• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ❤️👋💜
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    ydailey wrote: »
    Barbara - That is my objection to Windows 10 and many modern interfaces too. I don't want my desktop computer to work like a phone, I've got a phone for that. For me the optimal layout and functionality is completely different between the two.

-Yvonne in TX

You can set Windows 10 up so that the desktop and taskbar are the same as any other Windows desktop and taskbar.

The only difference is the Start menu sidebar, and you can adjust that too. I've got it set up now with my most used applications so I don't have to go hunting for them. :)

M in Oz

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :) My computer updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 automatically and once I found out a few little things about it, it turned out to be just a little better than before and I've had no complaints since.

:) The weather forecast here had been for gale warnings for two days but the wind has been hardly noticeable. Right now I am even more grateful than usual for having electricity.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
    1778195x0wsrs1dwl.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    HRM CHEST STRAP WASN'T RECORDING!!!!
    WINDY!!!!!! HOW I LOVE WIND

bike ride hm 2 gym, WINDY- 8.32min, 11amph, 1.56mi= didn't record
    apple watch- 62c
    treadmill jog- 18.21min, 9.10min mi, 6.4-7.0sp, 2mi= didn't record
    apple watch- 224c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, WINDY- 6.24min, 14amph, 1.49mi= didn't record
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station, WINDY- 18.35min, 9.5amph, 2.94mi= didn't record, est. 150c at least
    apple watch- 99c
    jog sta 2 wrk, WINDY- 5.28min, 9.40min mi, .56mi= didn't record
    apple watch- 63c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.41min, 10.17min mi, .45mi= 72c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 21.23min, 7.2amph, 2.57mi= estimate 180c
    apple watch- 126c

total cal 810
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    We went through these 30 Days of Gratitude in November last year. I won't suggest that we do it again this year, but it is still something to keep in mind as we go into the holiday season. :)

mozs13csyrr4.png
    Machka in Oz

All right ... it's mid November and this will take us through to mid December ... just in time for Christmas!! :)

Day 1 - November 15 - Smell: My sense of smell is limited and my husband no longer has a sense of smell (or taste) since his accident. However, I can catch a faint scent from the roses and freesias he has grown, which are all coming into bloom.

I'm thankful that he has been able to garden and that we have so many lovely flowers and veggies growing and blooming. :)

Day 2 - November 16 - Technology: My laptop, my phone, email, facebook ... the fact that technology exists! :) It's what I do ... it's what I learn ... it's how I communicate with family and friends.

Day 3 - November 17 - Colour: Well ... I'm thankful for the bright colours on my table. Especially since this spring has been quite gloomy. They make me smile. :)

Day 4 - November 18 - Food: I'm thankful for my weekday lunches ... chicken, rice and veg. :)

Day 5 - November 19 - Sound: How applicable! I just got my laptop connected to my stereo!! I am appreciating the nice soothing music in the evenings. :)

Day 6 - November 20 - Nature: All of it! I am very thankful that there is nature ... animals and plants, water, rocks, mountains, hills, all of it. I'm glad I live in a place where I can see and experience nature. I couldn't live in the middle of a large city. My ideal would be in a small town or right on the edge of a larger one so I could be surrounded by countryside in seconds.

Day 7 - November 21 - Memory: I'm thankful for memory. I'm thankful that my husband has some of his memory - he's pretty good at past memories and procedural memories. I'm glad he didn't lose that. I'm also thankful that, with a bit of effort, I've been able to improve my memory a bit. I've discovered that if I focus and work at it, I can remember people's names at least some of the time! I've had to be my husband's memory.

Machka in Oz

Day 8 - November 22 - Book: Most grateful ... the Bible. It's been a comfort to me, especially in recent times.

Also grateful for books in general.

The last 18 months I've switched to reading "children's" books. I've also found them comforting.

Machka in Oz

Day 9 - November 23 - Place: I'm thankful for my bed!! Although I'm not there nearly as much as I'd like to be, my bed has become one of my favourite places to be. There I can lose myself in books or sleep. :heart:

That said, I need to get a new pillow. Might have to see about doing that tomorrow if possible.

Machka in Oz

I am so far behind but had to comment on this. When my daughter was in kindergarten, the students had to draw their favourite place on earth. She drew herself in her bed. She’s still that way at age 28.

The funniest one I saw one of the students do was Heaven as he was sure there was only McDonalds there”
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Tina I'm glad to hear some positive border experience. Thanks!
    Yvonne in TX how do you fix your brussels sprouts?
    Machka you give me hope for Win 10.
    NYKaren so glad Rachel made it (almost) home safely!
    Kenna beautiful! Like Yvonne, I want to reach out and stroke/squeeze that scarf. Oh haha, now I read the white is TP for spacing... you made it look sooooo tactile! :)
    Carol sorry but adding chopped hard boiled eggs to turkey gravy sounds like heresy to me ;)
    Rebecca well done on the BP and pounds gone. Hope that ENT appointment comes through SOON!
    Kim yay for the friend's inviting you. She must truly love to cook, that is a mind-blowing spread she has planned.
    Karen in VA, thanks for the weed barrier tip, now I wish I hadn't used those long brown paper thingummies for kindling.
    Tracey “only McDonalds” in heaven LOL!
    Amber tiger mama protecting her she-cub. You go gal!
    Like Karen in VA, I'm grateful for this group's graciousness, compassion and wisdom.
    Like Barbie I'm especially grateful for electricity. Not worrying about power to the water pump is delicious!

Safe, peaceful, healthful and happy Thanksgiving to all!m washer to dryer.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for November: get up and do it EVERY day!
    Steps=1603 :( vits=24 log=27 CI<CO=22, CI<250<CO=9 Tumble=15 mfp=26 AF=17
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to y’all!!I have been up and cooking again.I love it.Sending warm wishes and hugs,prayer,and love ❤️ to all in need.And mindful eating.Much gratitude for y’all.
    Debby in Va
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Enjoying morning quiet before the cooking begins. Won't be too tough and youngest son will be helping. Actually, he will do the sweet potatoes and the green bean casserole. Our meal is a relatively simple traditional with sweet potato casserole (healthy until you factor in marshmallows and brown sugar, but it's good), green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing (traditional made with bread, onion, celery, sage-my mom's recipe), a salad and shrimp for the snacking food. Of course, the pumpkin roll and blackberry pie. Oh-and the turkey. There will be 6 or 8 of us (brother and his wife are always a wild card!). Don't think step son is stopping by today, but their plans shift by the minute so they sometimes just drop in. I plan the food for everyone to have some leftovers to take. I will probably freeze some turkey for meals later, maybe make a batch of soup.

Off to get a work out in before it all starts. Want to get pt stretches in more because they make me feel good. Will also fit it a walk outside before things get hectic and lazy. We will be watching lots of football this weekend!

Hope everyone who celebrates has a good Thanksgiving (and everyone else have a good Thursday). The holidays have changed over the years but I enjoy them. They are also a good time to reflect on the good holidays past.

Take care all,

Ginny
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies! Happy Thanksgiving!

Hubs and I are going to our friend/neighbors house for our meal. They are kind enough to invite those of us without family into their home each year. I think there will be 14 of us this year. By request, I am taking deviled eggs and mac and cheese (sorry if I already told you that and am repeating myself).

Another neighbor is making brisket on Saturday while he has some friends in from NH. I think we are going to meet our friends for lunch 1/2 way between here and Dallas and will be home in time to make it to the neighbors for brisket and visiting.

Have a great holiday weekend for those in the US.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Machka9
    Options
    Challenges ... if challenges appeal to you, don't forget about MFP's Challenges subforum:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

Pretty much the same as last month ... aside from exercise, this month will include ...

-- work ... I've got several projects I should try to finish or get on top of by the end of the month.

-- university ... I start my next course on Nov 11. It's a spring/summer course and entirely online so I'm curious how it will go. Later in November, I need to enroll in my course Semester 1 courses.

-- cycling club ... I have a lot of work to do in this area!!

-- website ... lots of work to do and start attending Wordpress meetings again.

-- husband ... becoming more involved with our local brain injury association.

-- medical ... attending a whole pile of different physio appointments and other medical appointments. There is not a single week without a medical appointment of some sort.

-- and continuing to organise things at home. I've been working on this for a while now, but especially since I wrote my exam on Tuesday!!

Machka in Oz

Physical - Exercise, Eating, Sleeping -- exercise every day or just about. Eating ... could be better. Sleeping ... not bad now that I've got my cocoon of silence. :)

Work -- working on instructions these days, but I see emails starting to come in about other projects. They'll be for next week, I think.

Uni -- I've downloaded the initial information for my new course. Will need to acquire a textbook. And I've enrolled in the remaining courses for my Master's degree.

Cycling Club -- I'm focusing on this right now. Several things to do!!

Website -- must look at it one evening this week. I've got a Wordpress meeting on Saturday.

Husband -- we're going to a Brain Injury forum next Monday. Plus his BPPV flared up again this week, so we've had that treated. If you are having trouble with dizziness and balance, this is a great site with lots of information: https://vestibular.org/

Medical/Health -- I have a complete physical booked for next Friday, but had to go into a Dr early because of the spider bite. It is starting to fade a little, I think, but the medication makes me a bit nauseated. I have several other things I need to book - probably next most important is dental for my broken tooth.

Organisation -- first the cycling club stuff ... then I'll have to wade into more organisation stuff.

Recreation -- exercise, entertainment (symphony, plays), and photography are usually my recreation, but I'm starting to think ahead to time off over Christmas and travel.

Now it's lunch and I have a number of errands to run. :)

Machka in Oz

Physical - Exercise, Eating, Sleeping -- Need to start exercising more now that I'm almost recovered from spider bite and medication.

Work -- still working on instructions these days, but I see emails starting to come in about other projects. They'll be for next week, I think.

Uni -- Will be doing a lot of reading this weekend.

Cycling Club -- I'm focusing on this right now. Several things to do!! I made some good progress on the website last night which I was really pleased about! :) But most urgently: We've got another cycling event on the weekend which we're hosting ... tomorrow! I went shopping at lunch for it.

Website -- must look at it one evening this week. I've got a Wordpress meeting next Saturday (1 week).

Husband -- went to a Brain Injury forum last Monday which was quite interesting ... projects coming soon.

Medical/Health -- Complete physical today.
    BP is a bit high. Will be tracking it over next couple weeks. Had ECG - good. Will have heart ultrasound soon.
    Got measles vax. I am in the age group that only had 1 vax but 2 are needed. I may have had measles in 2016, but just in case I didn't, I want the vax!!
    Booked appt for shingles vax.
    Dentist next week.

Organisation -- first the cycling club stuff ... then I'll have to wade into more organisation stuff.

Recreation -- exercise, entertainment (symphony, plays), and photography are usually my recreation, but I'm starting to think ahead to time off over Christmas and travel.

Machka in Oz

Physical - Exercise, Eating, Sleeping -- Walking more + lifting some weights. It's sleeveless season shortly and I'd like my arms to have some muscle tone.

Work -- Finishing up instructions, starting to get into projects. I've got 4 projects before the end of December

Uni -- Much reading + need to start first assignment.

Cycling Club -- I'm focusing on this right now. Several things to do!! Website + prep for December 1 event.

My Personal Website -- must look at it one evening this week. I've got a Wordpress meeting next Saturday.

Husband -- always a never-ending stream of medical appointments + some projects with 2 or 3 different organisations.

Medical/Health -- Tracking BP. At home, it's OK. Heart ultrasound on Monday.
    Booked appt for shingles vax, second measles vax, and mole biopsy.
    Dentist on Friday.

Organisation -- first the cycling club stuff ... then I'll have to wade into more organisation stuff, but kind of picking away at it.

Recreation -- exercise, entertainment (symphony, plays), and photography are usually my recreation, but I'm starting to think ahead to time off over Christmas and travel. I'm off for 16 days and we'll go away for a few of them. I've booked peace and quiet!! I hope! :) Hopefully there will be some beach time too, both at home (we live close to a beach) and away ... and cycling time!! It would be fabulous to be able to cycle and/or run/walk every day during those 16 days!!!

I'm also looking around for Christmas dinner options. A couple years ago we did a Christmas buffet for Christmas dinner and I loved it! That's the kind of thing I want again. :)

Machka in Oz

Physical - Exercise, Eating, Sleeping -- Trying to fit it all in. So tired.

Work -- And now all the projects begin + a couple extra I hadn't anticipated. Four projects due tomorrow!

Uni -- Much reading + need to start first assignment ASAP.

Cycling Club -- Several things to do!! Most importantly right now, we've got a big event on Dec 1 which I'm organising. My stomach tightens.

My Personal Website -- I have started working on this. I'd post it here, but not sure if I can: machka . net That was a bit of fun.

Husband -- Never-ending stream of medical appointments + projects with 2 or 3 different organisations. **I actually asked for one of them to reschedule!!** I don't usually do that but when they wanted me to take an hour or so out of my day tomorrow, when I've got 4 work projects due ... I just couldn't! :astonished: It actually felt good to ask them if we could reschedule! Small victory. :)

Medical/Health -- Had heart ultrasound on Monday. Watching BP.
    Booked appt for shingles vax, second measles vax, and mole biopsy.
    Need to see chiropractor.

Organisation -- Can't do much of this till closer to Christmas.

Recreation -- Not much of this until Christmas.

Feeling really stressed this week.

gkjez7aaf0qr.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    We went through these 30 Days of Gratitude in November last year. I won't suggest that we do it again this year, but it is still something to keep in mind as we go into the holiday season. :)

mozs13csyrr4.png
    Machka in Oz

All right ... it's mid November and this will take us through to mid December ... just in time for Christmas!! :)

Day 1 - November 15 - Smell: My sense of smell is limited and my husband no longer has a sense of smell (or taste) since his accident. However, I can catch a faint scent from the roses and freesias he has grown, which are all coming into bloom.

I'm thankful that he has been able to garden and that we have so many lovely flowers and veggies growing and blooming. :)

Day 2 - November 16 - Technology: My laptop, my phone, email, facebook ... the fact that technology exists! :) It's what I do ... it's what I learn ... it's how I communicate with family and friends.

Day 3 - November 17 - Colour: Well ... I'm thankful for the bright colours on my table. Especially since this spring has been quite gloomy. They make me smile. :)

Day 4 - November 18 - Food: I'm thankful for my weekday lunches ... chicken, rice and veg. :)

Day 5 - November 19 - Sound: How applicable! I just got my laptop connected to my stereo!! I am appreciating the nice soothing music in the evenings. :)

Day 6 - November 20 - Nature: All of it! I am very thankful that there is nature ... animals and plants, water, rocks, mountains, hills, all of it. I'm glad I live in a place where I can see and experience nature. I couldn't live in the middle of a large city. My ideal would be in a small town or right on the edge of a larger one so I could be surrounded by countryside in seconds.

Day 7 - November 21 - Memory: I'm thankful for memory. I'm thankful that my husband has some of his memory - he's pretty good at past memories and procedural memories. I'm glad he didn't lose that. I'm also thankful that, with a bit of effort, I've been able to improve my memory a bit. I've discovered that if I focus and work at it, I can remember people's names at least some of the time! I've had to be my husband's memory.

Day 8 - November 22 - Book: Most grateful ... the Bible. It's been a comfort to me, especially in recent times.

Also grateful for books in general.

The last 18 months I've switched to reading "children's" books. I've also found them comforting.

Day 9 - November 23 - Place: I'm thankful for my bed!! Although I'm not there nearly as much as I'd like to be, my bed has become one of my favourite places to be. There I can lose myself in books or sleep. :heart:

That said, I need to get a new pillow. Might have to see about doing that tomorrow if possible.

Day 10 - November 24 - Taste! Well, there are only 4 of them: salt, sweet, bitter, sour, and I've written them in order of preference. :)

I am thankful I have all 4 but I wish my husband did again.

Day 11 - November 25 - Holiday: How appropriate ... one month before Christmas. :) Christmas is my favourite public holiday. I'm love the music, the decorations, the food, the Christmas Carol evenings, the lights, and the celebration of Jesus birth. I'm thankful that we have a Christmas holiday.

As for holidays in general, I enjoy any opportunity to a) take time off work, and b) travel. I'm very thankful I live and work in Australia where I get quite a decent amount of holiday time. :)

Machka in Oz

Day 12 - November 26 - Texture: Smooth. Since the measles (?) in 2016, I need to wear very smooth clothes. I've been thankful to find such things at a good price.

And the soft texture of the fur of kitties. :)

Machka in Oz

Day 13 - November 27 - Abilities: I am very thankful for my organisational skills. I don't know how I would have survived with the past 20 months without them!!

Machka in Oz

Deep breath ...

Day 14 - November 28 - Sight: What sight am I grateful for?

The sight of all the roses and other flowers in our garden. :)
    The view from our dining room window out over the water. :)
    The beach my bus goes by morning and evening ... sometimes there is sea wildlife out there. I've seen dolphins, a stingray and a whale! :)
    The mountain behind the city. :)

Psalm 121
    A song of ascents.
    1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
    2 My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

Machka in Oz
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving to everyone. Don't eat too much.Marianne-WV