WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Michele--I think $100 is a small amount to pay after waiting 6 years for it to get done.

Our furance was a quick fix and the person that came out thinks the part should be under warranty.

Rebecca--I sure hope you can figure something out,it does not sounds fun.

Amber--Hope you feel better soon and that JR doesn't get sick too.

Katla--How scary, I do pray DH is doing better and this is not going to become a habit.

I am off this weekend and have lists of things to get done. DDIL wants us to go geocaching tomorrow and take a couple of the other grandchildren with us. I will only do this if it warms up. So will see. Enjoy your weekend ladies. Check in Monday.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Oh, at the soup kitchen two plastic spoons fell on the floor. The sourpuss was trying to pick them up. I finally picked them up for her and she said to me "they go in the garbage" I just answered "I know, I took the Save Serve course". She probably doesn't even know what the Save Serve course is.... ;)

Michele in NC
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Michelle - Save serve? Is that like safe serve for safe handling practices for servers?

Okie
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Amber - I hope the drugs kick in quick to make you feel better!

Okie
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Michele NC- Doubt she knows about certifications online or in a school for food handlers. Everyone needs to take it tho wish schools would offer it in high school as part of the Health classes! I got mine online y even tho I’m allergic to alcohol I have been licensed to serve before (They were impressed asked questions to better help allergic waitress staffs in the future when giving me my certification). I got it in my files if I ever want to retake it again my certification ran out during my pregnancy needs renewed someday.

Amber Tx

Hubby going to get the medication soon as possible hoping It works. Sleeping with a face mask 😷 to not get everyone sick y wearing it most the day too.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    I took Learn2Serve myself

serve safe http://www.servsafe.com/Home

Learn2Serve https://www.learn2serve.com/

They have specials on mine during holidays a few years back where you get a combination for cheaper. Can’t remember which holidays but worth checking all sites certification then. I took it so my Job would move me into a position I wanted PT plus took a quick books course to get cashier jobs. You choose your state on it bam certification for your state.To work in another state need that states certification.

Amber Tx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    quite a hectic, emotional teaching day. I felt like I was in a pinball machine all day! Phew, glad to be home to get in my steps on the treadmill. DH just got back from the DDS and he's in a good bit of pain, poor guy. He had a post put in for an implant and will be out of it for the rest of the evening. Guess I'm gonna get some cleaning done tonight for a change of pace.
    NYKAREN
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Well spent $130 on Thanksgiving items, and weekly shopping run. Bought myself more honey turkey, and pepper Jack cheese slices. For lunch today I had 3 Wasa crisp crackers, with a splotch of ranch dressing, mustard, turkey, pickles and then 1 1/2 slices of the cheese melted on top, yummy! The Wasa crackers are in place of any bread this week.
    My turkey is 11 lbs, so not huge. Bought my yams, some marshmellows, and cranberry jelly. Husband bought a chocolate cream pie, so that dude will be chatting at me from the frig after thanksgiving!
    I still put my foods in another place in the kitchen. This shopping run I only added some Cheerios and the crackers to it. Looks kinda pitiful, but most of my foods hail from the frig, so I guess that is a positive thing.
    Today I have been pretty good vertigo wise.👍. Tried to mail stuff but the machines were down, cash or check only. I have letters to Ireland, Canada, Australia, and a package. Darn it! Hopefully they will be up and running tomorrow. Son and I are making our pilgrimage to the ramen house.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Now JR crying saying He sick.My sentimental child so not sure if sick for real or mommy sick so he sick. A runny nose for the first time all day watery. Was hyper all morning after I slept with a mask on he now says he sick is fussy wanting held

Sigh no breaks for Mommy

Amber Tx

Good news is hubby has my meds on their way. If it’s just me I need to get over this quick.If it’s both of us skipping Thanksgiving!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,811 Member
    Options
    I’m only on page 51 and don’t have time to catch up right now. But I just read this article and thought we could all use it.

http://ow.ly/XrSA50xcS3V
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    u92bjlmwrm4n.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym, windy- 8.45min, 135mhr, 10.9amph, 1.58mi= 94c
    apple watch- 62c
    LATERAL MACHINE- 60min, resist1-7 fat burning program, 10width, 107ahr, 134mhr, 43aw, 7.27mi= 380c
    apple watch- 372c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.56min, 135mhr, 14.9amph, 1.47mi= 68c
    apple watch- 45c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.30min, 145mhr, 11.3amph, 3.09mi= 176c
    apple watch- 108c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.35min, 146mhr, 9.54min mi, .56mi= 78c
    apple watch- 62c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.32min, 9.52min mi, 144mhr, .46mi= 64c
    apple watch- 58c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 13.37min, 11.2amph, 149mhr, 2.53mi= 218c
    apple watch- 107c

total cal 1078
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Okie – yes, the Serve Safe course is about safe handling of food for food servers. If you were to go in a grocery store by the butcher, you’ll most likely see their certificates. I’m sure that by now my certification has expired, but I did take the course and know the basics. Like I never knew it, but there is a certain way that meats should be stored in the freezer. I don’t remember the exact order, but I’m thinking that beef should be on the bottom, chicken in the middle, and fish on top.

Started buying the items for the holiday dinner. This way, when Christmas rolls around, it won’t seem like that big of a hit. Or at least I hope so.

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Like I never knew it, but there is a certain way that meats should be stored in the freezer. I don’t remember the exact order, but I’m thinking that beef should be on the bottom, chicken in the middle, and fish on top.

Michele in NC

The only meat we've got in our freezer is chicken, and it's probably somewhere in the middle between all the veggies ... :grin:

Machka in Oz

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💤😴
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Did BB&B, finished Advent devotional, line danced and abstained from alcohol and cookies. Fell into food network christmas baking shows instead of walking Tumble or doing the minutes.
    Saturday will do firehall minutes, start firehall training, comb Tumble, and take her to dog group. Plan on no more than 2 glasses of wine.

Wow Machka you sure had to wait a long time to get that broken tooth fixed!
    Julie sorry to hear the bad news about your contracts.
    Pip you are making me homesick with that pic of the bay and ferry building and alcatraz. Too bad the Bay Area I miss was forty years ago...
    Amber ((hugs)) and prayers for a quick recovery. So glad your DH took you to the ER.
    Katla how very scary. Glad you were there and knew what to do.
    Heather how brave and loving you are to have done that manouver despite your husbands screams. I don't think I could have.
    Rori sweet memory!
    Vicki hooray for furnace part warranty and quick fix.
    Tracey thanks for the article. Food for thought.

Gratitudes Day
    #8 book: To Build a Land by Sally Watson. Read this children's novel when I was 9. It was about a group of Jewish orphans transported to Israel after WWII. Identifying with one of the characters sparked a life long interest in archeology, Hebrew and ultimatly spurred me to visit the holy land in 1980.
    #7 memory: at holidays Papa told stories about his younger days, during Prohibition and the Depression (but never about WWII). I could repeat them almost word for word but enjoyed them every time. That's one thing I miss about not having family left for holiday get togethers.
    # 6 nature: the forest's scent and the ocean's clamour
    # 5 sound: Joe snoring
    # 4 food: Fage Greek Yoghurt
    # 3 color: blue skies after a gray rainy foggy couple of days.
    # 2 tech: my Win 7 laptop. Dread migrating to something newer/supported.
    # 1 smell: clean, bleached whites while transferring from washer to dryer.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for November: get up and do it EVERY day!
    Steps=6197 vits=19.5 log=22 CI<CO=19, CI<250<
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Katla - Well done for coping so well with that emergency. <3 Does he know how he let it happen?

Tracey - Good article. I have done a lot of reading around the subject. I'm not easily able to get DH on board, who doesn't want to think about it, despite his previous partner dying of cancer at home. He was traumatised by that. I'm determined to either get into a hospice early, or to be paying Switzerland a visit.
    My first job is to get these b....y LPOAs done and dusted. He is very resistant.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Wow Machka you sure had to wait a long time to get that broken tooth fixed!
    Barbara

My choice. It was a tooth that had a root canal, so it wasn't hurting me and it was a combination of not having time + not wanting to bother. Finally it did start to bother me a bit and I decided I'd better fit it in. Turns out, the whole thing (fix + checkup + clean) took about 30 min! No freezing. Quick and easy!! :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Motivation to lose weight so I can fit in the dresses!!

zjwywh0paxnx.png

Machka in Oz