Fit For Future Families

Options

Replies

• LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    LHuffman24

Is there maybe a nurse practitioner you can leave a voicemail for? I know that my doctor and her nurse get bogged down quite a bit, but the nurse practitioner in the office always gets back with me no matter the question within an hour.

It's just a thought :smile:

So, I called right before closing time last night and left a message for the nurse practitioner. I had an early morning meeting today for work, so I did not take my cell phone. Just returned to my desk, and a voicemail from the nurse. PREGNANT!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Oh my gosh, I am not going to get anything done today.

I'm not going in for my first appointment until September 14. I don't know if I can wait that long!

I love this group, and I wanted to thank all of you for the great thoughts and support this week! I guess I'm not TTC anymore, but I'm going to stick around and check in on you gals! :flowerforyou:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    LHuffman24

Is there maybe a nurse practitioner you can leave a voicemail for? I know that my doctor and her nurse get bogged down quite a bit, but the nurse practitioner in the office always gets back with me no matter the question within an hour.

So, I called right before closing time last night and left a message for the nurse practitioner. I had an early morning meeting today for work, so I did not take my cell phone. Just returned to my desk, and a voicemail from the nurse. PREGNANT!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Oh my gosh, I am not going to get anything done today.

I'm not going in for my first appointment until September 14. I don't know if I can wait that long!

I love this group, and I wanted to thank all of you for the great thoughts and support this week! I guess I'm not TTC anymore, but I'm going to stick around and check in on you gals! :flowerforyou:

EEEK!!!!!!! What a surprise!!!!!! Congratulations.....you certainly got a shock there....I'd be mad with my pharmacy now....LOL
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    LHuffman24

AAHHH!!! That's wonderful!!!!!!! Congratulations! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    Congrats!!! I am so happy for you. Do you call your husband right away? What a fun day for you. :flowerforyou:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    LHUFFMAN!!!! That's so wonderful - I'm so so happy for you! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Please let us know how it goes, but so you know there is another group (from which this one was formed) that is for those who are expecting (YAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAY!!) - the ladies there are really great - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104498-pregnancy-2010-july

I'm so happy for you!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Now, one more thing - I got the fancy HRM and it deciphers based on heart rate if you are in the "fat burning" zone or "fitness" zone while working out. Well, I was only in the "fat burning" zone for like 3 minutes! How do I change this? I want to burn fat, not that I mind the fitness, but first and foremost burn fat.

I've actually heard somewhere that if you cut the machne and MFP estimations in half, you'll be closer to the truth. Sucks, eh?:grumble:

With that said - at least you have a new tool in your belt to help you out - I want one so badly now!!!!

As for Fat Burning vs Fitness (aka Cardio): fatburning is at a lesser heart rate (odd I know). From the Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/target-heart-rate/SM00083 and also a chart: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Sxu5lw-o_eA/RzaMx6gcCJI/AAAAAAAAACc/MzpGnPoAUkE/S660/Heart+Rate+Zone.JPG

Ths sucks though!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options

[/quote]

Yeah!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! :happy:
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Baileke: Welcome to the group!!! Thank you for the motivating words.

Jalara: I am onboard with everyone else..listen to your body and I really hope you feel better soon.

Hopeful: Thank you for the update, but that is unfortunate. Hmm just makes me wonder even more how much calories I am burning... I think I may need to make an investment. And analyze my workouts more. :smile:

CudyBug: Congrats on the weight coming off again and go get those jeans!! I completely understand not wanting to buy every 3 months, but you deserve to look and feel great with your new body.

Huffman: I was about to tell you to go back into that office and raise hell, but then I saw your news!!! CONGRATS!! :bigsmile: What a surprise! :flowerforyou: It's still terrible that they couldn't call you with the results sooner! But also, what is the Rx for?

Check in:
    Well my DH and I closed on our 2nd house (we plan to use it as a rental) on Tuesday and have started gutting the bathroom. I have gotten a pretty good workout pulling down drywall and ripping out the toilet and vanity. I hope this work pays off. We plan to have it completely renovated by the end of next week. Then its onto painting , landscaping and finishings. I really hope to have it rented by next month. We'll see! :laugh:

-.2 lbs REALLY!? Ugh, I wonder when I am going to see actual results...
    LW:149.4
    CW: 149.2 :angry:
    MG: 145 by Aug 22 (don't think I will get there in just over a week) :ohwell:
    Goals for this week:
    1. Cut back on the bad snacks!
    2. Continue my crunches and push ups
    3. Drink more water
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    LHuffman-- congratulations!!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    AHHHH!!! Yeah LHuffman, Congratulations. I was in meetings all day, and just checked this and I cant believe it!! Did you call your hubby right away?

Congratulations again, I cant wait to see your Baby Gaga ticker.
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    Yeaaaa LHuffman! Atleast the wait was worth it! Take care of yourself. Are you super excited? Like jalara said, there is a Pregnancy topic related to this, most of us go back and forth, you'll find great support there with people in different stages. Jalara actually put out the July post, but here is August's, they change monthly.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/110947-pregnancy-2010-august
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    Jalara, 9 days!!!!! I hope you put up lots of pictures.
  • susan7047
    Options
    I would like to join your group. I am a mother of a 10 month old little girl. I am trying to lose weight so that, in about a year, we could start ttc a brother or sister for our little one. I need all the help I can get staying motivated. I just joined this site on Monday so I have a dumb question. When you say "join this group" what exactly does that mean? How do I find this group every Monday?
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your group. I am a mother of a 10 month old little girl. I am trying to lose weight so that, in about a year, we could start ttc a brother or sister for our little one. I need all the help I can get staying motivated. I just joined this site on Monday so I have a dumb question. When you say "join this group" what exactly does that mean? How do I find this group every Monday?

Hi Susan! Welcome to the group! I hope we can support and guide you through your journey. "Joining the group" simply means to check-in every-so-often (or maybe obsessively like me :wink: ) and engage in conversations, ask questions, or maybe just vent a little. We do weekly check-ins to show our progress and post weekly goals/plans. To find the group again, click message boards, then "My Topics" and you will find all the groups/topics that you have commented in. Hope this helps! Welcome again! This is a great group with very supportive women.
  • ron2282
    Options

Welcome! Now that you've posted something here, you can click on "my topics" and this thread will be on your list.
  • ron2282
    Options
    I just want to put it out there that I officially hate Jillian Michaels (although I love her at the same time). Level 3 of her 30 Day Shred is insane – who does jumping jacks with weights????? :noway: But I was able to get though it without modifications for most of the moves - I still have to do girly push-up but I can actually do a sit up, which I don’t think I’ve ever been able to do.

Jarla --- it’s getting so close! I hope you’re feeling better and I can’t wait to see pictures!
  • JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    LHuffman - CONGRATS!!!!! :happy:
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    My mom was over today and she just saw me last sunday but said that it looks like ive lost more weight. Im actually wearing the same shirt i was wearing sunday but different pants so maybe thats why it looks like ive lost more weight when really i only lost a lb last week. But she starts talking to me in this concerned voice and says I look like im wasting away. HA seriously, I mean I know shes used to seeing me big but really wasting away. I am no where near looking thin. I maybe 165 lbs BUT I am only 4 foot 11 inches so 165 is alot for me to carry. I just thought it was crazy for her to be so concerned when Im still technically considered obese. Then that got me thinking about what my SIL said on saturday at my daughters party. She said shes just gonna start calling me slim. I have to giggle at that and it did make me smile, it just all makes me realize how big I really was at only 35 lbs heavier. I did however lose an inch on my waiste which I was shocked today since its TOM for me and im abit bloated lol. Now if only I could get some inches off my upper arms and we would be great. Im starting to have bat wings here.

LHuffman- congrats, thats super exciting and remember to enjoy every minutes being pregnant because before you know it you have a 5 year old :wink:
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    Wow, I missed so much in just one day!

Hopeful - When I am on my elliptical for 20-30 minutes the readout for calories is about 65. Talk about discouraging. Then I come to MFP and it is like 400. I just bought a heart rate monitor. I have been using is while walking but I havent used the elliptical in a while. I am hoping it is definitely closer to 400 than 65. There is no way my elliptical is correct (even though I enter the correct weight, etc.) I LOVE my HRM!! Takes out the guess work.

LHuffman - That is so great! Congratulations! Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

kcurtis- You sure have a lot on your hands with remodeling. I love to remodel. We are still working on our own house we bought 2 years ago. We are just finishing up 2 of our upstairs bedrooms with newdoors, trim, closet organizers, paint, etc. We are working on one of our upstairs bathrooms starting next month. Good luck and definitely a great workout!

Susan- Welcome to the group and MFP! Your daughter is adorable!
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    So for my update. Thursday was a rough day for me. I had a dr appt to check my follicles after being on my 3rd round of clomid. Unfortunately, I did not have any good looking follicles for my cycle this month. It is frustrating. My husband and I have been married for almost 4 years and have done nothing to prevent pregnancy. Since I am getting older we decided to start infertility treatments. I knew I would have problems since I have PCOS. It is still rough to go through, especially when my SIL just had her first child in January and is pregnant with her second one due again in January. I am so happy for her and love my niece dearly; however, difficult to deal with.

Anyway, I decided to with Femara for my next cycle and see if my body reacts to that any differently and in the meantime I am still working on dropping the weight as it can only help!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Mine is full of house work and family!