WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Thursday! Real quick summary of my week. Busy with pre-thanksgiving crafts and activities with the kids. We made a really nice fall sensory bin. It has corn kernels, acorns, pinecones, leaves, bark, sticks, and some shiny foil "fall" confetti. The kids are loving it. We also made some scented play-dough. Cinnamon, clove, ginger, nutmeg, and pumpkin. I, personally, have had things going on nearly every evening this week as well. Two webinar trainings, an appointment at the DMV to renew my driver's license (new pic looks pretty good), and my provider network meeting (tonight). I hope to get my shopping list done today, so I can just head to the store tomorrow, after the kids are picked up.
    We have been getting snow here, nearly every day since last Thursday. A couple of inches here and there, but enough to need to shovel each morning. So...my shoveling has been replacing my morning strength workout on those days.
    Karen- The newborn "star log" entries are HILARIOUS! Daddies can be so dramatic (but funny)!
    Rori- My heart is with you and your DH! What you are going through, brought back so many memories of Tim's mom and her desire to "go home" nearly every day. Quite creative thinking, on your part, to "take him home" after running errands. Sending love and strength your way! Hope your visit with your brother in law's sister goes well.
    Lisa- I am sure whatever you and Corey decide to do during your long weekend will be restful and wonderful for you both! Sometimes it feels good to just be still and "be" with the one you love.
    Barbara- Wow! That story of you, Joe, and the pup. I was so worried; then so pleased that he came around and explained where he was at mentally. I think things will work out really well for you all (and Tumble, too)!
    Carol- Hurray for you with the walking post surgery/recovery! Baby steps is the only way to get where you want to go! And 2 miles is nothing to sneeze at! Hugs to you!

Hugs to the rest of you! Kids arriving ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    NY Karen- Yes! Definitely keep recording/posting your time in that challenge. Even if you don't get a full 24 hours in (and it happens to all of us sometimes) you can still have a record of how you did and maybe use it as a goal to achieve or beat the next month! <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Barbara ... thank you for sharing your story/prayer ...

Karen in VA ... I'm with the others, the StarLog is funny. Men!

Viv ... Oh the "joys" of remodeling ... hope your laundry is connected soon!

I love seeing the family/fur baby photos. Thank you.

Beth near Buffalo
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Skipping the weight in today . Was an unusual morning.Laundry day now JRs tearing up the house hyper cause Daddy dressed him 😂 lol the things that set this boy off are silly y unique. Our routines bouncing at the moment. Thinking back to soup today.Walking indoors way more than spring/summer.

Amber Tx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :) Jake's chiropractor suggested that he try yoga. I haven't done it in a long time so yesterday, we got our mats and found a short Rodney Yee beginner yoga video on YouTube and did 5 minutes of of simple stuff. I put it on my "to do" list to do it again today. I discovered that there are some simple stretches I haven't done in a long time.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did the travelFit DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to use the stairstepper

Terri – big congrats on your weight. I weighed myself today just for jollies and I’m ½ pound from my weight when PJ was born. Now watch me gain over the holidays!

SuziQ – those M&M’s weren’t at the front of the register, they were on sale and I have a hard time passing up something on sale that I use. Like the other day Keebler graham cracker pie crusts were on sale for 49 cents. You can’t even begin to count how many I took. Probably around 20. Who knows when I’ll use them all? But with all the preservatives, they won’t go bad. I got a lot when one store went out of business and had all their things on sale 75% off and it was a while before I used up the pie crusts I got. Then again, another store had the chocolate pie crusts on what they said was sale for $1.45. Not much of a sale. But I couldn’t resist. Normally, I can resist things at the register, mainly because they are expensive and I’m somewhat of a cheapskate at heart. But something on sale! Oh, thanks for your concern. I’m much better now. Still coughing, but not nearly as much. And I don’t sound terrible. Not perfect, but not congested.

Regarding holidays: Denise has this “thing” about the fact that Christmas should just be family. One year she didn’t want Jess to invite her bf since he wasn’t “family”. Now that’s the direct opposite of me, I have every intention of inviting people who I know will be alone. To me, that’s what the holiday is all about.

Allie – you SHOULD be proud of how much you have grown in the last year or two. I forget how long it’s been since you left Tom.

Heather – happy early anniversary. Lovely vase

Green Room in a bit. Then getting my car inspected.

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ❤️👋💜
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ You would be proud of me cause I just put a cake in the over. DH was going through the pantry and discovered a box of orange cake mix and demanded that I make it. So, we will see!

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Soup -190 cal per serving chicken y dumplings 🥟 Sweet Sue Brand.
    Crystal light peach tea 5cal a glass 🥃 I water it down so I have to drink 2to equal 5cal.
    Gatorade zero- 0 cal
    All the snacks I want till I reach my calories
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,266 Member
    Options
    DH 's younger daughter has just rung us. We have arranged to go up to London on Monday to meet her for lunch. It's ages since we went up there to see her. Not since we moved here. She has been down to us.
    She is about to start an upgrade to her job, taking on the production of two magazines. Very hard. Twice the work, but not twice the pay. OK magazine is one if them.
    She has also lowered the price of her hard-to-sell apartment. Two low offers. She asked DH if he could help her out, as he had previously offered to help her. He wasn't sure if she was asking him to give her, or to lend her, money. :*
    He is happy to give her money, but he has another daughter, so he was in a bit of a quandary.
    My suggestion was that he could give her her share of the cash handout we had put in the will on either of our deaths. All four children would get something on either death. He could give her the money now and write a codicil to the will.
    He liked that idea. We haven't yet managed to float that by her, but I think it is the best solution.
    Buying in London is horribly hard.

Made my dough for Bea tomorrow. :D<3 I haven't done baking with her before.

Ordered a boned, rolled, turkey breast this afternoon from the local butcher. I can pick it up a day or so before Christmas. It will be easier to carve and take up less room in the oven. More room for the fun bits. I'm not going to get too excited as three children will make it stressful, but I've just ordered gold napkins from Amazon, along with red, lacey placemats.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: I am so happy for you that Joe is being flexible and supportive about Shadow. Joe sounds like a “keeper.” So does Shadow. :heart:

SuziQ: The visit to the stylist will be later today and we’ll see if we’re a match. I can always go back to my regular hair cutter. :flowerforyou:

Allie: It sounds as though work is tolerable. I hope you’re able to get better sleep. (((hugs)))

Barbie: I’ve been taking yoga classes for a long while and love them. I feel stronger and more flexible because of them. DH was able to find a chair yoga class and it is doing wonders for him. I hope you and Jake have good luck with improving flexibility and strength with yoga. :heart:

(((Rori))) Sending good thoughts. :star::heart: :star:

Tomorrow is mammogram day for me. I know it is the right thing to do, but it sure isn’t fun. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Barbara--I am so glad Joe had a change of heart. Sometimes men just need some time to think it all out.

Evelyn--Love the family pictures. I just love pictures and get as many as I can when family and loved ones are around.

Michele--I understand how you feel. I was meeting with my boss last week and when I stood up to leave one slipped out. I just kept talking and walked out.

Weather is Fall today, in the 40's and 50's I can handle that. Have Bible study class tonight and I offered to bring snack. so when I get off work will run to the store and get something. I had planned to make some thng but time just got away from me.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3