WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Pip-I know it’s not the same,but when foxy lost a puppy,she mourned terribly.I got her a stuffed baby,she loved it and treated it like hers for a while.Then she just sort of got on with her doggie life.Maybe if Yogi starts showing signs of loneliness and moping,you could think about it.Some told me not to because she could become too attached to an object .But it was so sad watching her go through it,I had to take the chance.Plus she has Vern and us.
    Debby In Va
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    NYKaren – glad to hear your hubby is doing well

Knitski – welcome! You wouldn’t happen to be Polish?

Tracey – do the residents have to sign in to get into the café? Is that how you know if someone shouldn’t be there?

volunteered at the soup kitchen then at the Green Room for a bit. Had to go pick up a piece of glass for the picture I made for Colby for Christmas, then home

Michele in NC
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Katia-sorry you are sick. Glad you have a doctor who will actually treat you. Seems like the "stuff" is going around earlier this year.

Welcome to Knitski2002-that is exciting news about your son gettin first house. I logged food on MFP off and on for several years without checking out the community. I discovered I missed a ton of useful information. This is an active group (hard to keep up with!), but very supportive and positive. Have read some very interesting discussion on any number of different topics.

Had to take some vacation time today or I would lose it (I really need to get a week off, but with budget time is tough to do). Went to grocery today and came home and cleaned out flower bed and garage. Working full-time it is sometimes hard to fit in some of the extra tasks that need done and I don't want to pay someone to do everything. Pleased with my efforts. Fit in a nice walk this evening.

Knee and piriformis still bothersome off and on. Looking forward to physical therapy assessment Tuesday. Hopefully they can show me some stuff that will help get this left leg in line.

Tracey in Edmonton - love the cartoon you posted.

Have a good rest of today/good start to Saturday,

Ginny in Ohio
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴💤
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,807 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Tracey – do the residents have to sign in to get into the café? Is that how you know if someone shouldn’t be there?

Michele in NC

The staff has a list of residents that can eat there. If they aren’t on the list they are redirected. We are a very close knit home so we know all of the residents by name. For new people like me, all of the residents walkers or wheelchairs are tagged with their name so we can double check as well. For the most part the residents that can’t eat in there are unable to get around with out a healthcare aide and wouldn’t show up anyway. We do have one resident that is quite mobile that can’t eat there that shows up regularly, one of us just takes her up to the main dining room.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,699 Member
    Options
    Pip-I know it’s not the same,but when foxy lost a puppy,she mourned terribly.I got her a stuffed baby,she loved it and treated it like hers for a while.Then she just sort of got on with her doggie life.Maybe if Yogi starts showing signs of loneliness and moping,you could think about it.Some told me not to because she could become too attached to an object .But it was so sad watching her go through it,I had to take the chance.Plus she has Vern and us.
    Debby In Va

I think that's a great idea actually, thanks for the thought. having gone thru this before, I've known that you have to try to act normal around the surviving pet because they can feel your pain and depression, they sense it. so far he's doing ok. but going to keep a close watch
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,699 Member
    Options
    stats for the day, can't believe I did over 1k

was a struggle to run today.

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.09min, 140mhr, 12.8amph, 1.73mi= 96c
    apple watch- 68c
    treadmill jog- 30.57min, 136ahr, 149mhr, 9.59min mi, 5.7-6.7sp, 5k= 344c
    apple watch- 366c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.06min, 139mhr, 17.5amph, 1.48mi= 58c
    apple watch- 50c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station, rain- 16.15min, 148mhr, 11.2amph, 3.03mi= 180c
    apple watch- 113c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.06min, 149mhr, 9.18min mi, .54mi= 75c
    apple watch- 61c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.20min,9.35min mi, 152Mhr, .44mi= 81c
    apple watch- 69c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 12.59min, 148mhr,11.7amph, 2.53mi= 227c
    apple watch- 121c

total cal 1061
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Drkatie - sending your father every healing thought possible.

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,167 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Day 1 of our 3-day cycling event is done. We're organising, not riding.

Yesterday we drove the route of the first event. All good. Then I studied for my exam a bit.

Today we drove the route of the second event. Mostly good. Then we held the first event. All good! Despite the wind and some rain. Now I've got to study some more.

I did get a 2 km run in this afternoon ... a bit of exercise.

I am getting a bit tired of all the driving. I drove over 400 km last weekend and I'll have another 600 or 700 km this weekend.

Machka in Oz

Day 2 of our 3-day cycling event is done! A number of heavy rain and hailstorms went through but fortunately most of them missed the riders. But I ended up driving through rain and hail so heavy I could barely see the road.

Nevertheless, today is done and now I need to study some more.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,350 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Machka - do you have to organize marshalls, medals, refreshments, signage and everything? :o

Windy night. I didn't sleep too well. Brain active. I had a good book to read and a spare room, so I survived. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx