Women 200lb+, Let's Soar This September!!!

Replies

• miarosefri1
    miarosefri1 Posts: 3 Member
    Starting weight: 200
    September goal: 190
    End goal weight: 160

Definitely going to try and make more of my food at home and not eat out as much at work. Eating out for lunch has been killing my diet AND my wallet. I'd also like to try and start going to the gym once a week for some sort of class so it's more fun for me. Here's to September!
  • ChickieBoom22
    ChickieBoom22 Posts: 71 Member
    I’m having a good September so far. I haven’t been exercising like I should but I can change that easily. I have spin class tomorrow so that will help me get back to it. I have been walking a lot so that’s better than nothing. And it feels really good to be able to walk again. At my heaviest it was a struggle. I was always uncomfortable and in pain and out of breath.
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    Just found this delightful group. I need to be accountable to keep me motivated.
    SW: 288.8
    GW: 200
    9/10/19: 277.4.

Goal for September is to: lose a total of 15 pounds for my first month since I lose a lot of water when I first begin.

My exercise is limited due to my knee problem. I do go to the pool in my community 3 times per week.

It appears that I’m older than you ladies at 67, but I’m having problems staying on my low carb lifestyle long term. In 2016, at 324 lbs, I began a new lifestyle of eating low carb, and for 20 months I was true to this new way of eating, lost 96 lbs, and my doctors were thrilled with the results. We relocated from Dallas to Florida in 2017 and was able to keep it off, although not losing anymore than the 96. About March 2019 my eating spiraled out of control & I’m back up to 288. Low carb has been the only plan that has worked for me and as long as my routine blood work remains good this is the plan for me. In 2006, I had a gastric bypass at 420 lbs. list to 288 and gained back up to 324 before I began my low carb/Keto in May 2016. Now I need a knee replacement and must lose to 200 lbs to have the surgery. Appetite control is my biggest challenge. I wish you all success in meeting your goals and look forward to our mutual support!

You can and will do this. You know what it’s going to take to accomplish your goals, and nothing worth doing is ever easy. We’re here to support you on this journey.
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Getting back on track after my bad weekend. Didn't run yesterday but eating was better. then today I ran and ate well, so better all round!
    A progress check on my goals:

1. Run at least 5 times - 1 run so far
    2. avoid sweets, cakes and biscuits 5 times - ate trash two days in a row so now I have to do 5 clean days. We will see!
    3. drink alcohol a maximum of twice - none yet
    4. Do yoga twice - did on Sunday, need to book another one.
    Zero exercise other than chasing my 4 yr old and 2 yr old around haha

You have a 4yr old, a 2yr old and a newborn?! Wow that sounds busy!

• SW:330
    GW: not sure yet

Goal is to maintain my weight and not gain anything. I want to track daily, drink 80oz of water, and walk 3 times per week.
  • saweeks78
    saweeks78 Posts: 9 Member
    September goal 225
    Starting weigh 230
    Biggest goal eat my protein drink my water! Sounds simple. :#
  • saweeks78
    saweeks78 Posts: 9 Member
    saweeks78 wrote: »
    September goal 225
    Starting weigh 350
    Current weight 230
    Biggest goal eat my protein drink my water! Sounds simple. :#

• kittyknin2011
    kittyknin2011 Posts: 1 Member
    I love this idea!
    Starting weight: 219
    September goal: 200?
    Current weight: 211.6

Started Paleo Lifestyle after doctor recommended it for weight loss. Just trying to shed the baby weight. My son is almost a year and a half and I've put it off too long.
  • gunnigal
    gunnigal Posts: 8 Member
    It was a rough weekend, but I'm getting back on track. I just feel like I'm not doing it in the healthiest way. I was busy and mostly forgot to eat on Monday, then Tuesday I saved a bunch of my calories for a drink with my husband before bed. Today I'm starving after 3 days of not eating enough, and I'm worried that I'm going to cave. I have already had breakfast and lunch, and I'm thinking about what else I can eat that won't send me over a caloric cliff. I am considering a bowl of chicken noodle soup from Panera, because even with the bread that comes on the side, it's only about 280 calories. Of course, I could get an apple instead, but what I want is something more satisfying. Trying to stay the course! Any suggestions for a snack I can grab for this afternoon that won't leave me still feeling hungry, but will also feel somewhat satisfying?
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    edited September 2019
    Starting weight: 121.7kg/268.3lb on 4th August 2019
    Start weight this month: 117.2kg/258.3lb
    Goal weight this month: 113kg/249lb
    Target goal weight: 65kg/143lb

Current Weight: 114.4kg/252.2lb
    Loss so far this month: 2.8kg/6.17lb
    Total Loss: 7.3kg/16.0lb
    Height: 168cm (5'6")

• MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    gunnigal wrote: »
    It was a rough weekend, but I'm getting back on track. I just feel like I'm not doing it in the healthiest way. I was busy and mostly forgot to eat on Monday, then Tuesday I saved a bunch of my calories for a drink with my husband before bed. Today I'm starving after 3 days of not eating enough, and I'm worried that I'm going to cave. I have already had breakfast and lunch, and I'm thinking about what else I can eat that won't send me over a caloric cliff. I am considering a bowl of chicken noodle soup from Panera, because even with the bread that comes on the side, it's only about 280 calories. Of course, I could get an apple instead, but what I want is something more satisfying. Trying to stay the course! Any suggestions for a snack I can grab for this afternoon that won't leave me still feeling hungry, but will also feel somewhat satisfying?

It's always a problem when you are still hungry but you are near the end of your calories. I usually have popcorn in the evening as it tends to be filling but quite low calorie. I buy bags of 'Proper' popcorn as it says how many calories per bag.
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    gunnigal wrote: »

If you’re going for feeling satiated, eat protein and fat. Carbs and soup may not be the best idea unless you can add more protein, fibre and fat. Maybe chili or something similar, like a burrito, Greek yogurt with fruit and or bran buds? Like meaty and cheesy.... something dense.

Honestly I’m feeling pretty similar. I’m having a hard time because I’m trying to lose too fast. My brain tells me to stop doing this but every time I see myself in the mirror I feel like I need to just stop eating altogether. I know it’s not healthy. I’m probably netting around 1000 calories a day. I am constantly hungry. Even after I eat.

I brought a small container of Greek yogurt for an extra snack today. I’m hoping that will get me past the worst hunger.

Good luck.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    I've not been so consistent about logging EVERYTHING I'm eating, and as a result, my loss has slowed. I'm jumping back in.

SW: 281.0
    CW: 196.6
    September goal weight: 193
    Ultimate goal weight: 175 (?)

My goals for this month are to track CONSISTENTLY. It works. I just need to do it.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    I'm on the fence between having a toasted bagel or a tossed salad with chickpeas for dinner.

Polar opposites, I know. 😞