WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,036 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Put up an antenna to get the local digital channels today and it worked quite well, so "cut the cord" today, as so many people are doing... which is not quite accurate, considering it was satellite TV... :smiley: but got rid of it, thereby saving the equivalent of two mortgage payments a year for TV service. With the antenna, we get a few local stations for local news, and a number of PBS stations.
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

That's pretty much all we've had for the last decade. It's actually a bit overwhelming when we go to North America and stay in a hotel!

Usually, one or two evenings a week there's nothing interesting on our limited number of channels, so we either just turn it off and listen to music, or if it is early in the evening, we might pop in a DVD.

I've got the whole series of Phyrne Fisher, half the series of Dr Blake, most of West Wing, a season of Dad's Army, a season of Fraser, and a small collection of movies on DVD.

All that is enough to keep us entertained. :)

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,036 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Lanette ~ I am rethinking the gym. I went twice last week and walked on the treadmill and used the elliptical (barely). My knees were aching all weekend and I have started icing them good. I get so out of breath and weak feeling that I think when I go back to my internist I am going to ask for a stress test. I am doing the recommended exercises at home for my knees.

Carol

That sounds like a good idea ... I hope you're going back to your internist soon!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,080 Member
    Options
    I am in that stage too - where I can barely use the gym. It barely makes sense to go if I can only do half a mile on the treadmill. I don't know where to draw the line.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Lanette ~ I am rethinking the gym. I went twice last week and walked on the treadmill and used the elliptical (barely). My knees were aching all weekend and I have started icing them good. I get so out of breath and weak feeling that I think when I go back to my internist I am going to ask for a stress test. I am doing the recommended exercises at home for my knees.

Carol

Carol
    - good idea getting your ticker checked out! <3

Are you able to walk around your neighborhood at your own pace?

A drawback I've seen with the gym is that it tends to make some us overdo it and be more prone to injury, especially if we're new at it. So I let the kids on the treadmills beside me chug along, sweat dripping, max incline. I "mosy" and get my 20 or 30 minutes in.

Good luck. Hope your "other knee" isn't complaining too badly today! <3

Lanette
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    0zexhkot4bea.jpeg
    Connie KY- Well I would have told that So called frenemy “Yes I ate so do you that’s what foods for...your point?” . Sounds like she was jealous of you on the first place I’d tell them goodbye 👋 show the door use my grandmother (over 90+yrs old now) “Let the door hit ya where the Good Lord Split Ya!” Lol Im turning into my grandma 👵 y I love it! Sheesh food diary 📔 doesn’t mean we all can’t in a blue moon 🌝 go to family weddings y out with the kids! I’ve had days I was right on the dot hubby brought home something walking in proud like He slayed y cooked it himself I ate half of it sending my calories soaring.If someone not picked it y posted a foto of it in the morning They wouldn’t like me anymore! I say it’s none of her/his business if you splurge or not once in a blue moon 🌙 Darn Diet Police 🚔 need to get a job or hobby! frenemy nice to the face but enemy who’s mad about your progress behind your back.Sounds to me like they got personality issues need a personality diet to loose the stick up their Yoo-hoo!
    Block frenemies online/IRL move on you won’t remember them tomorrow but they’ll remember you!
    Amber Tx

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I’ll pray for you Vickie for safe driving y strength for such a tough journey.
    Amber Tx

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,295 Member
    Options
    Safe travels Vicki <3<3<3

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Amber-I’m with you on Barbie man!Mayeb he’s happy,Hopefully she’s happy being a size 2.As an adult,I was in XS,but that was in my 30s.
    Debby In Va
  • vickyracine
    vickyracine Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Here's to the start of a new week! Planning on getting back into the habit of getting to the gym and walking the dog. I was doing so well, then had some family stresses get in the way.

Vicky Central Wisconsin
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Meg: Congrats on your wonderful dinner with friends! :bigsmile:

Sue in TX: Happy 80th! Love the photos! You are absolutely gorgeous. :heart:

BigDaddy: It is great to see a man so proud of his wife. WTG!!!

Rita: I hope you’re feeling better. :flowerforyou:

Viv: I’m glad your mum was okay. Hearing exam seems like a very good idea for her. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: We get nearly all our produce at the grocery store, but this time of year the farm stores on Sauvie Island are open and I love to go there. :smiley:

Kelly: Happy Anniversary!!! :heart:

Carol: I am in full agreement with you about heat. Warm is fine, but roasting is not. :noway: I like the 80’s F just fine, but after the thermometer hits 90F I’m ready to hide inside with the benefit of an air conditioner. :star:
    I think medical advice about the gym is an excellent idea. Does your gym have recumbent electronic bikes? I use the ones at my gym all the time, and I get plenty of exercise without putting too much weight on my knees. I can set the difficulty and choose my length of time. The ones at the gum has an adjustable, comfortable seat with a back.

We are home from the county park and had a quiet and pleasant week there. I didn’t have the ability to post here due to the lack of internet connectivity in the park. Trying to do that on my phone is beyond my skill/patience. I logged every bite and swallow on my phone and it was all recorded with MFP. This is our second year at this particular county park and I think I’d like to go to a different place next year and try something new. I logged every bite and swallow on my phone, so I haven’t broken my “streak.”

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,295 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    My son got home finally much later than he said. I had fed the older ones with toast! :D
    My bright idea was to go to the fish and chip shop and buy two large cod. I had a small sample of chips to eat while they were cooking it. I took the fish home on the bus and ate mine straightaway. For DH I put some oven chips on and warmed up the fish in the oven. He got home and it all worked out fine. The only criticism he made was that he has had two days without veggies! Well, I was intending a curry with spinach and peas. ;)
    Pleased to have been of help. <3
    I dropped a card in to next door thanking her for the lift to the school.
    Tomorrow I will be getting ready for visitors on Wednesday. Last day of cricket. :*

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • b4leaving
    b4leaving Posts: 90 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Tracey - yay! the bride looked beautiful and so do you! I hope the day was amazing. Was definitely missing your posts around here. *hugs*