Fit For Future Families

Replies

• LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Apparently my doctor is working in her other office today... Why couldn't they just tell me that when I called first thing this morning? :grumble:

Anyway, the nurse I talked to said she'd put my file on top of the doctors pile to look over, and she should call me back tomorrow. She asked me which pharmacy I use in case they decide to call in an Rx for something to "jumpstart" my cycle. Um, shouldn't we do a blood test first to find out if I'm pregnant or not?? :huh:
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    she must not know that that's the answer you actually want :wink: who knows, maybe you'll be seeing some test tubed blood tomorrow.
  • lhuffman - fingers crossed for you. I would ask the nurse about that too before taking anything from the pharmacy.

jalara - way to go on the wedding progress - it is soooo close!

So, I did awesome from last Monday through Saturday. Weighed in on Friday and lost. Weighed in again just curious on Saturday and lost ANOTHER pound. Then, I went to a shower, did very poor and went over slightly today even though I did pretty good. I need a push right now. There's a lot going on in life in general and need to stay focused even when stressed with lots to do.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Some progress...
    SW: 172
    CW: 154.8
    GW: 135
  • abyt42
    [/quote]

I think we are at 180 student days and 185 teacher days.

I will be getting bored too as I have 5 sections of biology; however, I think I am going to experiment and teach them different ways!
    [/quote]
    The year I had five sections of freshman English I seriously considered, and looked for, other work. I wasn't so far removed from my whopper-flopper days, however, to think five sections of 9th grade was the height of tedium. It's just the only class in which I've had to exclaim, "get that banana out of her ear!" And mean it....

Good luck with the prep work. Because I've been teaching summer school, I'm now planned on a day-by-day basis through the end of September.

I'm really glad summer school is almost over. (We're doing an online program, so I'm writing coach and test-unlocker for 8 hours a day...which, while fun, is not the same...)
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    Getting anxious here... My period is now 15 days late. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests - all negative. My period has always been VERY regular, even since I went off of the pill in April.

I called my doctor this morning and left a message with the nurse. It's now been 1.5 hours since I called, with no return phone call. I know they're busy there, but I seriously want to know wants going on with ME! I've been reading up on missing your period/negative tests, and I'm not really liking what I'm reading (possibily of eptopic pregnancy) so I really want to get in there and figure this all out. On the other hand, my co-worker who is due later this week told me that she didn't get a BFP until her fifth week (after getting multiple BFNs)...

Please, nurse, just call me back!

My fingers are crossed for you that it is good news and nothing terrible....I'm sure you have a BFP in your future :)
  • fitterpam
    Apparently my doctor is working in her other office today... Why couldn't they just tell me that when I called first thing this morning? :grumble:

Anyway, the nurse I talked to said she'd put my file on top of the doctors pile to look over, and she should call me back tomorrow. She asked me which pharmacy I use in case they decide to call in an Rx for something to "jumpstart" my cycle. Um, shouldn't we do a blood test first to find out if I'm pregnant or not?? :huh:

Wow - I'm surprised they're willing to do that so quickly. I usually have to wait 90 days before the doctors give me something to jumpstart. Depending on what I tell them sometimes they test, sometimes they don't. If they don't suggest it, you should.
  • Shan80
    Shan80 Posts: 47
    I just wanted to mention that when I had an ectopic I DID get positive pregnancy tests. So that might not be the case. I hope it's not!! In my experience most docs will go by what the HPT at home says and if yours are negative - the one at the docs office probably will be too. They give basically the same exact HPT that you buy in the store. Have you tested with one that detects the smallest amount of HcG possible? I think they go as low as 25. I always get the Dollar Tree brand tests as they are cheap and they detect a very small amount - or I use the strips you can buy online - which is what my docs office uses.
    They will probably give you Provera to get your cycle started. I get it all the time. I take it for anywhere from 7-14 days and within a week to 10 days after the last pill AF will arrive....

Good Luck to you!! I hope it's nothing serious like an ectopic. It could be exercise? A woman's body is so mind boggling and frustrating!
  • Shan80
    Shan80 Posts: 47
    oops posted that twice! :)
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Congratulations to everyone seeing progress this week. Isn't it nice to see your hard work pay off?

I am going to try to focus on one day at a time, as the week by week thing isn't working for me at the moment. Today's goals are:

1. Log everything I eat today
    2. Walk at least 10,000 steps
    3. No soda

Also...it is Baby Dance week....so I am trying to put some effort into that too!!!!
  • LHuffman24
    I didn't know they sold HPTs at Dollar Tree! I was baffled at how much they cost at CVS... Maybe I'll stop by Dollar Tree later.

Still waiting to hear from the doc... We'll see what she has to say. Thanks for all the support!! :flowerforyou:

Weighed in this morning and lost 3.6 pounds... Don't know how that happened, since I ate a lot over the weekend. Probably stress, I don't know...

SW: 151
    CW: 147.4
    MG: 147 - Almost there...
    GW: 130
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Hello everyone!!

This week I'm right in the middle of TOM so I decided not to weigh myself. However, for this week I have three mini goals.

1. Log all foods even through out the weekend
    2. Cardio at least 30 mins a day with post stretching
    3. Three weight training sessions

Wishing you all a healthy week.
  • paldal
    ditto pmaria, I'm in TOM too, so I'll just wait until next week to weigh.

I'd like to lose 2 or 3 lbs before labor day weekend, so I'm going to have to buckle down and get to it.
  • LHuffman24
    Going in for a blood test tomorrow morning. Praying it says what I want it to say... Otherwise, she said she'd call in an Rx for Provera for me.
  • paldal
    good luck lhuffman. I hope she's able to tell you something soon.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Ill be thinking about you lhuffman. You will have to let us know as soon as you find anything out.
  • I'm glad you're going in for a test, LHuffman24. That will put your mind at ease. I hope you get the results you want. :flowerforyou:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    Going in for a blood test tomorrow morning. Praying it says what I want it to say... Otherwise, she said she'd call in an Rx for Provera for me.

good luck!
  • abyt42
    Good luck LHuffman!
  • fitterpam

Good luck - I hope that everything turns out :)
This discussion has been closed.