Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    B)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA - Holding the little ballerina up in prayer. It is so scary and seems unfair for such a young child. Big Hugs.

Janetr OKC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Athena- Such a healthy baby the way they used to be! Seeing my 2nd cousins babies recently their so underweight the Doctor thinks their perfect! Got ribs showing that’s not healthy at all ! Wish they’d listen to this old woman’s wisdom not like I’m out of the loop since I know the issues facing today’s moms versus yesterday’s. 2nd Cousins baby Doctor calls her average y healthy no wonder her generation all have anemic babies! Doctor telling her how much to breastfeed to eat well I say if baby still hungry feed it! Doctor now of days say let it cry wait for scheduling. Doesn’t seem right to me! Her baby born 4/20/2019 so she’s I think a month older than Athena now this was her 4months picture .
    j652443eqzqb.jpeg

Mexico- If I go I can communicate just fine just not big on travel do to JR y my motion sickness.Will probably go someday tho to MIL hometown.
    Amber Tx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Baby Athena is absolutely gorgeous. The little thumb in her mouth just melted my heart. Thanks for sharing your little princess with us <3

Janetr OKC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    JR at 4 months I ignored the Doctor they called him fat he was healthy now he’s thin right up like they all do.
    37gx4gwk43ih.jpeg
    Amber Tx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Barbara I can relate!!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    :)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Air fryer - cheesy Chicken sandwich 🥪

Swiss cheese 70cal slice (or vegan)
    Shredded cheese 4tsp
    Wheat bread 🍞 (or other)
    Spinach 1-2cups
    Fajita chicken (shredded baked chicken with fajita seasonings) or plain or vegan meat.
    Margarine a tab or sliver on top
    9min At 350* air fryer or toaster oven
    Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    Options
    &&&&&&&&&
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mid-day break :smiley:

KK = Karen in Virginia I'm sending well wishes for the daughter of your partner's coworker. That's gotta be tough on all :/

Thanks for the tip about inserting photos inside the spoiler brackets. I though I had done that, but obviously not :s Oh, and thank you for the words of encouragement re: going to the gym. I've never much liked gyms, but the one we went to last evening has a pool and I do like swimming laps.

Lisa in AR It's nice to be acknowledged for our talents, eh? Especially when it comes as a surprise <3

Allie So sorry about your Chester :/ I touches my heart to hear you and DH are as devoted to him as I presume he has been to the two of you. Letting go is hard, sometimes :'(

Beth near Buffalo Re: your DH hanging on to his job . . ."Tomorrow I'll convince him it's an adventure!"
    You're one powerful woman! Hehe :wink:

Lanette Well, I think they're long enough. The one I'm wearing one now hits about 3 inches below the crease in my groin (i.e. thigh level). I'm just shy of 5'8" - 200# and 40D. L is just right for me; XL a little too big. From J Jill, directly, they're $29 ea. If you go through a 3rd party distributor (Shoprunner.com) they'll usually provide a discount if you buy two at once. Last time I bought two was this last May for $24 ea. Return/Exchanged one bcuz didn't favor the color, but that was quick and easy. I also find them on eBay and snatch them up for $5-$10 used. L is just right for me; XL a little too big.

Rebecca Your Athena is absolutely adorable!!!!

Vaccines I got vaccinated for the flu on two occasions over the course of some 10 years, many years ago. Despite being vaccinated those years, I got very sick in the years I got those vaccines so I avoided getting vaccinated since. But growing older means one's immune system isn't as strong. Last year I came down with three very bad flu/URIs. Growing older also means one gets wiser, right? This year I will get both flu vaccines and the shingles vaccines! And plan to borrow some of Barbara's powers and convince by BF to do the same o:)

TTYL
    Rho (south of PDX)

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Volunteered at the Green Room then went in the pool. I think my float has a slow leak in it. Fortunately, we have another one. Then strung some popcorn. I’ve found that I can do a little, go in the pool, do a bit more etc.

Pip – I like that you can change the battery yourself, but it looks like the HR is only displayed on your phone. It doesn’t look like it has a watch that you wear. See, mine, even tho it’s only a Timex, has a watch that I can look at and immediately know if my HR is out of range. I also like that it looks like this is a material strap that goes around my chest and not a piece of plastic. Mine is plastic. But like I said, I only wear it for spinning since my HR can get really high in no time at all. It also comes down really fast, but many times I don’t want it to get real real high

Rebecca – cheeto vs keto….lol

Rita – 10 years, fantastic. Vince was just cleared for 10 years, too. I hope I am when I have to go next year. But if not…oh well

Karen VA – prayers

Michele in NC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Amber, my 6’5” 140 lb son was a total chubs at 6 months old. The trend at the time was nothing but breast milk for the first six months of life. He still chooses healthy over junk every time, and he is 39.

Re bras: no shelf bras for me. I wish. Sigh. The only bra that fits me correctly is a Wacoal 38H. Those babies aren’t cheap, but I have tried others and they just don’t fit or are uncomfortable. I have found a sports bra made by Glamorise that I like for working out and lounging around the house. It isn’t cheap either but I can sometimes find it on sale.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Dandl! That is a huge milestone!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited September 2019
    Options
    DR Katie Bug do you remember his weight or height at different ages? Trying to figure out how tall JR will be or a growth pattern for taller kids who become tall adults.NBA gave me a link to where Shaq baby heights were recorded so far JRs beating them in shoe y height area ! Weight JRs 40lbs 2 1/2yrs old at the moment tripping over his big feet lol 😂 he weeee bit clumsy but growing into his feet finally.Of course 1 growth spurt will undo that. His feet stopped growing at the moment which is a blessing since we’re a size away from adult shoes.
    nx1bkiyx3o94.jpeg
    0qo94lyv9lwl.jpeg
    6cgff1z94tvl.jpeg
    Amber Tx

He passed out height prediction already. This is a picture of a relative yes in a big big chair yet he swamps it 7ft + happens in our family a lot.
    JR shoe size 12&13’s
    Weight 40lbs
    Height 4ft tall
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    DJMKT wrote: »
    @barbiecat - thank you, hope I can maintain the same positive attitude as your friend.

@Okiewoman510 - I am a curly hair girl as well. I love Deva’s products to help manage my curls. Like you I typically use my fingers and scrunch, unless I get ambitious and decide to blow out and straighten it.

I’ve used Deva products. I am using LUS products now. I love them!!!! Only 1 product, no more cocktail of mouse, gel, oil, whatever.

Okie
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @dandl1986 Congratulations! That is a great result!

• Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Rho97070 wrote: »
    Bras I like wearing tank tops that have shelf bra. https://jjill.com/product/perfect-shelf-bra-tank XL runs more like XXL. Nice wide straps. Easy laundering. Super comfy and they last forever. Fabric is medium weigh, thus the nips don't show. When not wearing one of them, I wear an underwire - I like that it rests against my ribs and stays in place, otherwise, I'd be adjusting things often.
    u5izncy0vrkj.png

I can vouch for the quality of this exact item. I have worn mine for over 10 years going back to when this was a layer I put on under a suit. Now, because they have faded and I don't wear suits, they are part of my workout wardrobe, and they are still in great shape. 👍👍👍

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Congrats dandl

NYKaren - so happy your fall wasn't serious

Michele in NC