Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I went for my flu and shingles vaccinations this morning. Did a bit of shopping on the way home. I'm just doing a mushroom omelette tonight because DH is out for lunch with his cricket friend. Arugula to have with it. I cracked all the eggs into a bowl this morning because I wanted to check they were still ok as they are just out of date. Seem fine.
    It was nice to see all the kids on their way to school and the Lollipop Man at the zebra crossing. :D That is an old memory for me. :D
    The nature yesterday is the sound of the waves on the shingle beach on our seafront. I especially like it when it is a bit rough.

I'm pleased that I managed to come home from the doctor's and still get on with my exercises. Very tempted to give myself a rain check. But I did it. Today I need to go AF and eat a lot less than yesterday.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    This is a pic of the Terre a Terre website. We sat in the window. I have never come across such food anywhere else. We are not vegetarians, but the food is really outstanding.

3xm30u0flnc1.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Happy Thursday! I had my CPR and First Aid class last night and it was a half hour drive away, so I was up later than usual; so I slept in this morning. I did my yoga and strength work out, but skipped my walk. All good, I will probably be out walking with the kids, later.
    Machka- Your Christmas buffet sounds lovely. My issue with chain buffet restaurants is a "germ" one. lol However, I have been to a couple of "special" buffets, such as the one you will be at, where the number of guests are limited. The two I went to were very posh (as yours looks to be) and the buffet service was beautiful.
    Michele- I am with your hubby on waiting on the toy box. Under age 1, it is still better to have things where he can easily access them. That said, many parents are NOT doing toy boxes anymore. They are doing shelving with "bins" for toys. This is also how most daycares and schools are set up. The problem with a "box" is the child will empty the whole thing just to see what is in it. If you decide to purchase a shelving unit and bins for PJ's toys, check with Denise and Pete to see what they would be interested in. The easiest way to do it is a plain colored shelf, then you have a whole variety of bin color or patterns you could pick out to store his toys. That way, as he gets older, you can just change out the bin as his tastes change. (sorry so long!) Your crab is darling and that mug is beautiful! Drink a cup of coffee/tea for me!
    Amber- are you taking an antihistimine or allergy meds? Usually itchiness (throat, nose, eyes, skin) is a sign of allergies. Perhaps try an allergy med or benedryl. Also teas with honey or as Barbara mentioned licorice (the Yogi Egyptian Licorice is wonderful). Keep your throat moist and hydrated. Water, water, water and lozenges.
    Gratitude-
    #1 smell- the smell of a clean house
    #2 technology- viber that keeps me in touch with my daughter, her dh and my grandkids in Texas
    #3 color- the shell pink color of the sky as the sun comes up
    #4 food- Well, I am grateful for all food; but my body reacts with almost a sigh of relief when I give it "green" things. lol So...lettuces and cucumbers are tops.
    #5 sound- the sound the waves make as they hit the beach.
    #6 nature- children in nature. I love the way children stop and see/touch/smell everything.
    #7 memory- I am grateful of the memory of the warm lap, strong arms and the soft low humming of my father. Because my younger sister was adopted and had a fear of men, she was firmly attached to my mother; which meant I had a very strong bond with my father from age 6 months. His lap was my "comfort" place and he was the parent I went to when things were "wrong" as a child. Even now, 26 years after his death, I still dream of being small and having that safe spot and hearing his rumbling humming.

I am so glad the week is almost over. I don't mean to wish time away, but next week is a short week due to the holiday and I am feeling the need for that long weekend. I guess that makes sense, as my last "vacation" (in Texas) was spent at the hospital and awake/zooming back and forth doing/being/helping. Not very restful.

Love and hugs to all of you! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Heather- Your dinner/day sounds wonderful! So glad you enjoyed it. And MMMMMMMmmmmm! Mushroom omelet! That is what I make for myself when DH wants his sausage and cheese omelet! And greens are the perfect side dish! The Lollipop Man. So...is this a vendor who sells candy of all sorts?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    We went through these 30 Days of Gratitude in November last year. I won't suggest that we do it again this year, but it is still something to keep in mind as we go into the holiday season. :)

mozs13csyrr4.png
    Machka in Oz

All right ... it's mid November and this will take us through to mid December ... just in time for Christmas!! :)

Day 1 - November 15 - Smell: My sense of smell is limited and my husband no longer has a sense of smell (or taste) since his accident. However, I can catch a faint scent from the roses and freesias he has grown, which are all coming into bloom.

I'm thankful that he has been able to garden and that we have so many lovely flowers and veggies growing and blooming. :)

Day 2 - November 16 - Technology: My laptop, my phone, email, facebook ... the fact that technology exists! :) It's what I do ... it's what I learn ... it's how I communicate with family and friends.

Day 3 - November 17 - Colour: Well ... I'm thankful for the bright colours on my table. Especially since this spring has been quite gloomy. They make me smile. :)

Day 4 - November 18 - Food: I'm thankful for my weekday lunches ... chicken, rice and veg. :)

Machka in Oz

Day 5 - November 19 - Sound: How applicable! I just got my laptop connected to my stereo!! I am appreciating the nice soothing music in the evenings. :)
    Machka in Oz

Day 6 - November 20 - Nature: All of it! I am very thankful that there is nature ... animals and plants, water, rocks, mountains, hills, all of it. I'm glad I live in a place where I can see and experience nature. I couldn't live in the middle of a large city. My ideal would be in a small town or right on the edge of a larger one so I could be surrounded by countryside in seconds.
    Machka in Oz

Day 7 - November 21 - Memory: I'm thankful for memory. I'm thankful that my husband has some of his memory - he's pretty good at past memories and procedural memories. I'm glad he didn't lose that. I'm also thankful that, with a bit of effort, I've been able to improve my memory a bit. I've discovered that if I focus and work at it, I can remember people's names at least some of the time! I've had to be my husband's memory.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    KJ - A Lollipop Man is a person employed by the local council to see children safely over the road. They stop the traffic with a 'lollipop'. :D There was one on the way to school when I was a little girl.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

They have them here too ... I see at least 2 each morning. :)

Machka in Oz
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Lollipop ... what a lovely name for a crossing guard!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ♥️👋
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Hmm. My exercise push is not going well. My lower back hurts. I could take a pill and continue to push, or I could skip a day. Or I could try to do half. How do I decide? This is the part that gets me every time.

Meanwhile, I am grateful for lots of nature: ocean, lakes and rivers, animals, trees, trails and hills and mountains. The feel of hot sunshine. The fresh air. Everything except the mosquitoes!
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary Heather. Your meal out sounds fantastic.

Machka, I think the buffet is a wonderful idea and so glad you were able to get it booked.

Really, really tired of all the political talks this week. What a mess!

I have been so, so lazy. Cannot make myself get off my rear end and do basic housework. I don't think I am depressed but just don't have the motivation to do it.

Carol in GA

• pipcd34
    Options
    9boqdvougqhj.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Flea - I feel for you. My elder son has suffered horribly with anxiety/depression. At university he had to repeat a year, which made it a very long 5 years in Scotland.
    I am visiting him in Nottingham next month and am pleased that life is more stable for him at the moment. His two greyhounds were the most help to him. I always worry about him, even though he is 43 in a few days. I believe he is 'happy' right now and in a good relationship. That's all I ask.

KJ - the mushroom omelette was delicious. :D I take Elizabeth David's advice and make a little sauce with garlic, a bit of onion, the mushrooms, and a little creme fraiche. I put that on one half and fold it over. We have half each. In Italy I used to make it with fresh porcini, but here just chestnut ones.

DH's last present to me for our anniversary arrived today. It's Norwegian brown cheese. Definitely weird, but a lot of fun! In Norway they have it thinly sliced for breakfast. I will have it after strawberries tonight.
    One of his other presents was a history of Norway. (We are going to Norway on our next cruise and I am busy revising my Norwegian on Duolingo)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did Joyce Vidral’s Cougar DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the deep water class.

Yvonne – free ice cream, and Dove no less…..fortunately, he retired before they installed the freezers.

Terri – that’s the mug that I’m going to leave down in FL. We don’t have a large one down there and I want one so here it is….

Heather – whenever I have old (out of date) eggs, I hard boil them. Makes it easier to peel

KJ – thanks for your input about the toy box. I never thought (and it makes sense) how kids will empty the entire box just for one toy You won’t catch me drinking coffee :) . Tea all the way. Supposed to go to the Green Room in a few. Whenever I go there, I need to run a little bit of water first thru the Keurig to get rid of the horrible coffee taste (apologies to anyone who likes coffee, and I know there’s a lot of you)

Anne DE – I would skip exercise one day. Just be sure it’s only one day

Michele in NC
    Who is making her first c2c, now to learn the decrease
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rita ~ I am so jealous of your waist line.

Carol in GA