Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    8.28 miles tonight.

See the HRM jump at 18:04:
    ddb764eb6a060d9ac30803cbf3b195bf.png
    A dog tried to attack me. Fortunately, I was able to get it to back off by chasing it in return. Keep yo dogs on a leash, people.

exercise.png

I have found this is a very valid thing to do with a charging dog. Or yelling no. Or yelling go away.

I've found that you can even yell in the wrong language for where you are, and it still works ;)

I think they understand tone better than words.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    October Goal: don't rage quit

10/1 rest
    10/2 3.00

Total : 3.00

So, I was going to disappear for awhile again...grief and worksuck have been wearing on me. Then, today in my email, this appeared. I guess MobyCarp told me to get moving.....
    5wccn2y0z1u0.jpg

Upcoming races:
    Revel Kulia Half Marathon 1/18/20

Ticker is my goal for 2019 and progress to date:

exercise.png

Wow. That's heartwarming. He's looking out for you. Hang in there.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I feel bad for you folks in a heat wave. I woke up to mid 40's F here.

Hey, you folks who suggested Yoga with Adriene...check out what I found!

Yoga for Runners Playlist

You probably already knew they existed but when I saw the hundreds of videos she's published I was a bit overwhelmed. Now I know where to start. I think I'll try the pre-run and post-run first to see how it goes.

Runner's World used to have Yoga for Runners. I LOVE the recovery yoga for after long runs. It's about 20 minutes. I was going by memory for a while then broke my leg so not sure if they are still available.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I’m on the board for October with a short run to the gym on Tuesday in the pouring rain (not going to lie, it was a lot of fun). I’m planning on doing the same tomorrow, then it’s race weekend!

@zeesparrow: I highly recommend trying arm sleeves if you haven’t already (I have three pairs, including these) - they’re much easier to take off and stow away than a jacket or long-sleeved shirt. You can get more expensive arm warmers in marino but I’ve never had a problem with the cheap ones. I’m also a big fan of buffs, though I buy the cheap off-brand ones of those too. I wore two at a time for most of my runs last winter, one over my head and one over my face.

@7lenny7: I really like those pre and post run videos and do them pretty frequently. I also really like Yoga for Tired Legs, Total Body Yoga - Deep Stretch and the various bedtime videos. She also has playlists by length of the workout, which I find very helpful.

October Total: 1.62 miles

October Goals: Run 70 miles, lift minimum 3x/week, 15 minutes/day of moderate cardio, 15 minutes/day of mobility.

2019 Races! (bold registered)

January 26: Securian 10K, St. Paul, MN Chip time: 1:05:07
    February 16: Half Fast 10K DNS - weather
    March 23: Hot Dash 5K, Mpls, MN Chip time: 0:28:39 (*PR!)
    May 19: Women Run the Cities 5K, Mpls, MN Chip time: 0:33:02
    June 8: PHRC Pensieve 10K (virtual)
    June 12: ESTRS French 5K, Plymouth, MN
    DNS - injury
    June 29 Lift Bridge 5K, Bayport MN Chip time: 0:32:51
    August 3: Beat the Blerch 10K, Carnation, WA
    September 2: MDRA Victory Labor Day 5K, Mpls, MN
    Chip time: 0:33:04
    September 8: Sioux Falls Half Marathon, Sioux Falls, SD Chip time: 2:47:13 (in memory of @MobyCarp)
    October 5: TCM 10K, St. Paul, MN
    October 6: TCM 10Mi, Minneapolis to St. Paul, MN
    October 26: Minneapolis Halloween 10K, Mpls, MN
    November 28: Turkey Trot St. Paul 10K, St. Paul, MN
    December 14: Reindeer Run 10K, Mpls, MN
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I have not tried arm sleeves but will take a look at those when I get home. Thanks for the link! I'm sure my husband will roll his eyes when I tell him I'm looking at even more gear for this "cheap" hobby. LOL

I haven't done yoga since August. They're renovating the lobby at work and have created a temporary conference room in the "yoga room". It is a large enough space ... but could you imagine doing either activity at the same time? All this talk about yoga though, I might have to do the Runner's Yoga video tonight.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Is the marathon distance in decline? Interesting read from the local paper ahead of Sunday's Twin Cities Marathon. Some of the comments are really idiotic.

http://www.startribune.com/twin-cities-marathon-has-a-defining-distance-of-road-racing-hit-the-wall/562099202/
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 - those are good ones. I also like Yoga For Runners - Physical & Mental Stamina on that playlist. Nice stretches.

Rest day for me today. Work tested my patience. Which is not why I took a rest day, its just a fact I'm sharing with you. There is a statistically significant difference between the amount of wine in my home and the amount of wine I currently need.

Glad to see you check in @HonuNui. Sorry it's tough for you, I can understand some of that and I offer some virtual hugs (or wine, if I had any).