Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    w3nkj68jtxzg.jpeg
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    My favorite memory is a vacation to St Lucia. I was in love with my boyfriend, and everything he did was so much better than my ex husband. The food was glorious, the ocean was perfect, we went hiking and kayaking and had a special session on making chocolate. A wonderful week that I will always treasure.

I read Ian Fleming/James Bond in high school. So glamorous and intrepid. Fountainhead by Ayn Rand touched me. I read hundreds of romances and murder mysteries. I am so grateful for lots of books to read!

Six days to eat right before Thanksgiving!

My back is better already. I did skip exercise yesterday. And I will review my form, thanks!

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Amber praying they take care of you and get you home quick xoxo
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Go for a Ride Day!

"Today the focus is on the journey, not the destination. It's a day for escape, for wandering, and for taking in the scenery. Celebrating all forms of transportation—cars, trucks, planes, trains, scooters, bikes, and everything in between—it's a day to go for a ride! It appears the date was chosen because of its significance to the transportation industry. The variable-speed (interpole) motor was patented on the date in 1904 by Mathias Pfatischer, and the snowmobile was patented on the date in 1927 by Carl J E Eliason. Additionally, the Concorde began regular commercial flights on the date in 1977."

FiddleKenna - So sorry you are having so many challenges right now. That is a lot to deal with all at once. I had an Irish Wolfhound and I miss him SO so much... they are such wonderful companions. He was a rescue who came to us at age five. Would love to have another but sadly I don't think another giant dog is in our future at the moment.

Bananas - Hurray for a bonus work-at-home day! If I tried to meditate at 4 a.m. I'd just go right back to sleep.

Heather - I love your rock and roll connections! Pretty amazing to be able to say Pink Floyd played at your street parties!

We have the camper hooked up and are all ready to head down to College Station for the weekend. It will be a weekend of disruption and temptation but I'm looking forward to it as this group are my oldest and dearest friends. I'll have to work extra hard to stick with my calorie and exercise goals, though.

Don't know how much I'll be able to post over the weekend, so I'll wish you all a good weekend now.

-Yvonne in TX
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    :)
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Rita ~ I am so jealous of your waist line.

Carol in GA

You can do it! :) just don’t give up!

RvRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    >:)
    Rita- you look fantastic.. me I was horrible today with eating but wont beat myself up.. tomorrow is another day...and have salad in the fridge here for lunch...

Never give up! Never surrender! >:)

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! Will be an way of life!

RV Rita

• Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    #7: Memory - The warm feeling of having DH, DB and Mars the Cat all together in the living room laughing and having and upbeat time.
    #8: Book – It’s a little gem that you can still find on Amazon by Tim Piering titled Breaking Free. Changed my life.

Katla: Worried about DH. Hope all is better today.

Amber: I hope the ER has a remedy for you. Sending you healing waves of energy.

Snowed last night much more than the forecasters predicted. But, I have errands that have got to done today, so getting my boots on and will head out now. Have a great weekend friends.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    k3u4edclsv78.jpeg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Antibiotics got sinus infection y they think a viral or bacterial to boot but couldn’t pinpoint which exactly but was sure it wasn’t a flu or cold. Got to wear a mask around JR Doctor said.

Amber Tx

Hubby bought McDonald’s JR 3rd time now since birth are chicken nuggets. (Only meat he ever has) might be a gateway meat lol).
    Watching Hamdmaid tales on Hulu y soon nap with JR then running after a 2yr old again
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Have you seen this YouTube video?

Epley Manouvre : performed on a real patient suffering from vertigo.
    Bob and Brad.

I used it to treat my DH and it went away completely. He was in a very bad way with it. Your hubby will have to do it to you. I used the edge of our bed.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
    I will look! I normally do the maneuver myself a couple of times a day. Not fun, as I swirl, then hold it for 30 seconds until the swirling goes away.
    👍💖 Rebecca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- My DH was screaming when I did it. I'm not sure you can do it to yourself. Get help! <3
    It cleared it in one go.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rori I'm intrigued by your comment on Tom Piering's book - I've never heard of him - but I'm thinking I should read his book.

Karen in Virginia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Katla – yea for the boy and everyone else. So glad you were there for your hubby

Bananas – keep something with you that you can eat so that you don’t have to go to the vending machines

Rebecca – so sorry that happened to you

Did the deep water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cosmo Girl Get Fit & Fab DVD. Another new one for me.

After exercise went to WalMart then came home to put the refrigerated items away. Volunteered at the soup kitchen. The sourpuss was there but she wasn’t assigned an area. I kept thinking “you see people are waiting for the dishes so that they can serve them. Why don’t you help making up the dishes – at least at first”. Then she’s going around asking people if everything is all right. I just thought “why aren’t you cleaning the tables instead of asking if someone would like something. You don’t like when it’s done to you, so don’t do it to anyone else.” Someone was trying to help me, only we were tripping over each other’s feet. He had a dish, I’d already given the person one. I think in the end he just decided to leave me alone, which is OK, this way it isn’t a matter of me getting something and someone else getting it. I would never ask “is there something I can get you” but if someone asks me for something, I’d get it for them. Oh well…that’s just me

SuziQ – I guess I’ve been really lucky so far. I’ve never had an egg that was rotten.

FiddleKenna – I’m so sorry about your hubby and you. You have a good outlook, tho

Ginny – I hope that gentleman is better and that your supervisor is not in a lot of pain

Barbara – c2c crochet is corner to corner

Stopped at a fabric store (JoAnn’s). I don’t care a lot for them, but I did want to get some elastic and they had a 60% off coupon so I got it. It was $3.49 and I got it for $1.50. See, I have these old towels that I use for the Y. I’m thinking that I’ll try putting some of that elastic around the top so the towel will stay up. We shall see if this works.

Amber – get better fast, real fast. Glad hubby is taking you to the ER.

Michele in NC