WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    I'm taking a mental health day.. I'm exhausted..

It's great you are listening to your body. Sending healing vibes your way.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,830 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    My goals for October worked well for me (with a kick in the kiester from the challenges Machka recommended)

Kids are beginning to arrive. I better fly! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Well done!! :)

• SuziQ113
    Yes, it's me (again). :smiley:

November Health Goals
    • Weight Loss Goal: 6 pounds
    • Food: Record every day, pre-plan meals, and stick with established habits.
    • Cardio Goal: Daily Minimum 30 Minutes
    • Weight Training: Three Times per Week
    • Planks: 60 Minutes this Month!
    • Yoga: Weather Permitting Schedule 2 Outdoor Sessions, Take Free Monthly Class at Work
    Stats
    • MFP Start Date: 08/24/19
    • Starting Weight: 195.0 pounds
    • 09/30/19: 180.6 pounds
    • 10/31/19: 171.6 pounds
    • Total Loss: 23.4 pounds
    • November Goal: 165.6 pounds
    • Ultimate Goal: 155.0 pounds

November Personal Goals
    • Work upon the reasons why getting rid of the desk is so hard. Will removal happen this month? Only if I can align my true feelings with the irrational ones.
    • Take two flower arranging classes. Scheduled!
    • Embrace Thanksgiving as a holiday for giving thanks and spending time with a wonderful group of friends. Taste the things I love and leave the rest. On the big day double the workout and plan on eating some exercise calories.

On a side note. I am a little disappointed this morning as I just found out my best friend will not be visiting today because he is not feeling well (no sleep and a sore throat). We haven’t seen each other in quite some time and I was looking forward to some shopping therapy and catching up over lunch (my first one out since the end of August). Not sure what kind of trouble I will get in to today. I hate to waste a vacation day cleaning! LOL

Take care one and all. Here’s to a November filled with fond memories and results!
    SuziQ – Broward County – Florida
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,323 Member
    Good morning ladies! Happy November 1st! B)

Barbara AHMOD - there is a Better Bones/Balance class several times a week at the college extension down the road, quite a drive tho to a more remote part of the county.

BUT I snooped around this morning and actually found the class I bet you are taking: https://extension.oregonstate.edu/bbb I ordered the DVD!! Only $15. The website is nifty and has a tutorial. Interesting it mentions weighted vests, can't wait to read more about this.

Kelly - I'll bet the Being Mortal was a great help in understanding your MIL's situation, and from her eyes. Some thoughts:
    I guess the depressing thing, to me, is elderly who become frail who really have no one like a child living nearby to check on them and help make decisions. His observations about how our society/culture here in the US has changed in a few generations from family taking in elderly and revering them vs. shuttling them off are very realistic. But often necessary. There's no place like home. We've been fortunate here in the US that we haven't had to move or lose our homes due to wars/political unrest and become refugees. In many ways, family was all these people had left so pulling together and caring for one another became top priority.

I will finish the book, just needed a break. B)
    You are right. All the more reason for us to take care of our health and keep our "wits" as long as we can!

SuziQ
    - our local library has Prevention magazine, I checked out the October issue. Read through it in about 10 minutes, which is why I don't subscribe anymore I guess. I'm going to get more of the back issues and hopefully the November one is available. Your weight loss stats are very impressive! Way to go!!! <3

Viv
    - how frustrating when the workmen decided they knew what's best and did't consult with you on their decision in your kitchen remodel. I am crossing fingers that you'll adapt to what they are doing and it will be the best thing in the long run. Sorry to hear about your SIL. Sending healing thoughts to her and hugs to you!

Carol and others who have seen such a hot summer - glad to hear rain and cooler/even cold weather has arrived. :)

Karen in VA - so sorry to hear about your little Bailey. (((HUGS)).

Welcome new ladies! Jump in and join the party, lol. Make it a fanastic day! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,044 Member
    Karen so sorry about Bailey. Praying for all of you.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    👩🙋
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,830 Member
    Challenges ... if challenges appeal to you, don't forget about MFP's Challenges subforum:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

Pretty much the same as last month ... aside from exercise, this month will include ...

-- work ... I've got several projects I should try to finish or get on top of by the end of the month.

-- university ... I start my next course on Nov 11. It's a spring/summer course and entirely online so I'm curious how it will go. Later in November, I need to enroll in my course Semester 1 courses.

-- cycling club ... I have a lot of work to do in this area!!

-- website ... lots of work to do and start attending Wordpress meetings again.

-- husband ... becoming more involved with our local brain injury association.

-- medical ... attending a whole pile of different physio appointments and other medical appointments. There is not a single week without a medical appointment of some sort.

-- and continuing to organise things at home. I've been working on this for a while now, but especially since I wrote my exam on Tuesday!!

Machka in Oz
  • SuziQ113
    Our heart failure dog Bailey scream-yelped as he was going down the steps from the kitchen to the garage on his way out to piddle this morning. He was in a lot of pain & had trouble bearing weight on his rear legs. I'm afraid he hurt his back. It might just be an injury to a rear leg, but we are prepared to let him go if it turns out to be a spine injury. He has end-stage heart failure and recovery from a spine injury would be difficult if not impossible for him. He's currently gnawing on a chewy treat; perched in his favorite place between my feet on the footrest of my recliner. His pain seems to have subsided. Our vet appointment is in an hour. My heart is breaking.
    Karen in Virginia

So sorry Karen. Sending positive thoughts to Mr. Bailey and you.