WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,361 Member
    Options
    I also woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed after yesterday's slump. Weather yesterday foul. Weather today bright and beautiful. ;) Went for my 5k run. Sea like a mirror after huge waves yesterday. Loads of people out for a post prandial stroll.
    I did my morning exercise first thing and then DID SOME WRITING. :D
    Perfect day really.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,720 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :) Our life is very simple. We find going to Costco and WalMart and the grocery store very pleasant outings together. We notice what's on the shelves but only buy what's on our list. It's a pleasant indoor walk and a nice change of scenery. I am very fussy about what I buy and don't want to trust someone else to pick things out for me.

:) I have been listening to a wonderful new podcast called "The Happiness Lab with Dr. Laurie Santos". I highly recommend it. I found it on iTunes. I guess I'm a fan of happiness because two other favorite podcasts are "10% Happier with Dan Harris" and "Happier with Gretchen Rubin".

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,810 Member
    Options
    Tracey~ I would love to work in a nursing home.. but most of the ones in the US are for profit and it is disgusting..
    Portland where my DFIL was is for profit, but as I was there daily I advocated for all his needs , and if I didnt like how something was handled I made sure it was taken care of..
    I will be stopping this week to see about volunteering, and looking into other work.I can for sure get references for any eldercare work that is true.. and it seems to be my calling.. so will investigate further.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3Kim hope you are safe from the fires and power outages.

NYKAREN
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Allie - hope your friend is OK. It's been a tough season for you...

Kim - thinking about you and all the others in California.

Katiebug - hope your daddy is doing better.

Later,
    Lisa in AR
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,962 Member
    Options
    Just slaking.

RvRita
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,185 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    I must admit I've done something that does NOT encourage me getting my steps in, but makes me sooooo much happier. I've started putting online orders at Walmart and picking them up. Impressed by the service. Even added potatoes and onions this time, and they picked out terrific ones, ones I'm quite pleased with. At least an hour of time saved hunting down weird things all over the massive store (disposable nitrile gloves and a spray bottle this time) and possibly not even finding them, in the end. And, as I think of things, I can put them in the shopping app on my phone, and that way fewer things get missed out in my overall distraction. :). I figure I can use that time saved to work in the yard or go to the gym, so I'm fine with it. I had refused to try it until my best friend did in Montana, but she loved it, so I gave it a shot.

Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR

:) I love our grocery delivery service. It is such a time saver.

Recently we've learned that my husband's favourite hardware store is planning to start a similar delivery service ... that will be handy for him! And probably me as well, because we go there just about every weekend!

Machka in Oz

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »

Today is my 65th birthday. I attended an area church meeting this afternoon, the District Superintendent announced my birthday and they all sang to me. It was quite nice. Dave is cooking us steak for supper.

Happy Birthday!!

Okie
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Kay!

Kelly ... the Great Lakes are awesome. Love your photos!

Cool, dreary day here in Western New York. Other than church and preparing meals, got very little accomplished. Needing to make some changes. Thinking about how to best make them.

Beth near Buffalo
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Katiebug!!!!
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »

Today is my 65th birthday. I attended an area church meeting this afternoon, the District Superintendent announced my birthday and they all sang to me. It was quite nice. Dave is cooking us steak for supper.

Happy Birthday!