WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: We also have kindle apps on our phones and use them to “check out” books from Library to Go. This is offered through our local library. :bigsmile:

Vicki: I hope your furnace is fixed promptly and you are able to stay wam.:star:

Terri: What a beautiful sunset! :flowerforyou:

Beth: I think the buffet restaurants cater to those who love to eat. Their customers want to have loads of choices and go back for more. Eating that much in a single meal doesn’t work for me. :noway:

Michele: Your ceramics have so much personality! I particularly like the lobster. :smiley:

Bwcetc & Heather: I agree with you about the crossing guards. A Lollipop Man or Lollipop Woman is a lovely name for crossing guards who keep our children safe. :smiley:

Annie squats: If your exercise hurts you need to make changes. It may be to reduce the number of repetitions, or set an every-other day schedule so that your body has a chance to adjust to the increased exercise. There are lots of ways to ease into a healthy exercise program. :flowerforyou:

Our guests have gone home and we’re getting back into our routines. Today is chilly but sunny and beautiful outside. I had my hair cut yesterday. Not thrilled, but it is better than it was. I heard good news from our daughter. All of the kids seem to be doing well. They boy who they were worried about as possibly diabetic has been to the doctor and is just fine. YAY!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @cityjaneLondon that sounds delicious! the plate is lovely! wow! Happy anniversary!

@auntiebk thanks for explaining the burn barrel

@Machka9 the menu looks great! So much choice.

@SuziQ113 veggie heavy plus desert sounds right up my alley. thank goodness my schedule is lighter some periods of the year. it's brutal at present.

@ginnytez I am so sorry about your supervisor. Has she stopped working?

sooooo tired. started class again at 8:30 till 11:30. usually I have a break but today I had to prepare a test.
    I was really dragging in afternoon classes. till 6:30. I even thought of leaving sick I was so tired. I didn't have enough lunch so got a snickers bar (I had read that they are high protein). there are only vending machines at one of my workplaces and I had to choose between snickers or barbecue potato chips as most everything else is with gluten.
    that made me feel really tired. I probably haven't bought a snickers bar in many years. its rare that I buy vending machine candy bars.

I'm tending to crash early like 9pm (early here) and then awaken at 2:30 or 3am.

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    So this morning was fun. Went to get out of my son's lazy boy chair, but instead just rode it over on its side! When I was trying to push the foot rest in, (it has trouble latching and you have to kind of donkey kick it as you rise up), my vertigo kicked in and I did a complete swirl. No fun, but I wasn't hurt. Chair landed, still open on its side with me still in it, onto the carpet. I am so done with this.
    Vertigo exercises not working, but doctors really have nothing to give you. Something that has to work itself out. Meanwhile I have been avoiding the gym and riding in cars.
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Rita- you look fantastic.. me I was horrible today with eating but wont beat myself up.. tomorrow is another day...and have salad in the fridge here for lunch...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Have you seen this YouTube video?

Epley Manouvre : performed on a real patient suffering from vertigo.
    Bob and Brad.

I used it to treat my DH and it went away completely. He was in a very bad way with it. Your hubby will have to do it to you. I used the edge of our bed.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,410 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Rita: Looking good!!!
    Heather: Very fond of Omelettes. I chop courgette and onion with mushrooms. Then, I grate Parmesan over it and brown it under the grill.

We had our dance class this morning. The weather was very cold and wet first thing, but had cleared up enough for us to walk down to the seafront to the fish mongers for salmon for tomorrow. He had lovely venison steaks so we bought a couple for our Saturday dinner this week. Cooked lemon chicken and stir fry veg with noodles for DYD tonight. She has to fly to London early tomorrow for a funeral (her BFF from school lost her husband very suddenly) So sad!!!

Latin Study first thing tomorrow. Then Christmas Lights switch on on Saturday with a Christmas market in the town. Hope the weather improves

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    Hmm. My exercise push is not going well. My lower back hurts. I could take a pill and continue to push, or I could skip a day. Or I could try to do half. How do I decide? This is the part that gets me every time.

Meanwhile, I am grateful for lots of nature: ocean, lakes and rivers, animals, trees, trails and hills and mountains. The feel of hot sunshine. The fresh air. Everything except the mosquitoes!

Make sure u r doing the exercise correctly
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Been lazy lately as this colitis med is doing a number on me with side effects. Spoke with my pharmacist friend and took her suggestions. Feeling better but still sleepy from meds. At least not lightheaded and dizzy now. She was a great help!

Weight wise, I’m maintaining but really need to tone up. I still want to lose 5 more pounds but happy maintaining. Once this 3 month stint of meds are done, by January, I can focus more on toning up. Still walking my goal of 5-10K steps a day so not completely idle. Still proud of my progress!

Glasses or not?

RvRita

I am so glad the suggestion of speaking with your pharmacist friend was of help to you. Beautiful with and without the glasses. One is a more serious look and the other more playful.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    DH's last present to me for our anniversary arrived today. It's Norwegian brown cheese. Definitely weird, but a lot of fun! In Norway they have it thinly sliced for breakfast. I will have it after strawberries tonight.
    One of his other presents was a history of Norway. (We are going to Norway on our next cruise and I am busy revising my Norwegian on Duolingo)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather, you are expanding my cheese knowledge. I will be looking for Norwegian brown cheese the next time I am in a shop with an expanded selection. Searched and it does sound weird, if one is expecting a typical cheese experience.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    9boqdvougqhj.jpeg

Beautiful.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Heather and Michelle
    I never look at the date on a carton of eggs except when purchasing them. But do check out like you did Heather by cracking one at a time in a separate bowl before using. Unless someone's has a terrible sense of smell, it's very easy to tell if an egg is bad.

The not as old as me crowd at work tosses them without a thought - even if just one day past "best use by date". Different strokes for different folks.

I always say the egg is very underrated. It comes in its own packaging, is loaded with protein and nutrients, can be eaten alone and/or used in so many dishes, it is one of the purest forms of protein, and one of the most nutrient dense foods. If we would leave them alone (eggs are rinsed in the states and are cooled immediately) we could leave an unopened, not cracked egg on the counter with no refrigeration for over a week and it will not go bad. Most articles I have read state eggs, if refrigerated properly, can last up to 4-5 weeks past the use by date. OK, enough about eggs from me. :smiley:
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💤😴
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Kkkkkkk
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym, windy- 8.48min, 134mhr, 10.8amph, 1.58mi= 89c
    apple watch- 60c
    ROWING MACHINE- 60min, 49aw, 104ahr, 144mhr, 9373meters or 5.82mi= 217c
    apple watch- 316c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.15min, 127mhr, 14mph, 1.46mi= 59c
    apple watch- 50c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.34min, 140mhr, 10.8amph, 2.99mi= 179c
    apple watch- 101c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.29min, 147mhr, 9.57min mi, .55mi= 71c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.57min, 145mhr, 10min mi, .45mi= 65c
    apple watch- 60c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 14.27min, 11.1smph, 148mhr, 2.48mi= 224c
    apple watch- 116c

total cal 1003
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    It's really interesting hearing the meals those of you in different parts of the world eat. Mine are much more boring, but most days they are fairly healthy and it is stuff I like. I do like trying different dishes when I get the change.

Food pantry was packed tonight, broke our record from last month (292), we served 333 tonight. Long night. Was helping clean up so didn't get to first half hour of choir. The gentleman who was filling in for director tonight evidently collapsed and they called the squad. They were taking him out when I got upstairs. It sounds like it may have been a stroke.

The supervisor at work was working until the first week in October. She has been out on FMLA, which ends soon. However, she has a large sick leave balance so money is coming in and she will be covered until she passes. Very sad. Many at work are torn up over it. For some of the younger staff it will be the first time they have experienced death of someone they worked closely with.

BananasandOranges-hope you get better food choices tomorrow!

Off to bed,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Was a good day today. I was bad with lunch. The next week is going to be crazy. Granddaughters have 1/2 day of school tomorrow and all next week off & guess who's babysitting them? Yep, me. Along with play dress rehearsals all week as the play opens Friday at 7. I am going to have to find time to make salads to get me through. I know that water will be plenty next week.
    Have a great day on Friday.
    Marianne-WV
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Rita WTG!