• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options
    Up to page 70

☘️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies,had a lovely time at my friends house..what great group of friends..had quite a few laughs.. got home and took a bath.. I miss those as I only have a walk in shower..a d got my pajamas on.. I'm tucked in bed now about to go to sleep.. i have 2 out of the 3 dogs up here on the bed.. Alfie got his nose out of joint and is out in the recliner lol
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    wj3vzve1hvna.jpeg

On track with calories but not exercising still will see if theirs any damage tomorrow. JR was so tired after he past nap time tiredly babbled incoherently laid down dozed right off no hyper moments .Took advantage of that got a good nap too! Was too much excitement lol 😂 dog,babies, y lots of family. He used his fork to eat ...sort of he ate the roll with a fork then used the fork to pick up potatoes then put them in his hand.Then hand to mouth. Close enough.
    Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Thanksgiving was very pleasant. Meal turned out well. Had enjoyable time cooking with son. Everyone got along well today. Ate more at dinner than I usually do, but got my desert fix I had been looking forward to. Logged food as best I could-at least everything ended up logged even if count is not 100%. Actually looking forward to normal eating tomorrow! Got a walk in this morning for the first time in several weeks since before starting pt for leg. Felt good. Just did 25 minutes, but it is a start. Last pt session tomorrow-then I have to keep up the work.

Looks like everyone who celebrates had a good Thanksgiving. For those who don't celebrate it, I am sure everyone has different special holidays that serve the same function. Humans like to celebrate with food!

Good night all,

Ginny in Ohio

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

You're right, humans do like to celebrate with food. :)

We don't have Thanksgiving at all here in Australia and the only real "food" day is Christmas Day, although sometimes some people might have a special dinner for Easter or a BBQ for Australia Day.

Date ..... Day ..... Holiday
    2019 (remainder of ...)
    25 Dec ..... Wed ..... Christmas Day
    26 Dec ..... Thu ..... Boxing Day

1 Jan ....... Wed ..... New Year's Day
    27 Jan ..... Mon ..... Australia Day Holiday
    10 Feb ..... Mon ..... Royal Hobart Regatta
    9 Mar ....... Mon ..... Eight Hours Day
    10 Apr ..... Fri ........ Good Friday
    13 Apr ..... Mon ..... Easter Monday
    14 Apr ..... Tue ...... Easter Tuesday *
    25 Apr ..... Sat ....... Anzac Day
    8 Jun ....... Mon ..... Queen's Birthday
    22 Oct ..... Thu ...... Royal Hobart Show
    25 Dec ..... Fri ........ Christmas Day
    26 Dec ..... Sat ....... Boxing Day
    28 Dec ..... Mon ..... Boxing Day Holiday

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴💤
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Barbara: In the end, the iphone works fine. They wanted me to upgrade the OS version on my phone. When I finally figured out what to do, it all worked out okay. The thing I resented most was that they insisted I use a password. I picked one that is easy for me to remember. :ohwell: :devil:

Karen in VA: I have three blueberry bushes and love the blueberries. It has taken a few years for them to produce the amount that I got last summer. I have bags of frozen blueberries in the freezer waiting for my use. Mostly, I put them on cottage cheese for my breakfast. My tiny garden space provides the blueberries and also purple-pod beans.The purple color turns to green as the beans cook. :bigsmile: I’m happy to hear that Bailey was able to be with other dogs and stay upright. :heart:

Lanette: I bought an Eat Smart Prescision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale from Amazon. It was inexpensive and has been working flawlessly. Maximum capacity is 11 lbs. It runs on batteries and I haven’t had to change one in recent memory. It is smallish and wouldn’t do for large items. I typically put a bowl on it, zero the scale, and then put the food item in the bowl to weigh. :flowerforyou:

We watched some of the Macy’s parade. It made me think about a Miracle on 34th Street with Maureen Ohara & Edmund Gwenn, and young Natalie Wood. That is my favorite Christmas movie. The parade wasn’t appealing to me because I'm not really interested in all the Broadway acts, so I didn't watch very long.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Katla ~ My DH loves Miracle on 34th St also. In fact, I think he has watched it at least 6 times lately. He loves the older movies. I love "It's a Wonderful Life."

Carol in GA
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, enjoying an early morning cup of coffee and a catch up with you all, hope everyone celebrating had a good holiday. Our T-day hosting for 10 was a good experience. As an introvert, I did step out of my comfort zone but all in all, I enjoyed cooking and seeing folks together. Was it perfect, nope, I singed the turkey a bit and the mashed potatoes were forgotten on the kitchen counter :o But I didn't let perfect be the enemy of the good, there was laughter and storytelling and I played (and lost) 2 rounds of dominoes with family.

Best food move of the afternoon, I started with a bowl of soup which filled me up, then I just had a smidge/taste of the carb-laden food that I only enjoy once a year (stuffing, mac & cheese, gravy). I loaded everyone up with leftovers so I don't have too much of anything tempting me for the rest of the week so that was another great move. I did enjoy 2 glass of wine with dinner, so yes the scale reflects an uptick. However, it's back to regular eating patterns and I will complete the November weight loss challenge with a loss of 2 lbs, back at maintenance weight!

Safe travels and stay cozy everyone this weekend.

NYKAREN
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Mirabile dictu Ci<Co Thanksgiving. As usual, under-estimated time required so had to simplify. Plain baked sweet potatoes instead of casserole with spiced maple pecans. Simple steamed brussels sprouts instead of roasted with maple balsamic bacon topping. Never got around to whipping the cream. Long since eliminated the mashed potatoes and dinner rolls as stuffing is our favorite. Worked to my advantage both time- and healthy eating-wise.

No BB&B today, college closed for the holidays. Going to drop in on my old T'ai Chi class, and if they're not there due to the holiday, my buddy and I are going out to breakfast. A challenge for me as I don't like eggs and love all carb laden breakfasts.

Today will be more active and AF. Need to work some of the creaks out this weekend so I have no excuse not to go to BB&B.

Heather “Arrived at the bus NOT out of breath “ you give me hope! I'd like to just be able to walk up our driveway without huffing and puffing.
    Machka poked my nose into machka dot net, I am more and more impressed with your photographic artistry. Eye-catching, wonderful colors, storytelling composition. True art! Not to mention your physical accomplishments. WOW. I used to love the view of SF Bay while commuting to work on the bus. The memory still soothes.
    Allie you're brave to do the 23 and me, I'm tempted but still skittish. ;)
    Carol what's the “aw snap” message from Windows 10?
    Lanette Joe is like your DH, would refuse to move to town due to neighbors. We're only 5 miles from town, such as it is, and 25 from our area's small rural hospital. Trying to enjoy every moment of where we are now and not worry about what I can't change. So glad your shoulder is better, but that medical massage sounds like it was brutal. Ow! Love my Mira MT105 but don't see it on Amazon any more. Here's the closest:
    https://www.amazon.com/Multifunction-Weighing-Milliliters-Measures-Watchers/dp/B00GMMTT5C?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1
    What I love: smooth glass easy to clean, can do tare weight on even large bowls, big lit numbers, only 3 aaa batteries (not 9v) has lasted for years.
    Welcome sparky916!
    Amber “oh Sheep... baaaa” ROTFLMAO!
    Rori would you share your maple bourbon turkey chili recipe? It's 3:22 am and my mouth is watering.
    Karen in VA have you tried these?http://pupgearpetproducts.com/products/paw-pads . Neither Robbie nor Scooter would tolerate booties or socks with grips, but let me stick these on. They help but don't stay on for more than a couple of days, so I scrimped by only using 2 or 3 and only on the rear paws. Amazon sells a powder system, and some anti slip strips for stairs, search pawfriction, but the reviews are mixed...
    Katla are you familiar with Connie Willis' novella “Miracle” ? ;)
    NYKaren, I undercooked the turkey breast a little and forgot to put the sweet potatoes on the table until Joe had finished his first plate, but we both enjoyed the feast anyway. ;)

Gratitudes Day
    #14 sight: my DH's lowered pressure numbers, his glaucoma has stabilized with no immediate need for surgery. Long may he see the ocean from our front room, the dogs playing together at the edge of the woods, the fog through the trees.
    #13 abilities: touch typing ;)
    #12 texture: Tumble's double coat, long straight strong guard hairs undercoated with soft downy fur. Shadow's silky puppy ears.
    #11 holiday: Christmas. The music, the lights, the scent of the Christmas tree, the story, the memories, the taste of egg nog, tom and jerry's, and oh yes... baking, smelling and eating the COOKIES!!!
    #10 taste: today its fresh ice water. After too much wine it really tastes good. ;)
    #9 place: our property, all 15 vertical acres of it, woods, ferns, creeks, mud, brush, critters, peeks at the ocean and the way it smells when I get out of the car. “Home!”
    #8 book: To Build a Land by Sally Watson. Read this children's novel when I was 9. It was about a group of Jewish orphans transported to Israel after WWII. Identifying with one of the characters sparked a life long interest in archeology, Hebrew and ultimatly spurred me to visit the holy land in 1980.
    #7 memory: at holidays Papa told stories about his younger days, during Prohibition and the Depression (but never about WWII). I could repeat them almost word for word but enjoyed them every time. That's one thing I miss about not having family left for holiday get togethers.
    # 6 nature: the forest's scent and the ocean's clamour
    # 5 sound: Joe snoring
    # 4 food: Fage Greek Yoghurt
    # 3 color: blue skies after a gray rainy foggy couple of days.
    # 2 tech: my Win 7 laptop. Dread migrating to something newer/supported.
    # 1 smell: clean, bleached whites while transferring from washer to dryer.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for November: get up and do it EVERY day!
    Steps=1739 :( vits=25 log=28 CI<CO=23, CI<250<CO=9 Tumble=15 mfp=27 AF=17

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Friday/day after thanksgiving! It felt so good, yesterday to be able to sleep in (slept in until 6:00). I made avocado toast for myself and Tim had an omelet. I put the pies in the oven and headed out for a walk in the sunshine! I think, if I ever retire, that is going to be one of the things I will enjoy the most; being able to walk when I feel like it. Came home from my walk and began the big meal prep. Tim and Colin went for the ham (the don't like turkey), potatoes, gravy, and stuffing; and I started with my butternut squash soup and a salad. This proved to be a smart move. That pretty well filled me up so that I had two small slices of ham, and a quarter cup of both mashed potatoes and stuffing. The meal was at 2:30 so it served as both lunch and dinner. I had a piece of pumpkin pie at about 6:00 as I watched the movie Somewhere In Time. I was about 300 cals over my allotment; but my walk and yoga took care of that. So...I feel good about my food choices yesterday. Due to the holiday meal, I won't have to do much cooking (for the family) this weekend; I will still have to food prep for next week, though. Today, I don't plan to walk, but if the sun is out I will head out and do it anyway. Today is the day I pull my bins up from the basement and begin the Christmas decorating. Fall deco gets packed away and the smell of cinnamon fills the air. I will have a couple of Christmas movies going. The two I start the holidays with are Holiday Inn and White Christmas. I also like to watch You've Got Mail and Serendipity during this weekend. Those are not necessarily Christmas movies, but they do have Christmas scenes in them.
    Karen VA - I don't know how it happened, but I think I forgot to tell you how beautiful Olivia and Phoenix are! They are getting so big! It must have slipped my mind because you put them in a spoiler! :/ I don't know, putting babies and fur babies in spoilers is like that line in Dirty Dancing "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" ;)
    Sparky- Hello and welcome! I had never heard of the Hernreid program (I live in Michigan, so that could be why). I had to look it up! I hope it works for you!
    Lanette- I am hoping that Tim and I will be able to move into town when we get older. I am positive that I will not be able to keep up with this house and yard when I hit my 70s/80s. I plan to keep it up for a few years, yet (as well as working for another 15 years minimum). Living in town would put us closer to all of the services we need. Grocer, doctors, restaurants, etc.

Well, I guess it is time for me to get busy! Love and hugs to you all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Machka - Let's see the red top! :D

It's a bit obvious, but my favourite season is early spring. I love seeing the first flowers pushing out of the ground and I enjoy filling the house with daffodils.

DH slept well and woke up a bit penitent and being nice to me. I ordered a new wok burner, then immediately cancelled it. At last I got him to look at the burner and with one twist he mended it! :o:D It's not perfect, but it's usable. Saved me a few pennies.

Gorgeous sunshine outside. I may just row as I ran yesterday. I can always gaze at the sunshine. It's going to get colder this weekend.

Then I'm going to cook pigs' cheeks in beer.
    I'm feeling Christmas cards weighing on me, so might do a few.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • etboces
    etboces Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Happy Post-Thanksgiving to everyone. Thanksgiving dinner is nerve-racking to me because of all the preparations, but most of all, keeping track of what goes in my tummy. I used to count the calories of every piece of food, but now, I am keeping track of macros. I had to put the macro logging on pause so I may enjoy the company of my loved ones and meals. It was wonderful.

Yesterday is gone, now is back to my healthy meals.

I'm Etboces from Orange County, New York
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :)etboces, welcome. Thanksgiving dinner was nerve wracking to me, too, even though I cooked just for my husband and me. I slightly overcooked the turkey and it broke in half as we moved it from the cooking pan to the plate for carving. But it was delicious.

:) My line dance class is meeting as usual today but attendance will probably be smaller than usual. Several people have let me know that they won't be there. Now I have to go walk the dogs and get back early so I can get to class.

<3 Barbie in chilly NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    There are several Black Friday Instant Pot deals on Amazon…

Kelly…and don't think it didn't occur to me I'd get a frowny face from you for putting the photos of Olivia & Phoenix in a spoiler…but but but…the photos are so ginormous! & so I made an executive decision, LOL!!! I thought long & hard about it, knowing I'd displease my baby-adoring friend.

NYKAREN Somehow I missed that you were going to have 10 people for Thanksgiving! That's a bit nerve wracking even for an extrovert! It sounds as if it went very well. I'm guessing you had some wonderful music playing in the background. :)

Barbara Those doggy-paw-traction-doodads might just work for Mr. Bailey! Thank you so much! Traction socks don't stay on.

Katla I find myself encouraged by your blueberry success. June is blueberry month in Virginia.

Lisa Missing your posts! Hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving!

Karen In Virginia
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Well SHEEP 🐑!!!! Baaaaaaa Gained 2lbs! Hubby 4 he worked out yesterday! We were so careful but we think it was cookies 🍪 we got home ate healthy before bed we had a couple.70cal a piece who knows the ingredients at Thanksgiving sure Splenda to healthy ingredients were not used at all.
    Hubby had the sweet potatoes 🍠 or yams told him after he said he only had a little meat y that....ummm Cousin uses marshmallow fluff in a jar,pecans, Karo syrup,y sugar. Oops 😬.I had potatoe with bacon 🥓 in it no telling the calories. So guesstimate was off but damage not too bad got to be careful today .

Exercise,chicken baked with broccoli/cauliflower mixed bag, y homeMade guacamole maybe a few air fryer baked tortilla chips. Got soup if needed left 70cal as a go to. Just got to be wise today.

Amber Tx

Get off all the weight before Daughter y restaurants a plenty just in case.