• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Panty envy!

Kim from N. California

So the silly little 10 year old who still lives inside my brain got a giggle with this typo! LOL!

Amber my "pantry" turns out to be just one of several places to store food. It's scattered throughout my cupboards! While I don't have children at home now, I actually provided childcare for 3 growing boys years ago (nothing like Kelly!!) as well as my own 2 sons. You make do! Now that it's just my husband and I, it's plenty.

Pip ... change of hours and no phone work ... this is good, right?

I'm waiting for a Verizon technician to arrive and upgrade our internet/router. My intent last night was to reduce our monthly expenses. Somehow that changed into a new contract with upgraded equipment and internet speeds. With all the specials/bundles/and smooth talk, my monthly bill went up $4.00. Sigh. But, according to my chat representative last night, my family "is just going to love it!" One positive ... knowing a service man had to go into the basement sent me on a speed declutter/throw out mission so he could get to the equipment he needs to work on!

Beth near Buffalo

Off phones? Yes!!!!!!!!!! I’m just going back to my old schedule 8-4:30, it was 7-3:30, boo but I’ll take it
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Katla - I almost forgot - do you think when your DH starts his PT and he feels better, he'll reconsider you catching a plane to visit the grandkids? It would be great for you both (or at least you) to see the farm in person.

I'd always catch the red eye from Portland and arrive early the following morning in Chicago before catching a hop to South Bend, IN.

Flying isn't my favorite, a leisurely drive in the RV sounds better for sure. <3

Lanette
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: I'm so sorry your older dog is having health problems that lead to unpleasant clean up for you. I hope the vet will be able to help with the situation.

Katla
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    674134eovh3ho2a3.gif
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    Machka: Happy Anniversary!
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Go with a city or university gym ... much less likely to close. I won't touch private gyms anymore.
    Like Machka, I won't use private gyms anymore either and I only had one close on me! I now use the Y, it's near enough to our home, the facility itself is great and the price is very reasonable.
    Debby, has your daughter spoken to police at all? The pos is making very serious threats. Heaven forbid something does happen, but if she has already filed a complaint, especially if she have photos of bruises etc, then it will be easier going forward with charges.
    Katla, I'm so sorry that your hubby is not wanting you to go see the grandkids. I do understand you not wanting to leave him alone for any length of time given his health and I also understand him not wanting to have people come in or to go visit family if they can't understand his food limitations, that would be frustrating. Not to mention the consequences of ingesting the problem foods!
    We are a one vehicle family (it is just the two of us) and with hubby retired we can usually make do just fine. Well, I made him an app't this afternoon knowing that I had to work, but decided it was not big deal, I have my bike, I'll just ride to work. Well, wouldn't you know it, I woke up to rain. Not really heavy rain, but rain nevertheless. I did get wet! Fortunately, I packed my work clothes in my backpack, so they were fine. I was also happy that I had an extra pair of socks and dry shoes already at work, working with wet feet all day would not have been fun!
    I have to admit to a bit of pantry envy, I don't really have one. Or at least I didn't til hubby built one for me. At our old house, we took out the chimney and he put a pantry in there for me, it was wonderful! Floor to ceiling, about 2 ft deep, lots of shelves.... all my canned and boxed goods went in there, so much easier than having to crawl around on the floor looking for stuff in the lower cabinets, I don't have many upper cabinets and not really that many lower either, so space is premium. Anyway, hubby built a cabinet for me, it's about 18" wide and 12" deep, it works well for my baking stuff, his snacky stuff and my cereal as well as a few staples. I'm not at home so can't take pics and show them. The good thing about it is that it's too small to get to be too much of a disaster!
    That's it for me, for now anyway! I'm up to page 74, so getting close to being caught up!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :) Part of our kitchen remodel last year resulted in a very nice cabinet for storage. Now we have lots of space. There are several reasons for this besides having a great floor to ceiling cupboard on both sides of the kitchen.
    1. There are only 2 of us.
    2. We eat very few items that come in cans.
    3. There is space in the bathroom and laundry room to store cleaning supplies, paper goods, and some larger items.
    4. We add things to the shopping list as we open the last one.
    5. We have a big freezer.
    6. We eat a lot of the same meals over and over so we don't have a huge variety of foods.
    7. We inventory things often.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    JR wanted a toy dug it out he’s proud of himself lol.
    owudbcq9cuh0.jpg

Lanette- Their not fairing well - name 1 Woman or teenage girl or elementary kid who wants to be a societal outcast with out dated hair to being told your lesser than your brother y wear clothes like the prairie days. Quote scripture while cleaning toilets 🚽. Trust me your scared enough of the men you’ll claim your fine until lawyer says yes yes we can free you!
    Here’s the fun dress code to make you raise an eyebrow at. I’m wearing slacks right now I’m immodest y immoral oooohhhh! They match my husbands oh nooooo I m going straight down the toilet! Start by reading the men’s rules it’s 2 lines plus a 1 liner after that your done. The rest all for Women cause women are special need to be controlled or will be on girls gone wild spring break! Oh noooo lol. No dancing 💃 no TV 📺 No Movies 🎥 in theaters most of all never swim 🏊‍♂️ with the opposite gender! Yeah the more you read the more like me you’ll sneak the gals the abuse hotline to shelter numbers on a piece of paper 📝 like I do. Remember Cleaning is our holy duty lol 😂 cause apparently men who make decisions for them think it’s something we all Want to do y long to do. My husband calls it nonsense after he researched it all told me stop cleaning just clean one day a week who cares if it’s dirty! I clean more now because JR keeps hiding chewed up food everywhere mysterious odors are hard to locate. He hid his 1st try of fish 🐟 that was horrible odor. Toy box it was in the toy box! Hubby says he’ll just make a mess in the morning leave it.
    https://www.learnreligions.com/guidelines-of-the-united-pentecostal-churches-700118

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

day 25 (mon-fri), last day til MS ride
    no gym workout

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.39min, 12.4amph, 127mhr, 1.57mi= 71c
    apple watch- 64c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 49min, 14.5amph, 149mhr, 11.81mi= 519c
    apple watch- 443c
    jog station 2 wrk- 4.46min, 145mhr, 9.42min mi, .49mi= 68c
    apple watch- 59c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.30min, 10min mi, 145mhr, .45mi= 70c
    apple watch- 57c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.07min, 8.9amph, 148mhr, 2.54mi= 213c
    apple watch- 145c

total cal 941
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Went to the water aerobics class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Biggest Loser Cardio Max Bootcamp DVD

Meg – please get better fast. What was the diagnosis?

Pantries: I have this “thing” about having appliances etc. out all the time on the counter. I like to have the counters cleaned off as much as possible so I keep all my appliances below the counters. I remember MIL had a deep pantry and the problem was that cans would get pushed to the back and expire.

Elena – I would recommend the Personal Training with Jackie DVD. It’s only something like 40 minutes long. Not complicated at all and she doesn’t go fast. I don’t like when you are supposed to go fast with weights, to me, then I compromise form so I prefer to go slower. Actually, on any DVD where you are supposed to go fast with a weight (I know there is one with Bob Harper, can’t remember the name right now) where when they go fast, I go slow. I actually think you get more of a workout if you go slow.

M – happy anniversary. Do you have any special plans after dinner?

I spoke to Denise and told her we’d leave Fri (30th), get there that evening, then leave Tuesday (3rd). She then spoke to Vince who said we’d go up on the 30th and leave on the 1st. After not seeing PJ for 4 months, we only get to spend one day with him! I can’t believe it. Vince’s answer when I mentioned it was “well, what the h*** are we going to do?”. Honestly, we can go site seeing, walk along the beach, even go bowling (I’ve seen where one person holds the baby while another bowls). I’m sure there are things to do. I just want him to tell her that we talked and decided to leave Tuesday. She does have to go to work, but we can stay out of her way, leave after she leaves, and close the garage door behind us. Update: I texted her this

After exercise stopped at the Salvation Army and made a donation. Then stopped by a Dollar General and the store was having ½ off all their summer things so got some inflatables for next year. Then stopped at Big Lots to see if they had Vince’s bread (they didn’t) and thought “oh, I’ll just see if their summer things are still 50% off. Well, they were 75% off. Got these floating things that you can use in the pool to put your drink in. For 4 of them it was only $6. Vince doesn’t like the idea of encouraging people to drink in the pool, I feel “what’s the big deal” so I’m going to keep them. Then, on a whim I decided to stop at the Dollar General by me. Well, their summer things were 75% off. So I bought even things I got at the store that were 50% off and I’ll return the 50% off things. Then went in the pool

NYKaren – grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Carol – an IP is something the kids can get me. Jessica, in particular, would like me to have one so I think she might be more inclined to get one for me

Lanette – good luck Monday!

Katla – so sorry you missed your yoga. I know what a bummer it is when you are looking forward to something and it doesn’t happen

Went to this laser show at the local Science Center. Was pretty good. Vince didn't want to go so I went by myself.

Michele in NC
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Machka, happy anniversary! Wishing you both many more years of happiness!
    And I'm all caught up!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island