• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,378 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This morning Fitbit is rather confused by the time change. Lol! Sometimes technology isn't as clever as it seems. It's a beautiful sunny day, with a cutting edge to the air, so I mustn't be fooled into dressing light.

We are going up to visit DED and grandsons earlier today, and will have lunch with them. They want to go into Belfast for a fireworks display at the Titanic Quarter (docks) this evening, so they want to have an early dinner. DH and I aren't that fussed about standing out in the cold night air and will go home and have our dinner.

Heather: We have been gradually adjusting mealtimes etc this week in preparation for the clock change. (Last night we had dinner at 7.15pm) It works quite well in combating the hunger pangs.

Miele Failte to our new ladies. This is a great place for support/advice.
    💕💖💕 (((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 to those in extremis

☘️Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,185 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Day 1 of our 3-day cycling event is done. We're organising, not riding.

Yesterday we drove the route of the first event. All good. Then I studied for my exam a bit.

Today we drove the route of the second event. Mostly good. Then we held the first event. All good! Despite the wind and some rain. Now I've got to study some more.

I did get a 2 km run in this afternoon ... a bit of exercise.

I am getting a bit tired of all the driving. I drove over 400 km last weekend and I'll have another 600 or 700 km this weekend.

Machka in Oz

Day 2 of our 3-day cycling event is done! A number of heavy rain and hailstorms went through but fortunately most of them missed the riders. But I ended up driving through rain and hail so heavy I could barely see the road.

Nevertheless, today is done and now I need to study some more.

Machka in Oz

Day 3 is done! All went well, thankfully!

We also got out for a bicycle ride, a walk, and I jogged a little over 2 km! Again! 2 km is feeling reasonably comfortable, but I'm not going to suddenly push it up to 5 km or anything.

And I've been writing my A4 "cheat sheet". We can bring in one A4 piece of paper with writing on both sides into the exam. So in teensy tiny writing, I'm penning my notes. I've got roughly 30 pages of notes and I've written about 5 of them in 1/8th of the room I have. :)

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,810 Member
    Options
    Ok I must have need alot of Sleep as I was asleep before 8 and slept until 8 this morning,, It is dark and rainy here today so my bedroom looks like a tornado blew through, and I ordered a new bed platform bed that I wanted..that out of the money I was left by dad, as I spend quite a bit of time in my room ,it made the most sense to me..
    Had a lovely dinner out with friends last night and came home and went right to bed..
    I am sending an email to my boss today and telling him when Aimee was hired she was going to be working Saterdays I will no longer work them, and I would like a raise and more weekday hours.he can take it or leave it..
    as I look at ads daily, if I have time today will rewrite my resume..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    Prayers for those in California affected by the wild fires!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Okie ... love the costume photo! You all look perfect!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Barbie- What are you reading? I have a hold at the library on a book called A 1,000 Mile Walk On The Beach by Loreen Niewenhuis; about a woman who hiked the entire perimeter of Lake Michigan! Astounding!
    Connie KY- Hugs to you and your daughter with taking the SAT/ACT! My daughter was an exceptional student, top in her class, but was a horrible test taker. The SAT/ACTs kept her up at night with worry. She got an acceptable score 29. She took it three more times and never got a higher score. My younger son was a very average to below average student (smart, but didn't do homework and had a C average in school). He took the SAT/ACT tests once and got a 34 on the ACT and 1820 on the SAT. My daughter was furious. I was stunned. Son could have cared less and was a mediocre student in college and is now working full time with no degree. His view on college: "I like learning new things; I don't like doing it when people tell me to do it, though." lol Takes all kinds. My younger son went to a local small college; my daughter went to Notre Dame. Her activities in school and her extra curriculars did more for her than her test scores. (Girl Scout Gold Award, Student Body Pres, Youth Group, lots of volunteering and mission trips, etc.). I have been told that most colleges like to see a well rounded student rather than high test scores.

The wind is really blowing again today. I will see if I can post a couple of pics of the last week or so of blustery-ness for you ladies! It is really amazing to see the lake on days like this. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,810 Member
    Options
    well I hauled my mattress and boxspring off the bed , that was a feat in itself.. now to hunt down my tools to take the bed apart ...
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    CW 154.6
    SW 195

Trying more filling dishes for winter 🥶 to curve the winter munchies. Hubby brought home something I never saw in store but might be there since I don’t search for popcorn 🍿.This one was low cal chocolate,caramel,cheese all on each piece 9 serving 110cal each. Pop*A*Licious double chocolate drizzle

Chili in a can lowest cal one hubby could find added corn,spinach leaves,y 55cal worth of chicken (lowest cal also). So 3servings when done ✅ 830cal total for it all divided into 3 meals so I wrote is as 300cal per bowl even tho it’s less. Salad 🥗 just lettuce 🥬,0cal walden French dressing,y tortilla chip crumbs Tbls. For Dinner added stuffing with corn in it on the side. Gatorade zero y crystal light peach tea total 10-20cal. 70cal Sugarfree fudge pop Dryers. Pop*A*Licious portion. Baked Cheetos 1 serving. 6 baked toasty cheezits.

Still hurt neck thinking the crick could be a sore muscle from picking up JR since my right arm muscle is sore too. It will heal soon enough hopefully before trick or treating.

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :)Okie, the costumes are fabulous. You have great imagination.

:)Kelly, the books I'm listening to are a series by Laurie Cass. They are "cozy mysteries" and feature a librarian, her cat, and the Bookmobile she drives a few days a week. Great photos. We have a wall hanging that says, "If you are lucky enough to live near the water, you are lucky enough".

lsz5gb44smct.jpg

:)Heather, we have many things in our house that change time automatically at the time change. However, many years ago, they changed the date of the time changes but the thermostat was pre-programmed to change on the old dates so it was very confusing in our house for several weeks each year.

:) It is cold enough this morning that I wore my extra warm coat and put coats on the dogs.

:) We got new neighbors on both sides of us last year. On one side is the couple that had to remodel most of their house because of mold and rats. They are very busy outgoing people and we interact with them a lot although we don't have much in common. The neighbor on the other side is a man with a small dog and we rarely see him. The people across the street who are moving are a man that Jim talks to a lot and his wife whom I've never seen in the eight years I've lived here. According to a neighbor who is helping them move, the wife has done absolutely nothing to help with the packing and moving.

<3 Barbie in NW WA