grateful

café
    café cat
    the unsmiling waiter at café had an edge of a smile today
    the bank manager finally sorted something out
    some progress in administrative papers

Accomplished in past 24 hours
    some paperwork
    house in medium ok shape (relatively speaking)
    sent several work mails and made some necessary calls

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty anxious and I find it hard to work on long term projects (that require a specific action today). gonna try to google some music to work by-that worked ok last time
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    On the topic of bras, if they made training bras big enough to go around me, I'd be just fine.

Janetr OKC

P.S. Who ever heard of a fat old lady with no boobs? ;)

Except you’re not fat!

Okie
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Had a phone call with an old uni friend this morning. :D We have trouble finding a time to chat, so it was nice to have 30 mins or so. She called me while I was exercising, so I didn't answer the call, and then called her back. I hardly ever have a call on the home phone these days, but my DDIL also called us and we have provisionally arranged for her to visit for the weekend when we return from the cruise. She is always super busy as well, so an August visit has ended up as October!

DH is home today as the cricket match finished a day early. Hampshire won! It was lovely to have his company while exercising. I really struggle when he is not here. I do it, but it takes every ounce of my willpower.

Hope to run this afternoon. It seems ages since I last did a 5k. It might be too hot though. Turning humid.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Lisa - are you still using the rower you bought? :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Friday! My cold is still hanging in there; but seems to be content to just be a little niggling scratchiness in my throat. Grrr... I have been doing pretty good on my food choices the past couple of weeks; so last night I treated myself (I don't know why we/I do this; reward myself with food) to a meal at Burger King, since I was on my way to a meeting and hadn't had time for dinner at home. Well, a funny thing happened. I began eating in the car and got half of my burger eaten and a fly (Beth, I know you will appreciate this) landed on my french fries! He managed to crawl over them while I put my sandwich down, rubbing his filthy little front legs together like they do. I shooed him off my fries and he landed on my straw in my drink! Gah! I shooed him off that and, of course, that little flying bas*ard landed on my half eaten burger! Was it a test from God? God:"Hmmm...let's see if this glutton will continue eating her food if I put a disgusting fly on it!" Or some sort of "help" from the Good Choices Fairy? I don't know. Needless to say, the rest of my meal went into the trash, uneaten. I made it through my meeting fine after only half of a meal. Got home and laid out my clothes for this morning (a pair of capris I haven't been able to fit into this summer). AND...when I got dressed, the capris fit. So...maybe there is a use for flies?
    Rebecca- Oh, that Athena! And her thumb! She is adorable and please don't put her in a spoiler! No babies, grandchildren, fur babies in spoilers! These are the souls that help us/motivate us to be better people! Don't hide them!
    Dandl- Woo-hoo! Onederland! I am hoping to join you there, soon!
    Bras- I am (and since puberty) have always been bigger than a c cup. I LOVE a good support bra and if that means underwire...bring that on. I can't go braless. It is just one of those quirky things about me. I feel naked and sick (as in ill) without a bra. I would walk around without panties (yes, I was one of those people who would go commando before I would have a pantyline show, back in the day) before I would go braless. Just me.
    Karen VA- prayers for your friend's daughter! So sad!

Well, kiddos are arriving! It is another rainy morning (it has been rainy all week). So glad it is Friday (hoping the full moon and the fact that it is the 13th will have zero effect on the kids)! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Will take the water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jillian Michael’s Killer abs DVD. This is another new one for me so we shall see. Honestly, I never really wanted the killer abs DVD in the series, but I got this DVD so cheaply that I couldn’t turn it down.

Rhonda – I’m always always over carb limit. I’m most times under calorie limit, but not carbs. And I know the reason is because I love my fruits too much

Bananas – I’ve heard of spades, can you give me a really short synopsis of it? I know I made a post last night and it’s not showing. I bet what happened is that instead of pushing “post” I pushed the button “review post”. Well, I know it wasn’t long or anything.

After exercise I need to go to this one lady to have her quilt a lapquilt for me. That’s one craft that I absolutely hate to do. Afterwards, I want to stop at the Salvation Army, then Big Lots to see if they have Vince’s bread, then WalMart if I have time, depending on the time I need to stop at the bank then the soup kitchen. If I run out of time, I’ll go to WalMart and/or the bank after the soup kitchen.

Allie – you awe me in how you can forgive Tom after all he did to you. I honestly don’t know that I can do that, at least at first.

Lisa – “boobs jumping ship”, you have a way with words, that’s for sure

Ladies – I have somewhat a bit of a dilemma. See, for her whole life, since she could talk, Denise has said that she wanted my wedding rings. Well, when Pete told us he was going to ask Denise to marry him, he then showed us a ring he bought her “to show her he loved her”. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that’s not love. Love is not saying “I know what you want, I know what I want, but the heck with what you want I’m going to do what I want”. Love is saying “I know what you want, I know what I want, but I’ll put my feelings aside BECAUSE I love you”. He seems to have this idea of his plan. He wants to keep their townhouse for 2 or 3 years, then rent it out for the income and buy his “forever” home. Well, nothing is forever. I never in my life thought Vince would be transferred to Kennett Square. After all, Mars had been in the same area of NJ since year 1. When they built an ISI office, it was near Hackettstown. So never did I think they’d build another building away from the Hackettstown area. Yet, that’s what happened.

Well, last night Denise was talking to us about how we needed to change our will to include the baby. Why she brought this up is beyond me. I don’t ever remember saying to my father how he needed to change his will to include my children. Anyway, when PJ was born I remember Pete saying things like “and I’ll play baseball with him”. I seriously wonder how he’d take it if PJ wanted to be, say, an artist and had no interest in sports. What if he felt he wanted to even experiment with a gay lifestyle? That’s not in Pete’s plan. I know Denise really wants my rings. I’d like to keep them in the family but I can see Pete thinking “I need to pay for the furniture (they bought all new), this townhouse (new) and my “forever” home, I’ll just sell these rings and get the money”. They are worth a pretty penny. Well, they’re over 50 years old. My mother was one of those people who preferred to have a small diamond but a good one. My father’s second wife was just the opposite, very materialistic. Had to have a big showy ring when they got married, but the fact is that it wasn’t worth anything near what my ring is worth.

Denise said that she’d wear it on the other hand. Ahhhh…that’s not what it is. She said she’d wear it, just switch it out. Ahhh….I’d always be worried that it would get stolen or lost. I’d really like to keep them in the family. She did say that she’d fight Jess tooth and nail for the rings (Jess is the executor of our will).

Vince and I don’t plan to die in the near future. Neither of us has any type of disease.

Remember how Pete wanted to have the food he wanted on Mother’s Day, cooked the way he wanted, at the place he wanted? He said to me at one point “well, it’s really easier for you to come up here, after all, you’re retired” Does that mean that the only way I’ll ever get to see my grandchild is to come up there? For years we’ve had to convince Denise to come here at least for Christmas. Now is she going to use the “I can’t because of the baby” excuse. I’m sorry, to me that’s just an excuse. I had 3 small children, yet every year (ok, it was only once/year) we drove 2 days to spend a week in FL with my inlaws. What does he think we do with our time? Sit around and do nothing? “I really don’t want to drive” When they brought PJ home from the hosp. I went outside and said to him “why don’t I watch the baby while you and Denise greet the dog” “no, this is the way I want to do it”

Deep down inside, and Vince says that I’m overthinking this and I could very well be, I have this worry that he’s abusing Denise, at least emotionally. When there was that Mother’s Day occurrence where I’d already bought the food, she didn’t say anything to Pete like, “well, my mother’s already bought the food, why don’t we ask your parents here”. Is it because she’s afraid of contradicting Pete? I know at one point I contradicted Pete and he didn’t seem to like it. I think it was when he said about the retired stuff I told him that we had commitments. He did abuse Lexi (although he and Denise never admitted it, the SPCA who seized her did), I know he verbally abused Denise when we lived in PA. I can’t help thinking “once an abuser, always an abuser”.

From what they said, they paid for their wedding. I don’t know, wouldn’t surprise me if Maria helped so that she could get the wedding she wanted. Come on, paying for your wedding, then less than a year later living with your parents and 6 months later having saved up enough money for a home? No, I think Maria helped them pay for the townhouse because Denise was pg. She wanted to be sure they were near her. She did say something at the wedding shower to the effect of "when they buy a home near me". The father doesn’t like the dog, he probably felt that his house wasn’t big enough for 4 adults, 3 pets, and a baby too. So he probably insisted they move. I do remember that he paid for a truck for Pete a while ago and we’re sure it’s because he was tired of driving Pete to work.

I don’t want to put in the will that Jess makes the decision of who gets my rings because that’ll put strain on her and Jess’ relationship should Jess not give them to Denise upon our death.

Maybe I should put something in the will like “until such time as Pete and Denise are no longer married, the rings should be in the possession of Jess” or something like that. But that's like saying "get a divorce". Even if they do, who is to say they don't get remarried? I do trust Denise, but I wonder about Pete.

I don’t know, what do you all think?

Michele in NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    KJ - I'm about to go down to the nursing home.. let me just tell you that combo there holy cow will be wild today.. working 11-5 today .and then have the weekend off I think
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Karen - welcome! What part of NE PA are you in? We used to live in Stroudsburg.

Michele in NC
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Karen - welcome! What part of NE PA are you in? We used to live in Stroudsburg.

Michele in NC

Hi Michele! I am not far from Stroudsburg at all. I am near Lake Wallenpaupack in the northern end of the Pocono Mountains.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Karen - Really sorry about the ballerina. :'(<3
    The lunch party is going ahead. I'm fine about that - my worry was having my elder son staying so close to the cruise. I get pre-holiday angst. As you know, I'm OCD about entertaining. :/ I have decided to chill about it all. My son is not fussy and I am getting the cleaner in before hand and getting takeaway etc. The bed is made. I'm not sure if he's staying one or two nights. The trains are not good on Sundays.
    Thanks for thinking of me. <3

Going out for a run in a minute.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Michele NC - I was with my abuser when Mom gave me her rings I still have them. Wearing them gave me hope for the future felt like she was near when times were hard. Talk to her if their not married best to air out your concerns.If married confide your concerns let her know your there if she ever needs to get out of the marriage. Hurting animals is a bad sign your mom instincts aren’t wrong if he can injury any living thing it’s not that far of a hop when a babies crying to hit mom or baby. Search your heart ❤️ decide give it or not. Things are things the rings someday could be turned into a necklace by a great grandkid. But lives are priceless especially our kids safety.

MIL y me taking JR to grocery shop,eat out,y 1st salon haircut 💇🏾‍♂️ pray it goes good. Yikes going to be screaming can hear it now but need to see if it’s possible.

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Uuuh
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Ladies – I have somewhat a bit of a dilemma. See, for her whole life, since she could talk, Denise has said that she wanted my wedding rings. Well, last night Denise was talking to us about how we needed to change our will to include the baby.
    I don’t know, what do you all think?
    Michele in NC

In my family things are passed to the next generation. We don't skip a generation unless there's a good reason to do that. So maybe in this case ... give the rings to PJ!! :smiley: