Women 200lb+, Let's Soar This September!!!

Replies

• gunnigal
    gunnigal Posts: 8 Member
    denjan333 wrote: »

If you’re going for feeling satiated, eat protein and fat. Carbs and soup may not be the best idea unless you can add more protein, fibre and fat. Maybe chili or something similar, like a burrito, Greek yogurt with fruit and or bran buds? Like meaty and cheesy.... something dense.

Honestly I’m feeling pretty similar. I’m having a hard time because I’m trying to lose too fast. My brain tells me to stop doing this but every time I see myself in the mirror I feel like I need to just stop eating altogether. I know it’s not healthy. I’m probably netting around 1000 calories a day. I am constantly hungry. Even after I eat.

I brought a small container of Greek yogurt for an extra snack today. I’m hoping that will get me past the worst hunger.

Good luck.[/quote]

I had a fruit and nut granola bar in my desk, with enough almonds and protein to get me past the food crazies (what we call it in our house when hungry makes us cranky). I knew soup and bread, though delicious, wouldn't be the right choice, and I appreciate some support in my decision.

I lost my first 10 pounds pretty easily, but now it's moving very slowly, and I understand what you mean about wanting to just stop eating until it comes off. But we both know that's not a good approach. It'll come back if we try that, and we run a greater risk of breaking down and binging because we're so hungry that we're not making good choices.

Trying for a veggie-heavy stir fry tonight, and popcorn as a snack before bed if I'm still hungry. Thanks for the help, team!
  • ShawnaE10123
    ShawnaE10123 Posts: 68 Member
    edited September 2019

Never a dull moment in our house haha I am looking forward to getting into a routine and meal prepping. It will help the chaos!
    Anyone have tips for meal prep?
  • GR8TAWK
    GR8TAWK Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2019
    denjan333 wrote: »
    Just found this delightful group. I need to be accountable to keep me motivated.
    SW: 288.8
    GW: 200
    9/10/19: 277.4.

Goal for September is to: lose a total of 15 pounds for my first month since I lose a lot of water when I first begin.

My exercise is limited due to my knee problem. I do go to the pool in my community 3 times per week.

It appears that I’m older than you ladies at 67, but I’m having problems staying on my low carb lifestyle long term. In 2016, at 324 lbs, I began a new lifestyle of eating low carb, and for 20 months I was true to this new way of eating, lost 96 lbs, and my doctors were thrilled with the results. We relocated from Dallas to Florida in 2017 and was able to keep it off, although not losing anymore than the 96. About March 2019 my eating spiraled out of control & I’m back up to 288. Low carb has been the only plan that has worked for me and as long as my routine blood work remains good this is the plan for me. In 2006, I had a gastric bypass at 420 lbs. list to 288 and gained back up to 324 before I began my low carb/Keto in May 2016. Now I need a knee replacement and must lose to 200 lbs to have the surgery. Appetite control is my biggest challenge. I wish you all success in meeting your goals and look forward to our mutual support!

You can and will do this. You know what it’s going to take to accomplish your goals, and nothing worth doing is ever easy. We’re here to support you on this journey.

• HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    SW 6/26/19 326.4
    9/1/19 291
    9/11/19 288.8

Sept loss so far: 2.2
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    Never a dull moment in our house haha I am looking forward to getting into a routine and meal prepping. It will help the chaos!
    Anyone have tips for meal prep?

I work Monday to Friday so I use Saturday to plan meals for the week and relaxing then Sunday is shop and meal prep. We make lunches and dinners that last 3-4 days each. Chop and store veggies. I weigh/measure out cereal into baggies. Fruit into single servings. Anything to make it super easy all week.
  • nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    Frustrating. I had a mini gain of 0.8 this week... which was only frustrating because it felt like I had a great week.
    Exercise was more easily fitting into my day-to-day and weekly schedule, I made good food choices, and increased my water intake.
    Part of me didn't want to acknowledge the gain because I didn't want that to discourage what felt like progress this week, but I'm hoping that if I push through and keep going with what I've been doing, the results will show up on the scale next week.
    (However THANKFULLY instead of eating my frustration, I channeled that negative energy in a small power-shop. I ran into a really good online sale on workout clothes and decided to restock for the fall & winter.)
    Could have been worse?
  • denjan333
    nicruns wrote: »
    Frustrating. I had a mini gain of 0.8 this week... which was only frustrating because it felt like I had a great week.
    Exercise was more easily fitting into my day-to-day and weekly schedule, I made good food choices, and increased my water intake.
    Part of me didn't want to acknowledge the gain because I didn't want that to discourage what felt like progress this week, but I'm hoping that if I push through and keep going with what I've been doing, the results will show up on the scale next week.
    (However THANKFULLY instead of eating my frustration, I channeled that negative energy in a small power-shop. I ran into a really good online sale on workout clothes and decided to restock for the fall & winter.)
    Could have been worse?

There are lots of reasons these little gains can happen. I've had that experience as well - had a stellar week, did everything right, but didn't get that reward from the scale. It can definitely be frustrating! I also find that the following week will be a bigger loss than normal. Personally, I find it weird that weight loss happens in big chunks, rather than smaller losses daily. I don't understand it, but I can at least accept that weight loss is not linear. We just have to keep at it and keep posting those stellar weeks. It's going to work in the long run.
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    @sthurman we have very similar stats! And feel much the same, it's frustrating losing only a pound or so at a time but I know it's the best way so I'm sticking at it.

Good day today, had a lovely 8.4km run, ate well, and didn't snack. Whoop!
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Checking in! I can't remember if my check-in day is Saturday or Sunday, but never mind.
    SW:217.8
    Start of Sep weight: 210.6
    CW:206.6
    September goal: lose 12 lb
    Lost: 4lb

@nicruns good idea about taking stock. Whilst I have not lost as much weight as I would like, it's still a sensible amount and I have improved some of my habits, especially running and less alcohol. Now to log well and improve my willpower around cakes and biscuits!

My goals last week:
    1. Run at least 5 times (met).
    2. Avoid sweets, cakes and biscuits six days of the week (no. did it five times though I think).
    3. Drink alcohol a maximum of twice (done. but big nights out on both Friday and Saturday, so goodness knows how many calories I got though).
    4. Do yoga twice (managed once).

So this week I will aim to:
    1. Run at least 5 times
    2. Avoid sweets, cakes and biscuits six days of the week.
    3. Drink alcohol a maximum of twice.
    4. Log everything. This has gone off the boil this week, and I know I underestimate massively if I don't log well.

Enjoy the week everyone!
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    ama3387 wrote: »
    SW: 236lbs
    CW: 229.8 lbs
    GW: 223.5 lbs
    UGW: 158 lbs

9/15 -226.0 ( -3.8 lbs)
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    SW 288 GW 144 Let's rock Sept! 🍁
    9/1 241.2.
    9/8. 239.9
    9/15 237.8
    9/22
    9/29
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Mid month update:
    SW: 286.5
    9/1/19: 248.0
    9/15/19: 243.7
    GW: 180

Goals for the month of September:
    Burn 3000 calories a day (per fitbit device): 13/14 days
    Drink 150 oz water a day: 9/14 days
    Walk 5 miles a day (per fitbit device), 11,000 steps: 13/14 days
    Lose 8 pounds: 4.3 lost so far - on track
    Log food everyday, for better or for worse. 14/14 days

Drinking all the water I should has been the biggest challenge. Also finding it harder and harder to burn 3000 calories as the weight drops, which means I need to increase my activity!

• denjan333
    Status update:
    9/1: 257.0 lbs
    9/15: 252.8 lbs

Lost 4.2 lbs yaayy!

Goals were:
    1. Lose 8 lbs - on track!
    2. Walk 30 mins a day - so far about 50/50 on this so have to try harder
    3. Meal plan weekly - yup!

I’m feeling pretty good right now other than kinda hungry most of the time. Since I usually eat quite a bit less than my allotted calories, I think that on Wednesday or Thursday every week I’m going to ensure I eat at my full allotment. I’m hoping that’ll curb the hunger a bit and I will feel satiated. I have to remind myself it’s a marathon and not a sprint.
  • ShawnaE10123
    ShawnaE10123 Posts: 68 Member
    SW: 232.0
    CW: 205.6
    GW:150.0

9/1 218.4lbs
    9/8 210.6lbs
    9/15 205.6lbs

-5lbs this week
    -12.8lbs in September so far

My goal for this week is to continue tracking everything. Increase my water intake. Walk 5 days a week for atleast 30 mins.