Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a very small pantry. I wish it were bigger, but it works.
    h0xieox8jfq4.jpeg

Okie in the TX Hill Country

My pantry used to be a coat closet. I have floor to ceiling space and an organizer hanging on the door. Really wish it was wider, but it’s better than what I had before I converted the closet.

Connie in KY
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    On my lunch walk today ... the sunshine is back!! :)

vc4vmh15ufmw.jpg
    bndcuy77c7dg.jpg

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Amber - You look great! Are you in normal BMI yet? You certainly look near. <3

When we go to the Paris House for the music we always end up talking to the next table. This time it was two female friends. We tried to persuade them to come to the Swing dance classes. :D They start again in abut ten days. I've really missed it. Our teachers got married on August 10th. It was a horrible, windy, rainy day! :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Feeling very tired today, had a lovely night out last night with good friends, didn't drink too much, but eating meal of lasagne/salad and pitta bread at 9pm was a bit late for me (I'm usually winding down ready for bed) mind you I still managed to eat a very small portion of bramble and apply crumble with a spoonful of custard! :)>:)

Still catching up, but need to get ready to take mum shopping.

Love to all
    Viv UK <3<3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Carol GA - Was very very similar Extreme Apostolic Pentecostals. (Got friends who escaped Mormon y A weird Jehovah Witness sect same situation).
    Rules:
    1.no makeup 💄
    2.Long clothes cover cover cover
    3. No cutting of hair for girls
    4. No jewelry just plain band if married.
    5. No BIRTH Control allowed!!!
    6. Children born into it can be married off to older men or any man
    7. No Lesbianism allowed
    8. No electronics for Women allowed
    9. Husband decides a lot! Keeps you up at night cleaning to starvation periods.
    10. Anything done right you get punished your told Gods angry with you called a sin. Like when there was a spot in a dish I washed I got my head bashed into food cans for it.
    11. If try to run taken to homes y punished far away from where you live until your children y you give in. (Moms sin is child’s sin if girl so they get punished for yours).
    12. Boys are allowed way way more than girls their education is important...girls are not.
    13. Medicine is a sin (Got to pray harder!)
    14. Doctors are not sought for females but men can go anytime boys too. So you can have a broken foot if you whine enough from the foot they broke (I was pregnant when Abuser broke it) maybe in a week or two you can get help maybe.
    15. Etc etc etc serve men food while your starved for days kids too. (Learned to hide food y Daughter his food from school stockpiles) when in the punishment home for trying to run away I cooked crawfish to rats I caught so we could eat. There was no food there they had MIL with me y Daughter. They hid her later on again She died of starvation her heart gave out I had just been awarded custody after escaping but I was too late. Daughter still grieves for her. She was secretly Catholic his a bible in her sewing basket in a secret compartment but they found it. I took the Bible y ran so when they searched it they found nothing. Sister-in-law’s to nieces married at 13,17,9,etc . Already pregnant fast yet no one noticed so many Children same name children giving birth! Judge in the town was same religion after providing impartiality 2 other judges came in .1 as a main plus 1 for final verdict on top of original judge. I got custody was the 1st because I fought long over 3years y hard to get custody of my child! Opened a flood gate to ALL are free now.

Amber Tx.

Amber Warren Jeffs?

Karen in Virginia

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Machka: Love the new propic!
    Karen: I've been eating Marmite since I got married. My DFiL used to put it on our toast in the morning. He said it would put hair on our chests! If you like savoury things (and I do!) you'll probably love Marmite. Antipodian version is Vegimite. Marmite is quite salty. We have tried the new low salt version, and may swap to that in future.
    Meg: (((hugs))) Hope you are feeling better.

I have a gynae appointment this morning to check up on my prolapse. Wish me luck!

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    I love Marmite, and mainly have it on crumpets in the winter. Also on Ryvita. Edie likes it on pasta! I tend to slather it on quite thickly. :o

NYKAREN - Meant to say, I love your daughter's new hair style. :D Bangs and all. I used to have a very long fringe, but hot flashes put paid to that!

Quiet day today. Getting warmer. Having sea bass tonight to recoup some calories.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    I am up having my tea.. and will hop on the shower.. today is a hard day for me we are finalizing my dads accounts with attorney so have to take the estate checkbook and write a bunch of checks.. of course they want all the proof that I paid what I did on dads accounts.. so I am not a great file keeper, but have it all together I think. then working 11-5 going to go to bed early tonight as I have to leave early am to go over to Plainville to see the hot air balloon launch ,,, it is so awesome... I went last year...then Alot of cleaning here and getting my mortgage stuff together, and find out what the heck they are doing..
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka: Love the new propic!
    Karen: I've been eating Marmite since I got married. My DFiL used to put it on our toast in the morning. He said it would put hair on our chests! If you like savoury things (and I do!) you'll probably love Marmite. Antipodian version is Vegimite. Marmite is quite salty. We have tried the new low salt version, and may swap to that in future.
    Meg: (((hugs))) Hope you are feeling better.

I have a gynae appointment this morning to check up on my prolapse. Wish me luck!

☘️ Terri

Yeah, it's all Vegemite here ... cannot stand the stuff!

M in Oz
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    =============

=============
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    last day of riding in to work this morning. a straight 5weeks. then still riding but going to give my legs a break for that long distance (1-1/5mi to gym and then 11.83mi to work in the morning). after 2 wks break, then the MS ride.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Friday! Lauren called me again last night; but right before I went to bed. Joaquin, being the very stubborn two year old that he is, is fighting them on taking his meds. Lauren was frustrated because for about two hours she had been trying every method she could think of to get it into him. I ended up telling her to wait a while, or just not give it to him tonight, and give it to him when he wakes up. She was not happy with my answer, as she wants as much into him so that he is in good shape to go to daycare tomorrow (today). She hung up frustrated and angry that I didn't have a solution for her. ONce again, took me a while to get to sleep and then I must have slept with my teeth clenched because jaws ache and headache this morning. Lauren gets really angry when I tell her that Joaquin is just like her. She did take medicine really well when she was small, but that is because she was born needing meds daily. It is the headstrong attitude. He is JUST like her. She is in for an interesting ride.
    I have pantry envy!-My dry goods are kept in two and a half cupboards above the counter top and near the stove. BUT...I have to say, I don't have to refill or replenish often, because the majority of my meals are meat and veg or beans/rice and veg. Beth- I love your "between the studs" pantry solution! I hope to build an upright shelf that will roll out from between the fridge and the wall. It will fit possibly cleaning supplies and other miscellaneous things that are taking up cupboard space, so that I have the cupboards for more dry goods or small appliances. Eventually, when I get my flooring in the kitchen replaced, I would like to build a bench seat along one wall (with storage space inside), and also have a rectangular farm table (and get rid of the oval one). Because of my job, my kitchen is a mish mash of kitchen/art studio/learning center. Never see it in House Beautiful. House Crazy maybe!
    Amber-You look fantastic in your button up dress!
    Meg- OH no! Glad you got things taken care of and hope you are feeling more yourself, soon! Sending hugs! <3
    Cheri and Sue K- I see our <3 and send it back. Hope you are both well!
    Vegemite/Marmite- lol I will pass! A few years back, I prepared a unit on Australia (I had ages eight-twelve year olds that summer) and I bought a jar of vegemite. Yeah, the kids tried it and all but one were not fans. The one that liked it, was eight years old and he would try anything and if the general consensus was "yuck" he would say "yum" and eat more. lol I consider myself an adventurous eater and this was one product I couldn't bring myself to like or even tolerate.
    Machka- I am also dealing with the return of hot flashes and night sweats. It has been a couple of years since I have had them, and now they are back-full force. Unfortunately for my hubby, they make me just a tad cranky. I don't seek him out to fuss about anything; but if he tries to talk to me, I tend to snap if I am in the middle of one. Not easy to be kind when your body is on fire! lol
    Thanks for the advice on the days I am under calorie. I am not going to sweat it if it happens from time to time.

Well, my first kiddo has arrived and is busily telling me about a cricket that he caught this morning and is trying to keep it alive with cheerios and carrots. :o I better fly! Love and hugs! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Deb in VA- Let your daughter know that she can do everything that needs to be done without seeing her pos ex! Perhaps the only time she will have to be face to face with him, would be in court. But due to the circumstances, maybe she wouldn't have to do that, either. Still sending prayers/vibes of strength for all of you! Love and hugs to you and your family!
  • Machka9
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Vegemite/Marmite- lol I will pass! A few years back, I prepared a unit on Australia (I had ages eight-twelve year olds that summer) and I bought a jar of vegemite. Yeah, the kids tried it and all but one were not fans. The one that liked it, was eight years old and he would try anything and if the general consensus was "yuck" he would say "yum" and eat more. lol I consider myself an adventurous eater and this was one product I couldn't bring myself to like or even tolerate.
    Machka- I am also dealing with the return of hot flashes and night sweats. It has been a couple of years since I have had them, and now they are back-full force. Unfortunately for my hubby, they make me just a tad cranky. I don't seek him out to fuss about anything; but if he tries to talk to me, I tend to snap if I am in the middle of one. Not easy to be kind when your body is on fire! lol
    Thanks for the advice on the days I am under calorie. I am not going to sweat it if it happens from time to time.

The first time I tried Vegemite, I spat it into the toilet and washed my tongue off it was that horrible.
    The second time I had it, I had been cycling quite a while and was very hungry, and my cycling partner had sandwiches ... only they were vegemite and liverwurst. I love liverwurst so that was fine, but that vegemite gets everywhere. You can't just scrape it off. And I was very hungry ... so I ate the sandwiches. That wasn't too bad. Fortunately the liverwurst was strong enough to kind of offset the vegemite.

I wouldn't mind feeling hot and sweating, but my hot flashes start with me feeling tingly all over like everything is falling asleep ... you know how a leg feels if you sit with it curled up under you for a while ... like that all over from head to toe. Then I feel nauseated and a little bit dizzy. Then I feel restless and I have to stand up and walk around. And just when I'm wondering what on earth ... I burst into the "flash" part.

I don't know if I have to up my medication (efexor) or what.

M in Oz
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Meg So sorry to see you have been so sick! Hope you are feeling better very soon!

Ladies Your pantries make me hang my head in shame! Mine is messy and filthy! So much work to get it in shape...but I am trying to get things done, and plan to succeed.

Amber It is so sad you have been through such a terrible time! You have really become strong and I admire how you have gotten through it all! Looking at the pictures...the eyes...it's haunting. I had the same look as a child. You look absolutely beautiful in your dress! Such a great feeling when you fit into something you haven't been able to wear.

Heather What a beautiful smile in the picture! It spreads joy!

I'm going today to visit my friend who had major surgery a couple of days ago. I stayed with her and her husband in the hospital the first night, and I have been pretty sore from all of the extra movement, but it is good for me. And I know she appreciates the company. My hubby drove me in case things didn't have a good outcome, as he knew I would be a basket case if things went south.

We had a wild storm yesterday. It's not very common here. We are protected by the mountains. But yesterday, as we went to check on my friend, there was hail and lightning - worse than I've seen probably since I moved to NC 16 years ago. Our power went out twice and I was concerned for my very spoiled greyhounds who don't like thunderstorms. We normally leave the TV on with music playing and of course without power it not only goes dark but extremely quiet. When we returned, puppies were very clingy and ready to see Mommy and Daddy! Treats and lots of cuddles seemed to make them happy again.

Luci in WNC
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Debby Don't worry about dredging up bad memories for those of us who went through abusive relationships. Speaking for myself, it's impossible to completely forget what happened anyway, and having someone talk about it in their life or their child's life just brings feelings of sadness for them.