WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    So shopping was today. Getting tired of my wheat Chex cereal, so that was a no. I looked at all the other cereals, and I have a tendency to buy sweet cereal, then eat it every time OTHER than breakfast time, when it was intended for. So cereal was out. Tired of yogurt. So I settled on Kashi frozen waffles. I will have peanut butter on it, not marg and syrup. One special morning I will have my blueberry compote. Its a treat.
    Wanted candy so bad. Looked in the candy aisle, but nothing stood out. I looked at the Halloween candy but nope. I will not settle for something that's ok. It has to grab me and I will think, "yes that sounds good"! I was pretty proud of myself today. My husband bought some mints candy, poptarts, and a container of cheap vanilla/chocolate sandwich cookies. Its all in his area, so its not for me. I looked at ice cream, but nope.
    It was a frustrating experience to be bombarded with items not conducive to losing weight. But if I have to look, then I have to make a conscious decision to say no. Maybe that's the lesson.
    💖Rebecca
    (I won't put our Athena in a spoiler)😄
    hyu92koiuk77.jpg
    My ham hock/ pinto bean soup!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Karen – wow! We used to live in the Poconos. Should be getting chilly there around now. Do they still have that hot air balloon festival?

Lanette – we do have a NC will, but that was before PJ was born. Regarding my rings, I’ve been thinking. I would never want to purposely do something that would hurt Pete. And if Denise wore my rings on her other hand, that would be a constant reminder to him that this is something she wanted but he didn’t give her. If she wore them sometimes, it would hurt him that she’s not wearing the ring he bought her. So right now I’m thinking that I’d bequeath them to Jess. Plus…I trust her. Oh, I trust Denise, I don't really trust Pete. But I would never tell Denise that.

JR – Denise has never said that Pete is abusing her. That’s just me, but it might also be worry-wort mom talking here. I don’t think he would hurt PJ if PJ were crying. I just don’t know what he would do if PJ doesn’t follow his plan (want to take a different career path, say is bi or trans) Good luck with the haircut. I remember when Jess got hers. She was sitting on Vince’s lap and she peed….glad it wasn’t me….lol

Went to exercise then took the wall hanging I’d cross stitched to a lady to quilt. Have I told you all how much I hate quilting??? Then went to the Salvation Army (didn’t get anything) stopped to see about Vince’s bread but they didn’t have it, went to WalMart then realized I was buying refrigerated things so had to come home, then the soup kitchen, then into the pool, strung a little popcorn. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and if it isn’t Vince wants to cut the grass. I think it might rain since it’s somewhat breezy out now.

M – please take care of yourself

Janetr – I’m small, too. I really don’t look good in dark colored clothing on top. Gives the illusion that I’m smaller than I am…and I don’t need that. I always need a padded bra

M and Heather – the only thing I don’t like about the rowing machine is that there really isn’t support for your back. I like the recumbent bike since there is. But for a short time (maybe ½ hr) I do like the rowing machine

Cathy – welcome! It doesn’t matter how much time you spend exercising at first, doing it is what matters. Starting slowly is good. Before you know it, you’ll be adding time and we’ll be here to cheer you all the way.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    ~~~~~~~~~
  • exermom
    Options
    Rebecca - I'm like you, give me a little of the good chocolate, or don't give me any at all. Many is the time I will buy those Dove promises (but only when they're on sale 1/2 price) and have just one. I remember Vince used to always get me a bag of Dove. I finally asked him not to get any for me.

Michele in NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,099 Member
    Options
    ☘️ Still Reading. 😂
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Rebecca - I'm like you, give me a little of the good chocolate, or don't give me any at all. Many is the time I will buy those Dove promises (but only when they're on sale 1/2 price) and have just one. I remember Vince used to always get me a bag of Dove. I finally asked him not to get any for me.

Michele in NC

I am recognizing I have trigger foods. Cheap candy is one of them. When it was our anniversary, on way home I said, "I want candy"! So we stopped at our Walgreens and I got a Big Hunk bar, and a bag of Skittles. The bag said shareable but I didn't share them! I should be good for a bit! Having all the bins of Halloween candy is torture though!
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Wow,I’ve missed A Lot!!!❤️❤️
    Debby In Va
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.11min, 13.1amph, 1.56mi
    apple watch- 59c
    MANUAL TREADMILL- walk- 60min, 3.26mi
    apple watch- 315c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.11min, 14.5amph, 1.49mi
    apple watch- 39c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.33min, 12.4amph, 2.99mi
    bike ride sumn station 2 wrk- 3.02min, 9.6amph, .48mi
    apple watch- 134c
    bike ride wrk 2 sta- 2.34min, 11amph,.46mi
    apple watch- 18c
    bike ride dome 2 gym 13.01min, 6.5amph, 1.41mi-
    apple watch- 101c
    Bike ride gym 2 home- 7.58min 12amph, 1.59mi
    Apple Watch- 80c

total cal 769
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Hair cut went good (no pee Michele Lol 😂). Had an older gal cut it since he’s used to our age group.He held Pooh Bear 🐻,water cup ,y mommy in a hug position getting kisses it was done quick but boy $15 they really went up! Going back to cutting it ourselves to save money!
    54adeksi5iwi.jpeg
    1elkmy46wauh.jpeg
    k1xqopvr2o41.jpeg
    0ris3wnx04hb.jpeg
    c7eaoe19u1q5.jpeg
    [img]https://us.v- cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/n3/jplmzacm8m9i.jpeg[/img]
    44ddr5jsjjen.jpeg
    hbdoie9wo6n6.jpeg
    5huuygp3ai53.jpeg
    JR car sickness struck hard we were in town sigh 😔. MIL me got groceries done ✅,hair cut done ✅, Grandkid time done ✅,y McDonald’s. JR ate chicken nuggets his 1st meat ever!!! Then car sickness struck sigh* he ate more nuggets at home kept it down.Milestone reached! Lots of playing with him approaching other kids they didnt reciprocate but that’s okay 👌 he tried good enough. He found a 2 1/2yr old boy y a 3 1/2yr old girl but his size scared them they ran to mom after he gibberishly spoke to them. They were taller than others their age so was more his speed .
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) Welcome. Trish, You have made an awesome start on your journey. Taking baby steps is what got me started. Now I have some great habits and routines that emerged from starting small. I don't have a lot of face to face friends but this thread has provided me with the community of women that I sought. When I walk, I listen to podcasts, music, or audio books on my phone so I always have company. If I waited for others to want to do things with me, I wouldn't be doing much. I hope you will come back to this thread regularly and find friendship among us.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington State USA
  • exermom
    Options
    Trish...- welcome! Sounds like your life is getting better, how wonder!

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    I'm Trish from SW Sydney, I live in a house with a wonderful bushtrack over the fence that I haven't used for over 1.5 years because of study and work, there are koalas on that walk however at the moment my hip hurts when I walk too far, my fault I got too fat.

Is anyone from Sydney SW here?

Hi Trish ... I'm a bit south of you in Tasmania.

My house looks like a bomb hit it, basically up to July this year, my life was getup go to work, study, bed, getup go to work study...., it shouldn't have been like that but RMIT university didn't provide the lectures it was supposed to and we all had to self teach from a text book, so it took all of my spare time instead of just 12 hours.

I also work full time and have been attending UTAS parttime to get my Master's degree since 2015. It's a long, long haul when you do it one course each semester.

I am starting to clean the house bit by bit, but I think I hit depression over everything and it has been a hard slog. If I wasn't so proud I'd pay a cleaning team to come in and do it.

You should pay someone to do it. :) I've been outsourcing as much as I can. I order groceries online from Woolies and get them delivered. We've got a lawn care guy who comes and does our lawns as needed. And I've had a Jim's team in to clean the house and will likely use them again if we need to.

I'd love to hire a personal secretary too, if that kind of service existed.

Welcome here!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Went up to our Northwest Arkansas office to meet with one of our board members, who had asked me to go out to lunch to talk to a lady about grantwriting. My board member brought to the lunch a copy of all three of my books, and asked me to sign them for her! Total surprise, literally made me blush, something I don't do much. I was so touched, and so flabbergasted that I didn't even tell my husband about it, no one but y'all. First time it's ever happened to me, and had to process it.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Wonderful!! :)

• Machka9
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I like to ride my bike. I haven't been on it in over a year and I got on it yesterday for the first time. It felt good. But I thought I was going to die LOL. I am hoping to get several rides in before the snow flies and drives me inside onto the treadmill.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Welcome back to cycling! :)

• Machka9
    edited September 2019
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M and Heather – the only thing I don’t like about the rowing machine is that there really isn’t support for your back. I like the recumbent bike since there is. But for a short time (maybe ½ hr) I do like the rowing machine

Michele in NC

There isn't supposed to be back support ... it would have to be very narrow in order to get the full range of arm motion. Plus you lean forward at one end of the stroke and back at the other end.

You've got to sit with really good posture on a rowing machine ... it ends up being a bit of a core workout too. If you start to slouch, it hurts which prompts you to sit up again. :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)MIchele, for months after my mother died, I had recurring dreams that my mother was in the house with me and finding fault with what I'd done to her house and her possessions. I had to keep reminding myself that she wasn't really watching me. We just finished updating our wills and because we were so busy thinking about the wills, I'd have to remind myself that I wouldn't be around to watch what the kids would do with what we left them. There are so many ways that people try to control things from the grave and it never works. Come from a place of love with your children and leave the results to them.

<3 Barbie

Yes ... when we did our wills recently, for a little while I thought about dividing up all my stuff and giving these things to this person and those things to that person. And I did ask my mother if there was anything she might like. But when it came down to it ... I'll be gone so I won't care what happens to everything!!

As a person who has moved a lot and has twice gotten rid of half my stuff, I don't want to put the pressure of 'stuff' on anyone else. I don't want to give my china set to someone in my family with the stipulation that they've got to keep it in the family or anything like that. It's enough that I feel vaguely pressured to keep it.

My stuff matters to me (and maybe my husband) but it doesn't really matter to anyone else.

If it really mattered ... if I wanted to preserve it in some way because it had some historical value or something ... I'd probably contact a museum and have them keep it with a little card explaining its historical and sentimental value.

M in Oz