WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Battle of the Blades? Is that like Dancing on Ice? Absolutely adore ice skating!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Battle of the Blades? Is that like Dancing on Ice? Absolutely adore ice skating!

The pairs are a championship figure skater with a championship hockey player. The hockey players are from league or Olympic teams from th US and Canada. The figure skaters are medal winners in pairs or ice dancing from several different countries. The judges are a mixture of hockey players and figure skaters. It's not as loud and showy as Dancing With the Stars
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    That cake cooled for over 3 hours, but it did come out in one piece. Made icing and iced that cake and the cake for Vince

SuziQ – how heart warming!

Welcome everyone new!

Oh willow – three months, and the three worst months on top of that. Come in here lots for lots of support and hints. This’ll work out, I know it

Went to church and when I came home, Vince had this diagram of our pool. It’s for digging the pool but it gives the dimension in every 4 feet. It’s really for knowing how to dig for the pool, but if we spread the cover out on the driveway, we think we can use this diagram to cut the cover. Sure will be easier than laying it on the water and then estimating where to cut. Vince even said that maybe we can do it tomorrow. We’ll see. Right now I’d just be happy to get it cut in half.

Michele in NC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Ended with 350cal over uggghh winter 🥶 go away! Frustrating. Oh well some folks it’s winter others summer that is their worst food munchie moments . I need to stop 🛑 before I munch it’s mind over matter yet keep slipping. Weights staying in a certain area luckily but getting tougher on myself.
    Hubby succumbed to a box of 🍪 cookies 🍪 70cal a piece! We’re both struggling but being good in other areas go figure. Eating healthy Brunch y Dinners then bam snack craving ruins us in one minute!

Amber Tx

Oh well every days a new day will try hard every day do our best .Exercising more but mainly because JR can’t go outside so more “messes “ as JR puts it proudly lol 😂. Toddlers job to blurt out random things as they make a mess clap because they built a house (a giant pile of toys with a toy person right in the pretend door 🚪). Cousin said her granddaughter same age is doing the same stuff so darn it’s my genes 🧬 shhh 🤫 don’t tell Hubby lol 😂. Her 2 grand babies they stopped listening to the Doctors bam their thriving! Told ya so they don’t know nothing anymore. Went from skin y bones to a chunkie cute little girls ! The way God intended!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Kim – I normally use a piece of parchment paper on my cakes. Only this one was in a bundt cake pan and for the life of me, I can’t find a way to get parchment paper in it. Or at least so that the cake will still come out with the bundt pan ridges.

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    Barrie: Thanks for the info. Strictly Come Dancing is on here at the minute. We usually have Dancing on Ice after Christmas.

Having a relaxed morning. I have a busy week ahead. Just a piece to write for Creative Writing Group tomorrow. I gave them a painting as a prompt. Now I have to write something.

We will go for our usual Sunday visit to DED and grandsons after lunch.

☘️ Terri
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Kim – I normally use a piece of parchment paper on my cakes. Only this one was in a bundt cake pan and for the life of me, I can’t find a way to get parchment paper in it. Or at least so that the cake will still come out with the bundt pan ridges.

Michele NC

Hello Michele and Kim. I love parchment paper and use it cake, cookie and bread baking. But, with ridged bunts the only thing that works for me is really greasing and flouring of the pan and making sure the cake is fully cooled before I attempt to remove it from the pan. That and loosening the cake as much as I can using a thin rubber spatula. It has been so long since I baked, too much temptation for me, my first few attempts will probably look like my home economics versions (high school) - LOL!
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Sunday -- we participated in a shorter version of the first ride of the Audax season!! It was a lovely ride, and the organiser and his family put on a good BBQ after. There were about 17 or 18 riders, a good turnout for us, and I think everyone else rode the official 100 km.

Machka in Oz

It looks like it was just the perfect day for a ride. What great scenery! I am happy you were able to enjoy the day and not worry about organizing it.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    we changed our clocks back, so it will be getting dark at 4 something at night.
    finally got my place all cleaned up... that was an accomplishment.. and makes me feel so much better..
    Have a cup of hot tea and enjoying the birds.. i put freeze dried meal worms on my retaining wall early so by the time all the nosey rosies are out its basically gone...first bird morning and night is the male cardinal..think its my dad just checking in
    putting a pot roast in the crock pot today ,no vegetables but will put bone broth in..and I have mashed cauliflower with it..
    my friend Trudy is going to help with my resume today.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    B)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Allie - Why are you having to redo your resume again? You have been looking for a job for months. Have your duties at work changed so you are needing to update what you have been sending out? Good luck!

Michelle - I haven't made a bundt cake in forever but used to spray and flour the pan heavily and then like the others have said let it cool completely before removing it from the pan.

Machka - Yeah for the ride!

Barbara - Glad you enjoyed the festival.

On Ramen - I too think it is overhyped. It is fine, I will go if a group really wants to, but it wouldn't be my choice. To each their own.

Karen - I too missed that the grands are moved back. Is this a good thing?

Have a great Sunday ladies. Hubs is off today and we are going to a concert tonight not too far from our house. Our handyman texted me last night and asked if he could come hang our Christmas lights today but then didn't reply when I asked what time he was wanting to come so I don't know if that will happen or not. We won't turn them on until Thanksgiving.

Okie in the TX Hill Country