waist down, I'm still a chunky chick.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

Love,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Morning again ladies~
    was up at 3:30 this morning ugh...
    No Scary movies for me.. when Jaws came out we went as a group and I hid behind the chair the whole time..
    cotton undies for me too..
    took Alfie for a good walk this morning.. and will do that with the boys too, then go feed DFIL.. have plans this afternoon taking my dear friend Doris to a nice lunch for her 87 birthday and then to the Clinton Outlets .. she volunteers twice a week at a cat shelter so I cant pick her up until noon..
    looked for an hour online this morning for work...not finding much.. will keep looking daily..
    They are having an ice cream social here tonight, I have volunteered to scoop, but will not eat any..
    found out my friend Jay the one that is hospitalized has something called TMA- thrombotic Microangiopathy .. read up on it and it does damage to the kidneys and the brain, thats what the spots were.. could be caused by chemotherapy... now he had a large dose a week ago friday.. im not saying thats what it is.. but could be a contributing factor... if its not one thing its another.. that poor family...
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Real quick on panties- Like Lisa, I go for the Hanes High Cut Bikini Briefs. BUT, I will also say, the best seamless and unmoving panties I have ever bought I bought from Dicks in their women's department. Many of my running friends wear them. They are a nylon/lycra type blend. But seamless, no elastic waist or leg bands. Just one smooth piece of material. The fit like a very short "boy short" style. BUT they are heaven. Unfortunately the tag (which was also just printed on the fabric- so tagless as well!) has worn to the point that I can't read it. I will try to find them, or I will ask one of my running friends what the brand is. Truly, the most comfortable undies ever. Pricey, though. I think I got them on sale for $15 for one pair! Yikes! KJ
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I would like to get in on the undies thing..My job is outside and the heat can be an issue.I experienced my first heat rash attack a couple years ago,between my breasts and under them as well.Hubby went to dicks and bought me under armor shirts and panties.I have reactions to the elastic in panties,so the UA has no elastic.Yay!!! And the shirts?oh boy,no more heat rash!!
    Debby In Va
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Power outage this morning reminded me to be grateful for: propane stove to make hot tea, wood stove to take the chill off and caring husband to split more kindling. Oh and for the return of electricity only 4 hours later ;)

Nancy in MI Well done for building on your 7 lbs success with new weekly goal of daily activity.
    pip "what slipper???"
    Heather are there palm trees under that magnificent elm? Will you now return to the shop to browse their sun bonnets?
    Karen in VA and Lanette my thoughts exactly. :devil:
    Lisa your little grandblob is bound to be a cutie! Envy Corey's fruit trees and beans, just ate the 3 snow peas that were ready, and our 7 apples and 4 peaches are about the size of marbles, but OH the Persian Cucumber was delish!
    Amber It would take a lot to calm my nerves after such a near miss as your husband had.
    Rori scary! Praying your husband's appointment goes well.
    Michele Joe ate the raw zucchini I put in his veggie bowl and declared it delicious. He thought it always had to be cooked. Yuck. :sick: :noway:
    Connie in KY ((hugs)) Are your sister and mother nearby?
    Amber Maxine cracks me up ;)
    Vicki welcome back!
    Shannon in Ont Only share my diary with friends, my friends are all from this thread, non-judgemental and encouraging. Food/Diary/Settings scroll down to Diary Sharing and change it. If I had "friends" who are offered unsolicited judgemental advice, I'd either tell them "Thanks, but no thanks" or make the diary private. Oops, see Barbie and Kay beat me to it.
    Welcome @JewlzieJules. This is a great thread for motivation, support, wisdom and caring.
    Lanette so with you on the undies, price up, quality down. I'm a 100% cotton up to the waist brief fan. Loved "the most comfortable undies" Wal~mart carried back in the day. No more. Then loved Jockey 100% cotton briefs, can't find 'em anywhere. Just ordered "Fit for Me by Fruit of the Loom Women's Plus 6pk Breathable Cotton Classic Briefs" 6 (color may vary ;>) pr for $16 from Target, they may have a microfiber option.
    workoutaholic in VA " room full of ladies that have been the dearest of friends forever" Yes that's it, exactly how I feel.
    KJ had to Google the "naked egg experiment." V. cool!
    Barbie safe travels and well wishes for Jake's appointment. Ah see all went well, bravo!
    Tracey you really got me with that song! :laugh:
    Kim I am with you, no horror, no scary movies, definitely never wanted to see Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs.
    Janet was thinking about Beth too. Was her implant surgery scheduled for around now?
    Katla RV road-ready in time to get away for the 4th, hooray! "Academic words" ROTFLMAO! Maybe you should pray for your busy body neighbor like in Tracey's song?

Knees are telling me it's time to get back to morning matwork habit. Wish I wouldn't do this to myself :(

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Meditate 8/30, knee exercises 9/30, 60 g protein 22/30, vits+rx 18.5/30, play with Tumble 9/30, AF 20/30, steps:5519
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for June might be equilibrium.

Huh?
  • pipcd34
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Hi ladies!

I am channeling Beth tonight. Picked up my first CSA box at the farmer's market today. Super delicious, crunchy romaine, radishes. Peas were a little disappointing but also included were some snow peas, garlic scapes, green onion. These are foods I don't normally buy and prepare so I'm looking up stir fry recipes. The farmer is about 6 weeks late in getting the boxes out (crop failure) but I'm hoping as the summer goes on she'll have more neat stuff. Being a truck farmer like that is hard... the peas were immature but in a week they'd probably be over-ripe.

Connie
    - (((HUGS)))) So hard to deal with a parent when a sibling is a financial stake in their assets like your sis. Maybe she'll realize it's quicker and cleaner just to have you buy her out if you're able.

I have a personal clothing dilemma - input welcomed and needed!
    Went to buy some undies - I nearly choked at the price of one pair! And this was at the outlet store! I'd purchased some Hanes microfiber briefs (I like them to the waist) at Walmart a year or so ago, they were perfect and I needed more of those. Walmart no longer carried them but found them on Amazon. The quality of the fabric and the sizing is not what I originally purchased even tho they are theoretically the same style and size as what I had before. Cotton fabric doesn't do it because it bunches up when I pull my jeans up.

Anyone have favorites to recommend that aren't $8+ per pair? I'm in the size 8 or 9 range.

Pip - I'm enjoying the photos of Bullwinkle and her crew. Do you think they know she's in failing health? Was the one of her and the kitty recent?

Have a great evening!

Lanette
    SW WA State

That’s a young bullwinkle with bootz, u can tell by the face, she didn’t have a gray face then. I’ll answer the other question when I get to work
  • pipcd34
    Options
    229kdkdxyvoq.jpeg
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks to all of you ladies for your undie comments! I am rethinking my objections to cotton now.

Kay, those Wacoal look great and I bet you look stunning! (to your DH. >:) )

I actually just ordered a couple pair of "wirarpa" high waist briefs from Amazon. Mostly rave reviews. A bit more spendy than I'm used to but less spendy than they could have been (2 pr for what I paid for 1 pr at the outlet store...which I am returning). 95% cotton, 5% spandex. I'm heading to the mall this morning and if I have time will check out Ross and Penneys as well. And Walmart's cotton briefs section = Fruit of the Loom. All great ideas. I don't feel bad if they don't fit if I didn't spend lots - the local mission has a free clothing bank and ladies are always needing undergarments.

Tracey - so very thrilled for you with your new bookkeeping/accounting job! I did that for a while and simply loved it.... dealing with numbers instead of lots of people, lol. Great they are flexible with your days right now AND the place is so close!!

Allie
    , hang in there - have you thought of accounts payable/accounts receivable type jobs? You deal with some of that at your work right now? Little companies especially are always looking for stable, honest, trainable employees.

Barbie
    - great news on Jake! What a great day for a ferry ride - your idea of taking a taxi up to Pill Hill is a good one.

Katla - crossing fingers they get your RV fixed in time for you and your DH to make the great escape far from the stinkin' fireworks, lol.

Make it a fabulous day <3

Lanette
    Sunny& cool (soon to be showery/T storms tomorrow) SW WA State