WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    over at Toms~ winds blowing,,, but going to watch the parades, always a highlight of Thanksgiving for my kids and I ,DGD not so much so thats where it stops..
    Did DNA with 23 and me and im pretty much in the clear, in my older years I could evelop type 2 diabetes, but if i Stay Keto i should be good, also could develop Celiac... but again if I say away from wheat and all i should be good
    and I am what I thought I was northern european,, english, irish and german, and a tiny smidge of swedish
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🦃🦃🦃
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Windows 10 ~ I am mostly happy with Windows 10, but, I hate most of the updates. The latest one changed how my start up page looked and put all these grids around everything with a black background. Also, I kept getting the "Aw Snap" message when i was playing Scrabble. So, I somehow figured out how to delete this update and now everything looks like it was before.

NY Karen ~ I am glad Rachel's car breakdown was close to home and y'all were able to get her help quickly and get home safely. Have fun cooking for your family.

Rebecca ~ Happy that you were able to see the photo of your son's promotion. And, glad that you are getting the help you need with your dizzy spells.

Kim ~ So happy you have been invited to your neighbor's feast. Have fun!

Happy Thanksgiving to All of You and Safe Travels to All who are on the road.

Carol in GA

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,345 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!

Yvonne - I thought of your Philip yesterday as I was reaching up into light fixtures in the closet and bathroom and replacing burned out light bulbs. A year ago with my frozen shoulder, it was so painful to reach my left hand above my head. Now, it's so much better. I think the breakthrough was getting a medical massage which really broke up the scar tissue. My shoulder and arm looked like I got beat with a baseball bat, but that was the turning point, and I gained mobility in the joint with continuing physical therapy exercises. Does Philip do medical massage like that?

Heather - I agree with you about moving to town sooner than later. The sticking point is DH who right now wouldn't be satisfied having neighbors close by and won't part with his collection of tools/wood/building supplies unless he absolutely has to. And he still uses them from time to time. So for now, I am grateful we only live 10 miles from town instead of 20 when we lived on the farm. Very proud of you being able to run and not get winded. And you are right, some folks are old at 60 and some are young at 90.

Rebecca
    - glad you'll be seeing the ENT, hope that doc has some good ideas for you. And thanks for sharing the pix of your son.

Before I forget - any recommendations on digital food scales? I looked on Amazon - choices are overwhelming. I'm looking for something that can be adjusted for tare weight, that isn't too big, that will last.

Karen in VA - great idea for using the paper that comes in the Chewy.com boxes as weed barriers. Bingo! Easier to weight down than layers of newspapers, that's for sure.

Barbara AHMOD
    - my DH really enjoys using the Fire Tablet. He doesn't play games, he gets onto Twitter, and we follow mostly silly stuff with a little news thrown in. The comments from the peanut gallery are often so funny, it's a good way to get him laughing and a welcome break from the normal news feed.

NYKaren
    - so glad Rachel's car broke down close to home. WHEW!! Enjoy your day with MIL and family.

Kim
    - I am so tickled for you, that Thanksgiving feast sounds super! I love other people's cooking, lol. Everyone has their own twist on even ordinary (to us) dishes.

I cooked and cut up red beets a couple days ago and pickled them to take to Thanksgiving meal at our friend's this afternoon. Woke up with a sore throat that is getting better, I think it's just dry air/allergies/sinus stuff that generally goes away as the day goes on. Crossing fingers. Popped an elderberry tablet.

Better get going. I'm very thankful for all of you. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Today I did some writing! :D I downloaded the tablet version of Word, so I can work on my memoir on my Samsung Galaxy. For some reason I find this easier and get less anxiety about the actual writing. I used to write on my old tablet, but only in the Memo app. This is better because I'm working straight into Dropbox, so can easily transfer to my laptop. My tablet is rarely out of my hands, so it suits me better to do it this way. It is the equivalent of scribbling, as opposed to doing formal writing. Of course it will need major editing eventually. I have always been the same way about writing, I have a real block, even though I was a professional children's writer. Any way I can ease myself around the problem is a win for me. :p It gets done eventually, I just make a big fuss about it. :laugh:

I also went for my run. o:) Pleasant weather. Bought some curly kale on the way home to go with tonight's duck legs.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    CW 151 lowest yet! Getting mad 😡 brought it down lol 😂
    SW 195
    Still more to go I’m a small boned woman with a lot of flab’s.My old belt fit today last holes but woohooo my favorite one fits again.

Got us dressed packed ready to go.Was going to bring cauliflower with broccoli but no one ever brings what ai brought so instead a jar of butter pickles y a 3lb jelly beans for the kids to attack when putting up the tree. We’re only staying an hour Hubby y me’s diet plan. We decided 2 slices ham ,gravy with stuffing 1serving, grapes 🍇 6, butter roll 1, y salad if any. Sweet tea 2 glasses ,zero Gatorade y water

For Dinner at home progresso 80cal Dumpling soup (160cal whole can)
    Crystal light peach tea.Apple sliced up

Snack later tilapia fish pan cooked in Pam spray plain lightly peppered. Cauliflower broccoli. Gatorade zero or crystal light peach tea 🍵.

Should leave me an oopsie had pie or something deficit I hope.

Amber Tx

You bet mama bear claws are still out ! I’ll protect Daughter y the boys in Iraq same time! Mr.Con Artist met the wrong Mama! He had the nerve to give me permission to talk to my Daughter then as he hung up said he better get to her first. Warned Daughter he called twice while I told her what’s what with this jerk! She’s surprised when he called me “Just A HouseWife” I didn’t reach through the phone bop him one ! She even did a oooooooooh He in trouble now lol 😂. Hubby kept poking fun .Can you get me a water? Yes I can. Of course you can your JUST a Housewife! Then had a sinister grin like a boy trying to get in trouble. Stinker he is he knows I find it cute when he plays sarcastically like that. Ranted all night at Daughter. She had me test him something about a serious cold Mom who asks educated answers with the young man are you telling Mama the truth voice brings it all out they trip over their own tongue 👅.
  • sparky916
    sparky916 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi guys just started back logging my progress started the hernried program is anyone out there doing the same thing
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather My local daughter-in-law (Lilliana's mother) is an ED doc…and also pursuing a degree in music! She plays piano; she does have to work at it & has performance anxiety which frustrates her to no end. Eight days after giving birth, she had a school-related concert which she totally blew away. She was marvelous. She said she had no nerves whatsoever. She said she was thinking what a breeze the concert was compared to giving birth. :D:D:D
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Karen and Lanette-When my mother was pregnant with my youngest sister, she was 34. I though she was sooooo old! How my perspective has changed now!

Kim-That menu sounds fantastic! I’d love to be there for that. Nothing wrong with sampling. Enjoy!

Yvonne-I love that it’s pie in the face day. I don’t think there will be pie where I’m going, but that made me giggle.

Lanette-My mother lived rurally her entire life until recently. She moved into town (of 13K people) about a year ago and loves that she can walk everywhere!

Have a great day, Everyone!

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    :) Got up at 4:30, walked the dogs, ate breakfast, did all the prep to stuff and roast the turkey, put the turkey in the oven, walked the dogs again for almost two hours, now I can relax for awhile until it's time to fix and assemble the few sides so we can eat around 11:00 which is our usual time. While I walked the dogs, Jake brought in firewood so we can enjoy fires on these extra chilly mornings (28 F when I went out this morning).

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Lost my footing fell got a huge bruise. Said Oh *kitten* as I fell that mom oh noooo he heard me sinking feeling worse than the fall. Little voice pipped up heard JR exclaim :

Oh SHEEP 🐑!!!
    Baaaaaaaa!

Praise God the boys deaf! Or really bad at listening!

Amber Tx

His new favorite word is Sheep 🐑 baaaaaaaa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Karen - I think most writers would rather do anything than write. :o
    I once read that if you locked a writer into a room with nothing to do but write, they would spend all their time trying to tunnel their way out!
    I know I am not alone, but I do find myself very annoying.

Loving all the Thanksgiving stories! <3

DH being particularly annoying at the moment. If I disagree with him he goes into a sulk and cries. Grrrrrr!
    I'm realising that the large gas burner on our hob is not magically going to repair itself and Christmas is coming. It hasn't worked properly since we moved in and is now totally unusable. I've found a replacement part, but I'm afraid to order it in case that doesn't fix it, or it's the wrong one. Can't see any model no. anywhere apart from Smeg, but it looks right. I would love a new hob, but DH is all wobbly and thinks I'm out to get at him. Can you believe he has never used that burner! He didn't know it is dangerous! I'm half inclined to just get some money out of savings and pay for it myself. It's £100 extra for the fitting as it has to be done by a gas safety engineer.

Oh well, I have been amusing myself by watching programmes about Christmas crafting. Wonderful things!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Grateful for so much today and always. These categories made me think. 🤔

#11: Holiday – New Year’s Day
    #12: Texture – My cat's furry coat
    #13: Ability – Listening

Fasting today is going well. I made a small turkey and sides on Tuesday, so today made a maple bourbon turkey chili for DH's lunch. Smells incredible, so can't wait to have my share tomorrow.

To all the U.S. ladies here, hope your holiday is going just as you would like it. For everyone here, THANK YOU for being you. The extraordinary messages of support have buoyed me all year long, and on my list of blessings for which I am grateful, this group is very high on the list.

Stay well friends.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
    SMILING from lips, eyes and heart
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,055 Member
    Options
    :heart: