WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Ohhh that made me cry Carol..
    I bought myself a new bed that I wanted .. I spend alot of time in my bedroom so I'm getting something I love..
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    You’re killing me Peach!. Love it!

Okie
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Sorry about Floyd Pip. We have put three dogs down (luckily spaced apart more). While it was time for all three, it was still devastating.

Ginny in Ohio
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Pip and Kirby. So sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you two.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,201 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Oh Pip ... so very sorry ... hugs
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Karen NY ... I thought of you and your new treadmill and got my sorry butt back on mine ..

Barbara ... sorry to hear about the leaking water ...

Halloween ... have lived on a rural street for the last 20+ years and get very few trick-or-treaters, if any. So this year we are decorating our vehicle for a "Trunk or Treat" that our church is holding on Halloween. I'm doing a fishing themed vehicle so that my husband will participate and "dress up." He's wearing his fishing gear. ;) I've got to figure out all the particulars this weekend in a dry run. I found a vintage Big Mouth Billy Bass singing "Take Me Out to the River" that I plan to use!

Thanksgiving ... I really decorate for this beginning in October ... Halloween is just a blip for me ... and focus on an autumn vibe. The weather starts getting bad around the end of November, so we are usually at home (all our family is out of state). I used to prepare a huge meal even just for four people, but have really scaled back and only make what I know the my husband and sons consider non-negotiable items. My younger son will be home from school Thanksgiving week and I'll be cooking all week long as it is.

Christmas ... I LOVE Christmas and have been known to go crazy with the whole thing. But like someone else mentioned, when there are no children around, things change ... putting up four Christmas trees is kinda of dumb. I'll put a least one tree up in the living room as you can see that from outside ... everything else will just be done on an "if I feel like it" basis. Gifts have become simple as everyone I purchase for are young adults or older... gift cards. I do send out Christmas cards ... used to add a letter, but haven't done so in a few years. My list is down to about 70 and keeps getting shorter every year...

Vicki ... your decorated cross sounds just right ...

Eating has been out of control again and I'm at a loss as to how and stop myself without sewing my mouth shut. Exercise hasn't been much better. Still faithful to 19/5 fasting but my behavior during the open window undoes any weight loss benefit.

Tomorrow is another day.

Beth near Buffalo
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    Pip - my heart goes out to you.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Did Melt It Off DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Rebounder Fit

Pip - You and Kirby have been such wonderful fur parents to Floyd. Now you’re showing him the ultimate in love. My heart is breaking for you

KJ – see, Pete can’t always carry PJ because he works on a tugboat where he’s on the boat for 4 days, then home for 4 days. On the 4 days he’s on the boat, it’s just Denise. But I didn’t know that they have sleds that would hold a carseat! That would probably be best.

Went to the Green Room then took this frame for one of Colby’s Christmas gifts to get the glass cut, then to Sams to see if they carried Vince’s bread (they don’t), then while I was there bought gas. Newcomer bowling tonight

I couldn’t find a sled that held a car seat but I did find one that had a high back and a strap to hold him in place.

Carol GA – you really know how to make me cry

Rori – I hope everything works out for your brother. Just what he needs!

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

81824br5uyrfrsr.gif

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴💤
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    ((( :'( Pip)))
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    pip and Kirby :brokenheart: :sad: (((hugs)))
    Lisa oww!
    Machka Good reminder, will put a fan in there. Trouble is it's the sub floor that's wet, and hard to dry without removing the linoleum.
    Tracey thank you for your heroine's story. Just what I needed to shift from sad to happy tears after pip's news and Carol's poem.

In for a penny, in for a pound. After the water heater replacement blow, went out and bought a new chandelier to replace old flicker. Will call electrician tomorrow. Browsed/dreamed the kitchen area, saw laminate flooring I liked and cabinet doors I really loved. Home Depot offers project loans and the monthly payments for what we need would be about what my car payment is... so in 10 months, maybe...

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for October: get up and do it!
    Steps=6437, vits=24 log=24 CI<CO=21 CI<250<CO=12 Tumble=14 mfp=24 AF=19
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Lovely story Tracey. :D That Early Bird Café sounds great - so the residents can feel they are going out for a meal. B) Shame about the bad manners though! Boo!

Rain has stopped. Hope to run this afternoon. Yesterday I managed 390 bonus calories on the rower and the bike despite the terrible weather, all while watching the Hairy Bikers eat and cook their way through Arizona. :D Thought of Rita. In the evening I saw them finish Route 66 in Santa Monica.
    I allowed myself a tiny bit of pasta as I had burnt a total of 990 for the day. I really do want to lose some of the excess I gained before the cruise.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,201 Member
    Options
    ❄️❄️❄️ Brrrr! First frost of the winter! And clocks go back to morrow night in the UK. Batten down the hatches!!!

Machka: I'm with you on Christmas. I don't even want to think about it until 1st December.
    Heather: I host our family Christmas dinner and cook/prep everything in advance. Nobody has died yet! 😂
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    We r At the crematorium now, taking him to his final journey before bringing him back home

Very very sorry. It was so sudden! :(:heart:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of our 3-day cycling event is done. We're organising, not riding.

Yesterday we drove the route of the first event. All good. Then I studied for my exam a bit.

Today we drove the route of the second event. Mostly good. Then we held the first event. All good! Despite the wind and some rain. Now I've got to study some more.

I did get a 2 km run in this afternoon ... a bit of exercise.

I am getting a bit tired of all the driving. I drove over 400 km last weekend and I'll have another 600 or 700 km this weekend.

Machka in Oz