WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Lisa: I hope you are able to get a new water heater installed ASAP.

(((Vicki))): Good wishes for your husband’s sister, and for the whole family. Sending prayers your way. :flowerforyou:

Heather: It is wonderful for your son’s family that you’re there to help when needed. You are a blessing that makes their lives easier. :flowerforyou:

Janetr: You seem right on track to me. Congrats on taking great care of yourself. :bigsmile:

DH is having a quiet day at home so far. I’ve run some errands and need to run a few more. We need to double check that we have all the perishable food off the RV, and also to retrieve anything that needs to come home—such as clothes and hangers.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Rebecca Navy son has certainly matured and filled out since the last pictures we saw of him. A handsome young man. :)

Good job on the work out, yay you !

Janetr OKC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ Good pic of your son!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Lanette- Thank You Hun.Sorry I got so mad earlier just logging in seeing a random request along with post raised a red flag 🚩!
    Did anyone else get requested?

Rebecca-Looks like your sons having a fun zoo day! My Navy Daughter still home we’re enjoying her time off could be another year before another visit.

Microwaves on the fritz not even that old! Hubby going to see into it soon enough.We are out cause JR was hungry well decided to run for pancakes at a restaurant y German omelets. Was an exspensive microwave now it’s getting hot while off! Unplugged safety first.

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    :)Carol, you are absolutely right to check with your doctor about exercising at the gym. Almost every type of exercise I've known has always suggested checking with your physician first, and in your case, it's even more important because you are experiencing some discomfort that is upsetting. There's a difference between "no pain, no gain" and doing some damage to yourself.

:) We have expensive cable TV and Netflix and Amazon Prime and love them all. Jake's health requires him to spend a lot of time resting. Watching TV is something he likes (along with reading and various computer and phone tasks). We did an inventory of what we like to watch and it required having all these sources so we are keeping them. TV is a major source of recreation for us. We don't travel, go to movies or concerts, eat out, buy clothes, spend money on grandchildren, or many of the things that other people do. Just like choosing an eating or exercise plan, finding the right TV combination is a very personal decision and one size does not fit all.

:)Katla, I was awake for several hours three nights in a row comforting Bessie because of the fireworks. I cuddled her with pillows and played the Peter, Paul, and Mary playlist on my phone to help her stay calm.

:)Rebecca, great job at the gym. Watching something entertaining is a perfect way to make the treadmill more fun.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lisa so sorry about the water heater, did you know it's age when you purchased house a year ago? Also, good luck with the rest of your prep, that's the worst part.

Super hot day here, I had to go into Manhattan today for an appointment, but still went to the gym in the afternoon, so I'm proud of that. Tomorrow is another long day of sitting (professional development class), but I am starting the day at the gym and packing a healthy lunch. Will get a chance to see some work friends so the day should fly by right quick.

NYKAREN
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Had my last birthday lunch today with my Friday Golf Girls. We had a fun lunch and lots of laughs.

Kelly-Happy Anniversary. You are making such great preparations for your babies visit. Enjoy every minute.
    Lanete- yes I really am 80. Hard for me to imagine but it is true. I have been telling you all I am the oldest one here.
    Tracy- love the wedding day photo. Hope everything went as you hoped. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.
    Lisa- sorry your water heater is buster. It seems like there is always something breaking. We always say they come in threes. Hope that is not the case for you.
    JanetR- my puppy is named Riley. He loved all the company and the extra attention.
    Karen- loved the garden pictures. Made me want to get back to deweeding my garden.
    Rebecca- I thought the pictures of you and your granddaughter were priceless. She will treasure them when she gets older.

You never know what kids remember. All of my family did a favorite memory with a picture of me with them. My daughter had it put together online. I will treasure it forever.

Suebdew in TX
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Suebdew: What beautiful family photos. 80 Years Loved...made me smile, and it's not even my celebration.

Kelly: Happy 30th Anniversary! Hope DH starts feeling better. Sounds like you are all set for Joaquin and family. Excited for you.

Vicki: Prayers going up for DH's sister. Safe travels.

Lisa: Ack! Major plumbing issue while doing colonoscopy prep, and fighting the bad pig taste in mouth---how totally awful! :| Hugs to you, dear friend. Hope all goes well with the procedure.

Barbie: Ditto re the TV options. Local live sports coverage gives DH and me something we can enjoy together, and there is no better option for coverage besides old fashioned cable.

I made yougurt in the Instant Pot today, and also prepped the SkinnyTaste Cucumber and Chickpea salad for dinner tonight. It's tasty and refreshing. I'll put it in a bowl of chopped lettuce and top with some tuna, and call it dinner.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,770 Member
    Options
    Lisa , I'm over here laughing my head off about the bacon from a pig with an attitude problem
    So sorry about the water heater mine was 15 yrs old and my nephew installed a new one in for me..
    Long day ..I'm in bed
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,298 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,398 Member
    Options
    Lanette- Thank You Hun.Sorry I got so mad earlier just logging in seeing a random request along with post raised a red flag 🚩!
    Did anyone else get requested?

Amber Tx

Amber - no worries, as Lisa said. Don't feel bad if you flag or "woo" them. These goofy dudes don't belong here... they'd figure it out if they had any sense, lol.

Lanette
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Lisa in AR- lol!! I’m glad you have a sense of humor about your colonoscopy.Most people I see are More than annoyed by it.Im never having one,though.I am sorry about your hot water heater and I don’t think you’ve been cranky.
    Debby In Va
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,652 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.50min, 13.9amph, 134mhr, 1.58mi= 85c
    apple watch- 63c
    new SKI MACHINE- 18min, 112aw, 115ahr, 136mhr, lvl8 out of 10, 6.8km= 175c
    apple watch- 166c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.49min, 18.5amph, 131mhr, 1.48mi= 71c
    apple watch- 48c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.19min, 12.7amph, 137mhr,3.02mi= 155c
    apple watch- 110c
    jog station 2 wrk- 4.59min, 146mhr, 10.15min mi, .48mi= 70c
    apple watch- 59c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.27min, 143mhr, 9.53min mi, .45mi= 83c
    apple watch- 65c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.35min, 9.1amph,148mhr, 2.5mi= 196c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 835

got another $100 bucks today in the mail from our phoenix office. up to $925 on my MS donations!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Janetr- I’m so happy for you! It’s amazing how the kettle bell works your whole body. And it is very possible to have a flat tummy with its use!! You do look fabulous!! The only side effect that I have found is overly affectionate husband!!

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona