Women 200lb+, Let's Soar This September!!!

Replies

• JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Hahaha my determination to say no disappeared, didn't even think to say no when someone offered me cake today. Oops! I don't feel bad as it was within my calories and I went to the pub and drank water, but still. So little willpower!

My targets and progress this week:
    1. Run at least 5 times (4 so far)
    2. Eat under 2000 calories per day (5 days in a row)
    3. Avoid sweets, cakes and biscuits six days of the week (broken there times)
    4. Drink alcohol a maximum of twice (once so far,even with a pub visit!).
    5. Drink eight glasses of water a day - 3 days in a row.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    edited September 2019
    Starting weight: 121.7kg/268.3lb
    Start weight this month: 117.2kg/258.3lb
    Goal weight this month 113kg/249lb
    Target goal weight 65kg/143lb

Loss so far this month: 1.2kg/2.6lb
    Total Loss: 5.7kg/12.6lb
    Height: 168cm (5'6")

• lilann1961
    lilann1961 Posts: 131 Member
    IsETHome wrote: Β»
    JMNagain wrote: Β»
    Had a brownie for lunch because it was a colleague's birthday so he bought them in. Really kind but I find I get derailed so often by friends and colleagues. I know it's my fault and I should say no, so tempting though! Anyone got any good willpower tips?!

1. Run at least 5 times (2 so far)
    2. Eat under 2000 calories per day (three days in a row)
    3. Avoid sweets, cakes and biscuits six days of the week (nope, two days of giving in to temptation already)
    4. Drink alcohol a maximum of twice (once so far).
    5. Drink eight glasses of water a day - managed it today!

Well - as long as you just had a brownie - call it lunch and move on, I'm sure it fit within a lunch calorie range. There are some things that are not "worth" eating. Store bought cookies in plastic container, not so good. Home made brownie good. The question for me is "is the taste worth the trade off". If I'm going to have fries, they better be good and hot and "exactly" how I want them - or why bother, not worth it. A standard cake mix cake - don't bother, a gourmet italian cream, yes. But smaller portion, and count it. There are a couple of items I simply don't eat because just 1 or 2 means I'm out of calories. For example a subway cookie is about 200 calories - a really big cookie at panera about 700 calories - I can't eat it because I run out of calories for the day. I focus on math and taste of the item. I'm a foodie.

I completely agree with this logic! I am a foodie as well, and I find most store bought things are not worth the calories/tradeoff. Homemade? Almost 100% across the board. While I never lacked in cooking tasty food skills, Pinterest has become my friend for new ways (and I can easily add it to the recipe calorie counter on MFP). And when coworkers bring in food, I go for the salsa and "extra" garden veggies, but always pass on the store bought cookies and cakes. I will say, if they were homemade brownies, I probably would have said yes too...and then added some water and a piece of fruit (I know, sugar...) or veggies. Balance is a good thing, even with the stuff presumed bad...and is needed for lifetime success!!
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Terytha wrote: Β»
    September is off to a rough, rough start. I ate 2000+ calories yesterday and Sunday, but also on Friday I ate under 100 and Saturday under 800.]

It's good you recognize it. Hmm, did that give you the excuse to eat more psychologically or were you really physically hungry? When I'm sick I try to taper in to take advantage of the fact I couldn't eat more at the time. Maybe work with a coach to come up with some coping mechanisms to avoid binging (depending on what the item (s) is/are). That being said some higher cal days aren't really binging except the products are so high in calories they are. If they were in the house, why were the items there to begin with, or were you just volume eating with good food?

I tend to eat more when I am with my Son (in his 20's), because he brings food to me, even when I don't ask for it - to be nice.

I like to go to bed "slightly" hungry a couple of times a week, because it reminds me that I'm on a weight loss journey, and that getting down is really important to my health. I feel like I'm achieving something that way.
  • keyssell
    keyssell Posts: 1 Member
    πŸπŸ‚πŸWelcome to autumn, everyone! We made it! πŸ‚πŸπŸ‚

If you're new to this group, we post our weekly/monthly goals and provide support and motivation for ourselves and each other.

Everyone is welcome! So if you feel like you belong here, then you do!!!

πŸ’›πŸ§‘πŸ’› Feel free to share scale and non-scale victories and let's rock this fall!!!! πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ§‘

How do I join this group???
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    keyssell wrote: Β»

If you're new to this group, we post our weekly/monthly goals and provide support and motivation for ourselves and each other.

πŸ’›πŸ§‘πŸ’› Feel free to share scale and non-scale victories and let's rock this fall!!!! πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ§‘

You just did. Welcome. ☺
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 350 Member
    keyssell wrote: Β»

Hi, @keyssell! Welcome!

All you need to do is post your weekly or monthly goals for September. I like to check in once or twice a week with updates about how I'm doing or anything I'm struggling with.

You can include your weight or not, it's up to you. This group is to give yourself accountability and encourage others! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ
  • StefWithF
    StefWithF Posts: 4 Member
    Oh do I need help staying motivated and support in dealing with the day-to-day struggles. I cope with stress/anger by eating! :😒 as a mom of two rambunctious kiddos and wife to an incredibly skinny man who sneezes and loses weight, I need to find my tribe!

SW: 267 (current)
    GW: 140
  • GR8TAWK
    GR8TAWK Posts: 90 Member
    My Goals for September:

1. 1200-1400 calories daily
    2. low/no sugar
    3. drink 64 oz water daily
    4. exercise 15 mins daily
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Thanks @IsETHome and @lilann1961 for the perspective. I know you're both right, and it was homemade and delicious, and I only had one when once upon a time I would have had four. And it fit into my calories so no harm done. I just get annoyed when I set myself mini-goals and then forget immediately! However, I am pleased with my weightloss this week so am doing something right.

@orangequilt I know what you mean! I am British but live in Romania, and the temptation when you can buy walkers, cadbury's or sweets is so tempting. Well done for not caving in, though!

Anyway, to day is my check-in day, so:
    SW:217.8
    Start of Sep weight: 210.6
    CW:207.6
    September goal: lose 12 lb
    Lost: 3lb

My goals last week:
    1. Run at least 5 times (ran six times, 36.8km in total)
    2. Eat under 2000 calories per day (more or less. went over yesterday slightly I think, but the average was definitely under so I am pleased with that).
    3. Avoid sweets, cakes and biscuits six days of the week (hahahahahhaa no. Did this three times I think. One to roll over to next week).
    4. Drink alcohol a maximum of twice (done. Three wines on sunday, four wines last night).

So my goals this week will be:
    1. Run at least 5 times, want to keep up the habit.
    2. avoid sweets, cakes and biscuits 5 times (hopefully more realistic)
    3. drink alcohol a maximum of twice
    4. Do yoga twice

Good luck this week everybody!
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    edited September 2019
    ama3387 wrote: Β»
    SW: 236lbs
    CW: 229.8 lbs
    GW: 223.5 lbs
    UGW: 158 lbs

9/7 - 229.5
  • DeeDavney
    DeeDavney Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2019
    SW 279.6 Cw. 269.2 gw 189 started this journey late august and off to a good start,...Working hard at eliminating bad habits and I find tracking my food here keeps me accountable. I've been walking on my treadmill everyday trying to make working out a habit also. goal for september to be 259.0
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @beedesro, Congratulations for being here. Be proud of the courage you have to make yourself vulnerable and seek support. You are welcome to add me as a friend. I have also been in your shoes, both with depression and going through a season of not caring where I gained 50 pounds in one year. I'm back at it baby and it feels really good. There is something comforting in logging and seeing the results. You can get through this and you will be so much stronger when you do!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    JMNagain wrote: Β»
    Had a brownie for lunch because it was a colleague's birthday so he bought them in. Really kind but I find I get derailed so often by friends and colleagues. I know it's my fault and I should say no, so tempting though! Anyone got any good willpower tips?!

I'll indulge in homemade treats or treats from a great bakery. You have to make sure the treat is worth the calories. When it is, I'll cut myself off a small portion and then I log it to the very best of my abilities. That way you don't insult someone, you don't feel left out and you don't feel deprived. Sometimes depriving ourselves results in us quitting all together. And that would be so much worse for your goals than having a 100 calorie brownie bite.