Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    ktwbus0vnycz.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Lanette - Well done! :D Didn't think you USA folks would get it. :o I must say it was a surprise to see them in such an urban setting, near Hove station, but they were outside a microbrewery pub. :laugh:
    What fun!

I've been spending the rest of the evening sorting out with my DDIL times with the kids over the summer holidays and before. It's like a military operation! ! They are away in France on a house swap for two weeks plus time with the other grandparents, so it us tricky fitting things in. They need us just before and just after as well for extra minding.
    Met the new 'housekeeper ' today. She seems lovely and from Thailand, Her main job is with a gay couple, dentists, but she has some free hours. It's almost a full time job keeping track of the kids' clothes and putting them in the right drawers. They seem to have so many clothes these days. Every time I visit the sheer volume of stuff and things to keep track of (hobbies, appointments etc) seems overwhelming. Like Machka, they need a full time organiser! Life was simpler in my day. :|

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    Heather - MC Beaton (Marion Chesney) often has Morris Dancers in her Agatha Raison books. Seems they generally get quite drunk by the end of the event, brawling and fighting, lol. I'm sure she's exaggerating their behavior just for the sake of the story plots! Nice to see an actual photo of them. :D I wonder if they were sampling the brew? B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    What’s law of attraction? Does that have something to do with a mans stomach?
    Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    So sorry Sharon. :'(
    Guess what we passed on our way home today. Do you know what they are?
    p5s7e1g9wykq.jpg

Love Heather UK XXXXXX

Morris dancers. :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Barbara: I ordered the Women’s Jockey String Bikini panties through Amazon because I couldn’t find them locally. I see they still have some in white. I found the Lee jeans that I love at Kohls. :star:

Lanette: Thanks for your good wishes for our ability to get out of town and away from the fireworks. The RV is currently at the repair yard to fix the transmission fluid leak and other issues. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that it will be ready on time. We cleaned up the mess in the storage unit. The kitty litter we put down absorbed the fluid well and we scooped it all up. According to our garbage company, it is just fine to put it in a paper bag and then into our regular trash since the quantity is small. :heart:

Pip: I hope the honeymoon period for your beloved girl on steroids is a long and happy time. :heart:

Rita: It looks like you’ve done a great job replacing the magnesium with things that get the job done and don’t irritate your system. WTG!!!

Heather: You seem so happy in your new home. It took a lot of looking and waiting, but it seems perfect for you! :star:

Sharon: I’m sorry you’re injured and it is likely to take time for you to heal properly. The good part is that it looks as though you will heal. Yay! :bigsmile:

Meg in Omaha: Happy 60th, you sweet young thing. :heart: I am so happy to see you posting again. You have been missed!!! :star:

The dog went to the groomer today. He seems a bit on the sore side. The CBD oil on dog cookies seems to keep him relatively comfortable and happy but today he also had a pain pill the vet has prescribed for him. Sometimes the CBD oil is enough and other times he needs the pain pill, too.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • MichelleMinn
    MichelleMinn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    What’s law of attraction? Does that have something to do with a mans stomach?
    Amber Tx

Just positive thoughts and believing you attract what you focus on and believe in. Dunno, kinda tinkering with it, but not sure how I feel. I mean, generally, that makes sense, but there are elements that might be, well, woo.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • MichelleMinn
    Options
    Thanks, Rori!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Well totally fell off the food wagon Keto wise today. But will get right back on tomorrow.. so ashamed but oh well..ugh not forward to going to work the next 3 days.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Michelle Minn- Oh got it it’s something the youngsters renamed claimed,but it’s an older concept that we invented.
    Like Boho was hippie
    Keto was South beach diet to Atkins
    What you think you become is now this law of attraction idea 💡.
    They need to stop renaming everything I can’t keep up anymore.
    Nah I’m more a your destiny is predestined type so just live it enjoy it as it comes.
    My life’s more I Think 🤔 💭 it but instead a surprise is tossed at me full blast stamped nope here’s my plan for you signed God will get to your ideas later lol.
    Me;Sail the seven seas y beach trips with fun older woman outings wearing hats 🎩! Enjoy life aggghhh sips a tea on a cruise ship 🛳. Maybe go to college for dentistry or become a dental assistant.
    God ; You can do that when your 90! Here’s a baby 👶 🍼 post menopause ,You can restart menopause all over again!, you can have fun forgetting stuff like where’s the bag of cookies 🍪 you were carrying around the house a minute ago cause here comes the toddler tears, You can hobble up stairs for your Daughter Graduations post Csection with a premie newborn the size of a 1yr old or miss them then cause baby can’t travel yet....when it’s JRs turn you can hobble up some stairs with a walker get asked if your his grandmother 👵,your Daughter has decided to join the Navy not give you grandkids.Enjoy love you signed God .PS here’s a lot of weight especially in your butt! Hehehe
    Darn joker he is lol 😆
    Amber Tx

Good news is JRs tall when I’m old he can reach everything even the roof gutters! Woohoo 🎉

• MichelleMinn
    Options
    Unless your name is Methuselah, don't think we can lay this patent at your feet. Like you say, the concept is old, and pretty all your ancient religions have their version. I think sometimes ascribing a name or specific term creates focus and allows people to wrap their minds around it. I'm down to do it, like doing it, but every once in a while someone on a podcast or in a book will come out with a statement that makes me say, wait, what?

I just know I have to work on my mindset pretty much daily so I CAN roll with the punches and little surprises of life without falling into the fetal position. :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    B)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Michelle Minn- It’s finding what works for you y running with it. Think we’ve all had to look in the mirror practicing positive thoughts one time or another. Finding something that helps your mind set is a plus in the journey of life. Lol if I live as long as Methuselah then put me out of my misery lol! My luck I’d have more kids lol 😂. If I lived that long could you picture my brood! Raised 9 kids so far (2 biological)...think my lifespan a drop in his bucket. Wonder how many of those years he gummed his food 🥘???
    Amber Tx
  • MichelleMinn
    Options
    I've raised 0 children, so thank you for picking up the slack.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :) One of the things I'm most grateful for is finding a spiritual path that works for me, in fair weather and foul. It doesn't have a name but is a mixture of many things. I know that among us there are many spiritual paths and It makes me happy when I read that one of you has reached for your spiritual resources to get through a challenge.

<3 Barbie from NW WA