WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Cari: Welcome!

I was up late in the night with iphone update issues. It is working again, but they made me give it a password. I’m not happy about the whole thing, but it is done and the phone works,

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    AMBER ~ Happy Birthday! :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla That sounds like a pain, what you went through with your phone. I'm glad it was on the up-and-up. XOXO

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    these kinds

0ax2iufinkn2.png

To clarify- it’s not the peanut butter that’s in them that is the issue, it’s the bone itself
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla, sorry you have Apple phone issues! When first read the post I should it might be a scam, wishing your password and all.😕😕
    If I ever get a phone I will only deal with actual assistants at the Verizon stores or some such actual place. I am too leary of people on the phone in general. I know its weird I don't own a cell phone, but its refreshing to travel places and not have to capture pics on a phone, or receive phone calls. The young kids of today don't understand the idea of capturing an image with your eyes and mind, and that's enough. Yes I am all for family portraits, its just everyday things that's silly sometimes. What is historians going to think of the kids of today's photos. Look here's a pic of her shoes. Oh and here's a pic of a sandwich....
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanks for your sympathy regarding the phone issue. It is resolved. Apple made me add a password and the drama is on hold for now. I detest having to have a password to use my own phone. :angry: I know they're trying to protect me from theft/ID theft. :grumble:
  • FiddleKenna
    FiddleKenna Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Candy in the office work room. I seriously wish my cohorts would stop bringing candy into the office. I did have a few pieces but figure its not a big deal as long as I count it but honestly. I am glad hubby decided tonight was a good night for scallop, nice and healthy. I have to say I am liking retired husband (he retired early and is much older than I am) I get home from work and he has cooked dinner and cleaned the house. I can see why guys have liked this deal all this time. I am so looking forward to semester break. Once thanksgiving is over there is one week of actual class and then exam week. It is going to fly by and I cant wait.....

Barbie - I am in Central New Hampshire so we get pretty darn cold here in winter. It is a damp cold as well. I have a lightweight winter coat that I hardly wear because of my hibernation habit. This year because of my friend Tracy (who definitely has different ideas of habitable climate than I do) I bought the absolute warmest coat I could find. It has fake fur around the hood and insulation etc. I have to many hobbies. I play fiddle, guitar, viola and tin whistle, mostly Irish Traditional. Then I do stained and fused glass, I knit and weave and I sell commissioned drawings in pencil and pastel and watercolor. My friend is teaching me how to use my camera as more than a point and shoot. We also have 7 dogs. I think it is cool that you dance. I took tap for a while but I sucked so bad. I decided that was not my thing. What kind of dogs do you have?

AuntieBK I use a rigid heddle. I have thought about buying a 4 or 8 harness loom but I don't really have a place to put it so I bought a schacht brand rigid heddle, mostly I make scarves and wraps. I also have a small schacht cricket which is a small rigid heddle that is more portable. I will take a picture of it once I get it warped up later tonight.

• FiddleKenna
    FiddleKenna Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pipcd34 Oh yeah those sterilized bones are not good for teeth... we stopped feeding them years ago for that reason
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Powerbeats pro
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Interesting little exercise ...

Type: mylovelist2015 into Google.

You should get the MyLoveList - all about organising estates, etc. ... very good information.
    http://ssandifer.com/MyLoveList2015.pdf

But what else do you get? What images? Don't worry ... they should be "clean".

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Oooo
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Good Grief Day!

"'Good grief!' is a phrase often used by Charlie Brown, the main character from Charles Schulz's comic strip, Peanuts. Schulz was born on this day in 1922, and today is dedicated to both him and his enduring comic strip. Peanuts ran almost fifty years—from October 2, 1950, until February 13, 2000, which was one day after Schulz's death. Schulz created all aspects of the comic, from the script to the art and lettering. Today, reprints of Schulz's comic appear in many U.S. newspapers."

Machka - I love the Hallmark workout!

Lanette - Thanks for the suggestion about cannabis. We can get hemp oil here but nothing with THC. We'll be visiting Colorado in February and I've been thinking of visiting a dispensary to try out some topical products for pain in my hands. Oh, and I still love John Denver!

Pip - Sorry to hear Yogi isn't feeling himself. Hope the dental exam goes well and he doesn't lose too many teeth, but either way he'll feel better with any problem teeth extracted.

Terri - Deepest condolences on the loss of your friends. These days every year when I leave our Friendsgiving I find myself wondering how many of us will still be there next year.

We got back from our three-day weekend in College Station yesterday afternoon, and I haven't checked the scale since. I'm sure it'll be up a bit - even if I hadn't broken the rules a little during our Friendsgiving feast, I definitely didn't to a good job of staying hydrated. But that's OK, I know what to do. The trip started out rainy but by Saturday it was pretty out and we spent a lot of time walking around the new equine complex at the vet school (which is where we were camped). My football team lost this weekend, but at least they were playing in Georgia so there was space available on campus!

Before we hooked up the RV to go home, we spent some time driving around looking at neighborhoods in Bryan. I really want to move back there, and would have done it already if Philip wasn't trying to build a practice here. We saw some cute places we could downsize to, but for now we're stuck as long as he's still working.

Watching The Voice now, and getting ready to head out to the gym as soon as it's over.

-Yvonne in TX
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Machka - we are hanging onto Windows 7 due to not wanting to spend $$ right now, plus we do 95% of web activity on the Fire tablets anyhow. Laptop is easier to type on of course with full size keyboard. But we have a fix with the bluetooth keyboard as I mentioned.

Sorry if I was giving the impression we were dreading a change, because we aren't at all. If I was still working or taking classes like you are, it would be a different story. They were just starting to introduce Windows 10 at my workplace when I retired.

My DH taught computers at the local college and retired there as a network administrator. So I trust his judgement on waiting to make the switch when our laptop's mother board goes kaput. 😏

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    Options
    ydailey wrote: »
    Happy Good Grief Day!

"'Good grief!' is a phrase often used by Charlie Brown, the main character from Charles Schulz's comic strip, Peanuts. Schulz was born on this day in 1922, and today is dedicated to both him and his enduring comic strip. Peanuts ran almost fifty years—from October 2, 1950, until February 13, 2000, which was one day after Schulz's death. Schulz created all aspects of the comic, from the script to the art and lettering. Today, reprints of Schulz's comic appear in many U.S. newspapers."

Machka - I love the Hallmark workout!

Lanette - Thanks for the suggestion about cannabis. We can get hemp oil here but nothing with THC. We'll be visiting Colorado in February and I've been thinking of visiting a dispensary to try out some topical products for pain in my hands. Oh, and I still love John Denver!

Pip - Sorry to hear Yogi isn't feeling himself. Hope the dental exam goes well and he doesn't lose too many teeth, but either way he'll feel better with any problem teeth extracted.

Terri - Deepest condolences on the loss of your friends. These days every year when I leave our Friendsgiving I find myself wondering how many of us will still be there next year.

We got back from our three-day weekend in College Station yesterday afternoon, and I haven't checked the scale since. I'm sure it'll be up a bit - even if I hadn't broken the rules a little during our Friendsgiving feast, I definitely didn't to a good job of staying hydrated. But that's OK, I know what to do. The trip started out rainy but by Saturday it was pretty out and we spent a lot of time walking around the new equine complex at the vet school (which is where we were camped). My football team lost this weekend, but at least they were playing in Georgia so there was space available on campus!

Before we hooked up the RV to go home, we spent some time driving around looking at neighborhoods in Bryan. I really want to move back there, and would have done it already if Philip wasn't trying to build a practice here. We saw some cute places we could downsize to, but for now we're stuck as long as he's still working.

Watching The Voice now, and getting ready to head out to the gym as soon as it's over.

-Yvonne in TX

very true, the bill will be anywhere from 650-1k bucks.. very lucky we can afford it. not everyone can afford an expense like that. dogs ain't cheap
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.52min, 139mhr, 11.9amph, 1.56mi= 92c
    apple watch- 68c
    SKI MACHINE- 45min, 129mhr, 115ahr, 20-25resist, 20incl, 1.85mi= 306c
    apple watch- 185c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.24min, 141mhr, 16.4amph, 1.47mi= 76c
    apple watch- 50c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.28min, 151mhr, 11.1amph, 3.03mi= 188c
    apple watch- 106c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.38min, 146mhr, 9.52min mi, .57mi= 75c
    apple watch- 62c
    jog wrk 2 sta- WINDY- 4.37min, 10.12min mi, 145mhr, .45mi= 63c
    apple watch- 58c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 13.30est, WINDY, 11.76amph, 2.56mi= 200c
    apple watch- 122c

total 1000 cal
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Daughter comes at the last days of December got to figure out a healthy non-alcoholic menu items for
    1.Starbucks (I only like teas y frappe chinos)
    2. Luby’s (really wanting a pie,macaroni, broccoli 🥦,okra but might not be able to get all of it perhaps fish but not sure)
    3. Golden Corral
    4. Fudruckers (Heard Elk burger less calorie meat but not sure if it’s an option wanting fries y sweet tea but probably not good options )
    5. Chick-fil-A
    6. Chuckie cheese 🧀 (might just play the games or get salad bar)

Amber Tx

Anyone know good menu items low cal for these feel free to jump in needing help with it.