WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- Don’t blame you he needs to realize just because he’s grown y gone that it’s respectful to call Mama or at least text,email,anything! My Daughter has realized being away how much she cares for us (probably a girl thing tho) texts me regularly to calls. She’s coming for a visit soon sure it will be 1 week for me or less the rest she will be on a computer 👩‍💻 but she gives us all a few days of all her attention.
    PS Athena looking more like you every month she’s so adorable 😍.

Time change - Tell my stomach that it has to wait an extra hour for everything! Keeps growling Definitely not feminine at all if you could hear it! The gas from the chili scaring off JR lol 😂 y hubby they ran to another room. Think I’ll enjoy 😉 90 day fiancé with my gassy me time .
    Amber Tx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💜💙💚💛🧡❤️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

I have been fussing with a minor health issue, for about 4 years, with the insurance I have the first $6500 is on me, and an appointment is $65 which is most of my monthly food bill- so a hit to my budget I try to avoid.
    It is a female issue, the external labia skin is sensitive, and painful. I have asked at each of the last 3 (one each year) pap smears (they are free on my insurance) and received answers that do not track. The discomfort comes and goes. It’s been quite bad for a few weeks, so FINALLY got online and looked at the choices of what it could be. And the one thing that really seems to fit to me is a yeast overgrowth. In looking at the home remedies one of the things that came up over and over again was to be sure you have your sugar intake under control. My best developed feature is a sweet tooth! Truly I could each a pound of fancy truffles in one sitting and not even feel yucky! I have been visiting with you but not logging and the sugar inhaling is out of control. Even when I was logging faithfully, I always left room for 2-3 small dessert items each day. A dessert item was cookie, ice cream, candy, a baked goodie. I have decided that for the next week I am going to eliminate all sugar based desserts (so a piece of fruit is ok). I am fully aware that there is a ton of sugar is pre-prepared food and processed food, for this week I am just going to not worry about that.

I do not eat any of the “fake” sweeteners they do not taste good to me, most leave me with the taste of chewing on aluminum foil.

Then I am going to go back to logging, I am hoping that this low sugar week will jump start me back to making good choices.
    There were some other recommendations I will incorporate to see if I am more comfortable. If, not I may have to make an appointment.

Kim from N. California

Kim - are you in/through menopause yet? My experience:
    I had some similar irritation this summer, not itchy really and no discharge, so my doc ruled out yeast - which I thought it was and was self-treating with creams designed for that, 3 or 5 day treatment. Money wasted, lol.

Doc advised external estrogen cream (expensive, I got it anyhow and only use a dab every couple days). Other things that worked well were barrier creams - plain old petroleum jelly and even A & D ointment - my doc said that's a good choice since it helps heal rashes!) Main thing is to keep urine from splashing on the issues and keeping them irritated.

And cotton undies of course.

Hope this helps, worth a try. "Barrier creams" seem to be the thing lots of older ladies use when tissues thin in our later years.
    Good luck!!

Lanette
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Lanette - I think I am through, but as I had an ablation at 35 and have never had any symptoms I am guessing a bit. But I am 61 years old... so it seems like a safe guess

I have been using Coconut oil and it is helpful, I would imagine that it could be called a barrier cream.
  • SophieRosieMom
    Options
    Lanette - I think I am through, but as I had an ablation at 35 and have never had any symptoms I am guessing a bit. But I am 61 years old... so it seems like a safe guess

I have been using Coconut oil and it is helpful, I would imagine that it could be called a barrier cream.

Kim, I'm not the biggest fan of Vaseline but it's thick enough to stay on for a while w/o having to reapply every time I use the bathroom. Same w A & D ointment. After a few days the tissues would heal. And no problemo. I read somewhere ladies have used coconut oil w good results.

Good luck. B)
  • SophieRosieMom
    Options
    Happy Birthday Lillybelle o:)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Congrats grandmaKaren Lilliana is a beauty. <3<3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, she is beautiful Karen
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Karen-congratulations on that beautiful girl!

BananasandOranges-good to hear from you, I've been wondering where you were. Like others have sai, they are starting to recommend older folks don't go all the way to the low end of the BMI range. I'm staying at around 23.5 and feel good there. Of course, it's individual choice.

Got a lot of little things done today that I have been putting off-papers organized, cleaned out the tool box (I had just been throwing stuff into it), put summer clothes into storage container under bed instead of keeping in closet. While I am the only one that would notice the progress, it feels good.

Only did pt once today. Was sore Friday after two sessions and yesterday morning got some more discomfort in knee area. It eased off as day went on. Some minor discomfort today (but not as much as yesterday). Will see if two seems like a good idea tomorrow.

Oh-and I signed up for Medicare today (I think A and B). Not sure that B is needed but it was talking about penalties, etc., so went ahead.

Time change is catching up with me so going to head in a read for a bit.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi Gals,

I have been fussing with a minor health issue, for about 4 years, with the insurance I have the first $6500 is on me, and an appointment is $65 which is most of my monthly food bill- so a hit to my budget I try to avoid.

It is a female issue, the external labia skin is sensitive, and painful. I have asked at each of the last 3 (one each year) pap smears (they are free on my insurance) and received answers that do not track. The discomfort comes and goes. It’s been quite bad for a few weeks, so FINALLY got online and looked at the choices of what it could be. And the one thing that really seems to fit to me is a yeast overgrowth. In looking at the home remedies one of the things that came up over and over again was to be sure you have your sugar intake under control. My best developed feature is a sweet tooth! Truly I could each a pound of fancy truffles in one sitting and not even feel yucky! I have been visiting with you but not logging and the sugar inhaling is out of control. Even when I was logging faithfully, I always left room for 2-3 small dessert items each day. A dessert item was cookie, ice cream, candy, a baked goodie. I have decided that for the next week I am going to eliminate all sugar based desserts (so a piece of fruit is ok). I am fully aware that there is a ton of sugar is pre-prepared food and processed food, for this week I am just going to not worry about that.

I do not eat any of the “fake” sweeteners they do not taste good to me, most leave me with the taste of chewing on aluminum foil.

Then I am going to go back to logging, I am hoping that this low sugar week will jump start me back to making good choices.

There were some other recommendations I will incorporate to see if I am more comfortable. If, not I may have to make an appointment.

Kim from N. California

I'm so sorry, Kim.

In addition to trying to cut out sugar, you might try to find a generic over-the-counter Monistat. They are sometimes quite affordable, and it may give you the kick you need to start healing.

And I agree with you about artificial sweeteners. I would rather go without completely than eat something "sugar free." Blech!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Karen, your granddaughter is just gorgeous. Congratulations.

Betsy in NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did Leslie Sanson’s Walk Away The Pounds Step and Kick DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of a 10MS Fitness Ball DVD and then take the extremepump class.

Barbara – there’s a petition (I signed it) to do away with DST at change.org. I know from Vince that once you sign one of their petitions, they send you a lot of emails. I’d love to do away with DST. It’s a real pain in the lower back side. I REALLY grease my bundt cake pans, but a few times cakes have stuck. When we lived in Kennett Square they always had a big mushroom festival. Well, Kennett Square is the mushroom capital of the world. If you go into a supermarket, you’ll find that a lot if not all of the mushrooms are from Kennett Square. The first time I ever smelled the air when they were turning over the soil, I swear I thought there was something wrong with our septic! Glad you had a good time

Beth – oh, yes, I HEAVILY greased the pan. It was a tunnel of fudge cake. Letting it cool in the pan for 3 hours, I only had to run the knife around the edge and it came out of the pan in one piece, thank goodness.

Karen – congrats!!! Lilliana is so adorable

Well, we cut the solar cover today. Tuesday we’ll probably tweak it some and put it on the rollers

Kim and Flea – I’m so with you. Keep the artificial sweeteners. Give me a little of the real stuff or give me nothing. Besides, the artificial sweeteners were made in a lab and aren’t good for your stomach.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

2cities marathon- 2hrs 8 min 14sec, 9.32min mi, 151ahr, 163ahr, 13.44mi= 1667c
    Apple Watch = 1382c
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴💤